I want to be able to assist my team mates.

I have been playing the Beta and honestly I like all the game types and ideas but for me the one thing that makes Halo for me is having the ability to see my team mate in trouble and be able to back them up or vice versa. In Halo 5: Guardians Beta you can’t rely on teammates unless they have a sniper rifle, but even then it isn’t really ‘teamwork’ anymore, just two players happening to be at the same place at the same time.

There is no active teamwork in this Beta. In Halo 1-3 (4 showed some) the common scenario, through design, was two players stuck together and Lone Wolfing was doable but it was actually something only skilled players could pull off (or someone with a power weapon). Halo 5 doesn’t need two people to team up due to its kill times and players losing health so fast. What we are left with is more PASSIVE TEAMWORK, simply one guy lowering shields, running away, only to be killed by another guy who just happens to be around. There was no intentional coordination. I loved Halo for the team dynamics and this Beta isn’t showing any resemblance of that.

343i, I would like for you to ponder something. Why was team doubles (or even just the two man team) popular and competitive in past Halos?

Please work on this.

To the community, give me your thoughts and ideas.

halo 5 is going after the instant gratification 2 shots from any weapon kill cod crowd.

> 2533274831388058;1:
> I have been playing the Beta and honestly I like all the game types and ideas but for me the one thing that makes Halo for me is having the ability to see my team mate in trouble and be able to back them up or vice versa. In Halo 5: Guardians Beta you can’t rely on teammates unless they have a sniper rifle, but even then it isn’t really ‘teamwork’ anymore, just two players happening to be at the same place at the same time.
>
> There is no active teamwork in this Beta. In Halo 1-3 (4 showed some) the common scenario, through design, was two players stuck together and Lone Wolfing was doable but it was actually something only skilled players could pull off (or someone with a power weapon). Halo 5 doesn’t need two people to team up due to its kill times and players losing health so fast. What we are left with is more PASSIVE TEAMWORK, simply one guy lowering shields, running away, only to be killed by another guy who just happens to be around. There was no intentional coordination. I loved Halo for the team dynamics and this Beta isn’t showing any resemblance of that.
>
> 343i, I would like for you to ponder something. Why was team doubles (or even just the two man team) popular and competitive in past Halos?
>
> Please work on this.
>
> To the community, give me your thoughts and ideas.

Idk about you but I have the same amount of Team help as i have had in every other Halo with an added bonus of having team call outs via spartan chatter(which i like) It definitely helps to have a group of friends who communicate. But i feel more then ever that i get support. And i think once the match making starts in halo 5 with skill based match making, things will even out even more. I mean there are always players who just aren’t supportive but that with every halo.

> 2533274934371025;2:
> halo 5 is going after the instant gratification 2 shots from any weapon kill cod crowd.

Except Br is still a 4 shot kill and take a hole lot long to kill people then in COD

> 2533274796029854;3:
> > 2533274831388058;1:
> > I have been playing the Beta and honestly I like all the game types and ideas but for me the one thing that makes Halo for me is having the ability to see my team mate in trouble and be able to back them up or vice versa. In Halo 5: Guardians Beta you can’t rely on teammates unless they have a sniper rifle, but even then it isn’t really ‘teamwork’ anymore, just two players happening to be at the same place at the same time.
> >
> > There is no active teamwork in this Beta. In Halo 1-3 (4 showed some) the common scenario, through design, was two players stuck together and Lone Wolfing was doable but it was actually something only skilled players could pull off (or someone with a power weapon). Halo 5 doesn’t need two people to team up due to its kill times and players losing health so fast. What we are left with is more PASSIVE TEAMWORK, simply one guy lowering shields, running away, only to be killed by another guy who just happens to be around. There was no intentional coordination. I loved Halo for the team dynamics and this Beta isn’t showing any resemblance of that.
> >
> > 343i, I would like for you to ponder something. Why was team doubles (or even just the two man team) popular and competitive in past Halos?
> >
> > Please work on this.
> >
> > To the community, give me your thoughts and ideas.
>
>
>
> Idk about you but I have the same amount of Team help as i have had in every other Halo with an added bonus of having team call outs via spartan chatter(which i like) It definitely helps to have a group of friends who communicate. But i feel more then ever that i get support. And i think once the match making starts in halo 5 with skill based match making, things will even out even more. I mean there are always players who just aren’t supportive but that with every halo.

In all Halos you would have enough time to get over to a nearby teammate if he or she were in trouble, in here that isn’t the case. In all past Halos two player cooperative teamwork was a huge aspect in Halo’s gameplay but it isn’t in here at all. If you are shot or are shooting someone the battle is over before a teammate can even assist you unless someone happens to have a good vantage point or power weapon. In other Halos when in a firefight you could glance over at a teammate and see him coming over to assist you which would give you assurance as you take cover and have him clean up. You could have a good 5-10 second stand off between you and your teammate against an opponent who previously had the upper hand but again, here that isn’t the case. Call-outs aren’t really part of that, they are more for identifying who and where power weapons are.

> 2533274831388058;4:
> > 2533274796029854;3:
> > > 2533274831388058;1:
> > > I have been playing the Beta and honestly I like all the game types and ideas but for me the one thing that makes Halo for me is having the ability to see my team mate in trouble and be able to back them up or vice versa. In Halo 5: Guardians Beta you can’t rely on teammates unless they have a sniper rifle, but even then it isn’t really ‘teamwork’ anymore, just two players happening to be at the same place at the same time.
> > >
> > > There is no active teamwork in this Beta. In Halo 1-3 (4 showed some) the common scenario, through design, was two players stuck together and Lone Wolfing was doable but it was actually something only skilled players could pull off (or someone with a power weapon). Halo 5 doesn’t need two people to team up due to its kill times and players losing health so fast. What we are left with is more PASSIVE TEAMWORK, simply one guy lowering shields, running away, only to be killed by another guy who just happens to be around. There was no intentional coordination. I loved Halo for the team dynamics and this Beta isn’t showing any resemblance of that.
> > >
> > > 343i, I would like for you to ponder something. Why was team doubles (or even just the two man team) popular and competitive in past Halos?
> > >
> > > Please work on this.
> > >
> > > To the community, give me your thoughts and ideas.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Idk about you but I have the same amount of Team help as i have had in every other Halo with an added bonus of having team call outs via spartan chatter(which i like) It definitely helps to have a group of friends who communicate. But i feel more then ever that i get support. And i think once the match making starts in halo 5 with skill based match making, things will even out even more. I mean there are always players who just aren’t supportive but that with every halo.
>
>
> In all Halos you would have enough time to get over to a nearby teammate if he or she were in trouble, in here that isn’t the case. In all past Halos two player cooperative teamwork was a huge aspect in Halo’s gameplay but it isn’t in here at all. If you are shot or are shooting someone the battle is over before a teammate can even assist you unless someone happens to have a good vantage point or power weapon. In other Halos when in a firefight you could glance over at a teammate and see him coming over to assist you which would give you assurance as you take cover and have him clean up. You could have a good 5-10 second stand off between you and your teammate against an opponent who previously had the upper hand but again, here that isn’t the case. Call-outs aren’t really part of that, they are more for identifying who and where power weapons are.

You only could seek out a teammate if in close enough proximity.

Granted yes kill times are faster but you also must acknowledge that you have more options to seek out protection via your teammates via sprint and thrusters

> 2533274831388058;4:
> > 2533274796029854;3:
> > > 2533274831388058;1:
> > > snip
> >
> >
> > snip
>
>
> In all Halos you would have enough time to get over to a nearby teammate if he or she were in trouble, in here that isn’t the case.
>
> In all past Halos two player cooperative teamwork was a huge aspect in Halo’s gameplay but it isn’t in here at all.
>
> If you are shot or are shooting someone the battle is over before a teammate can even assist you unless someone happens to have a good vantage point or power weapon.
>
> In other Halos when in a firefight you could glance over at a teammate and see him coming over to assist you which would give you assurance as you take cover and have him clean up.
>
> You could have a good 5-10 second stand off between you and your teammate against an opponent who previously had the upper hand but again, here that isn’t the case.
>
> Call-outs aren’t really part of that, they are more for identifying who and where power weapons are.

How is it not the case If your teams is working well together I can definitely out maneuver players and wait for back up. unless they are on the opposite side of the map, and it doesn’t matter which halo you play if they are on the other side of the map they are not going to be able to support you.

Two Player cooperative game play is more a factor then any other halo i would argue. It fundamentally work more so in your favor then even before. which promotes team play which is a good thing.

How in ay way can this halo be both to fast yet still to hard to kill people because of sprint it can’t be both. lol. I can personally tell you that you statement cant be further then the truth when it comes to halo 5. more so then not, people come to my(or my opponents) aid faster and more effective to support me(or my opponents)

I see this much more in halo 5 then i have ever in past halos so maybe its just the people you are playing with.

I have seen multiple videos showing better plays gaining the upper hand and out playing players even with the so called “faster ttk” some. I have on countless occasions been saved or saved a team mate who was being out gunned before hand plenty of time for both.

Yeah, I’ve been arguing pretty heavily about the detrimental changes things like sprint and thruster bring to the core gameplay but honestly it’s the slightly faster kill times that really irk me the most.

theyre faster because of a combination of a higher rate of fire and bullet magnetism being VERY generous.

Team play still happens it’s not like it doesn’t exist now, but I know exactly what you’re gettin at because 2v1 situations end with the 1 dropping in what seems like counter strike levels of TTK.

I really hope hope they lower the rate of fire on non power weapons, not only would this lead to more meaningful situations and a better core experience due to more intense, prolonged fights, but it has other positive effects including making shot placement and accuracy far more important, making the game less about who saw who first and more about who can out shoot who.

Also increasing the effectiveness of power weapons which honestly seem underpowered to me at the moment when I can just 4 shot someone in nearly the same time it takes to fire two sniper shots.

Anyway tl:dr
Adjust lower: weapon fire rates and bullet magnetism to increase good times

I agree. Every match I notice my team just running in all different directions. I don’t know exactly what is causing teamwork to dissappear but it sure is.