I want Reach jetpack to be put back in H4.

Edited by Moderator - Do not create topics to troll.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

The Halo Reach Jetpack was actually useful, with this jetpack you cant climb crap. It expires too fast. I hope 343i fixes this and changes it back to the reach version What do you think?

THIS IS NOT A TROLL,IM BEING CEREAL!

NO.

/thread

There are still plenty of uses for jetpack in this game

Goddamnit, what have I started!

No but seriously, I didn’t think you’d seriously… Whatever, I second this motion! If we’re going to have a gamebreak AA, might as well go all the way!

I do miss the good ole’ jet pack. It also didn’t look as stupid. :smiley:

Its fine nothing wrong with it

people who hate the jet pack are awful at reach so do not listen to them…
the jet pack made halo the premier first person shooter in 2010-11
if they want to lose the aspect of the game that made it stand out from others…

there are a lot of people who will go play others.

I like halo 4 but I would not recommend it, its an acquired taste, like dog food once you have been fed it for 2-3 months it all tastes the same

> There are still plenty of uses for jetpack in this game

what? what are they?

> Goddamnit, what have I started!
>
> No but seriously, I didn’t think you’d seriously… Whatever, I second this motion! If we’re going to have a gamebreak AA, might as well go all the way!

game breaking? no… better looking? yes.

No. Just scrap all the AAs or at least make them more like equipment where you have to fight for control of them on the map. Oh, and put power weapons back on maps that have to be fought over and controlled.

A jetpack will never work well in Halo because it breaks one of the game’s foundational principles and harms map design. Giving players the ability to negate map design harms the overall flow of the game and removes the emphasis of controlling routes of egress.

The grav lift in Halo 3 worked because it was a one-time use equipment, and its uses were fairly limited and, therefore, expected.

The jetpack allows players to make map movement too dynamic, and it eats up design resources to ensure it isn’t abused.

Give the thruster pack the ability to increase the vertical limit of a jump somewhat and/or make longer jumps, and I think getting rid of the jetpack would be great for overall gameplay.

> people who hate the jet pack are awful at reach so do not listen to them…
> the jet pack made halo the premier first person shooter in 2010-11
> if they want to lose the aspect of the game that made it stand out from others…
>
> there are a lot of people who will go play others.
>
> I like halo 4 but I would not recommend it, its an acquired taste, like dog food once you have been fed it for 2-3 months it all tastes the same

The premier first person shooter in 2010-2011? C’mon man!

The premier first person shooter in 2010-2011? C’mon man!
[/quote]
your argument holds no water…what where you playing?

> The Halo Reach Jetpack was actually useful, with this jetpack you cant climb crap. It expires too fast. I hope 343i fixes this and changes it back to the reach version What do you think?
>
> THIS IS NOT A TROLL,IM BEING <mark>CEREAL!</mark>

Anyway, I’ve been playing Reach lately, the pack is overpowered.

> The premier first person shooter in 2010-2011? C’mon man!

your argument holds no water…what where you playing?

[/quote]
Unfortunately I was playing CoD due to the lack luster game that was Halo: Reach.

definitely and absolutely NOT!!! that was to overpowerd!!!

> > > The premier first person shooter in 2010-2011? C’mon man!
> >
> > your argument holds no water…what where you playing?
>
> Unfortunately I was playing CoD due to the lack luster game that was Halo: Reach.

You sir, seem to be under the influence of some foul substance.
Halo: Reach was a wonderful game. Broke away from the dullness that was Halo 3. (Unfortunately 4 came back to that with MC. D:)

> > > The premier first person shooter in 2010-2011? C’mon man!
> >
> > your argument holds no water…what where you playing?
>
> Unfortunately I was playing CoD due to the lack luster game that was Halo: Reach.

You sir, seem to be under the influence of some foul substance.
Halo: Reach was a wonderful game. Broke away from the dullness that was Halo 3. (Unfortunately 4 came back to that with MC. D:)
[/quote]
Well I do live in the state of Washington…just saying.

My opinion is Reach is trash. Halo 4 is slightly better trash. It like the same dumpster but it’s not quite as hot of a day so the stench is slightly less.

[/quote]
Unfortunately I was playing CoD due to the lack luster game that was Halo: Reach.
[/quote]

most people are not coordinated enough to use the jet pack… I understand

enjoy cod you traitor

No. No. NO. NO.

It had too much airtime to be using in matchmaking-- I actually like the cut-down changes to the jetpack in Halo 4. Now I don’t have the whole enemy team flying over my head.

It’s also nice for custom games because now one doesn’t have to do that annoying “fly up, stop, drop, and repeat” thing to climb upwards.