I want my Running Riot

Just played a game of BTB on Ragnarok. 17 kills, 9 assists, no deaths, 2 Killing Sprees, 1 Killing Frenzy, no Running Riot.

Apparently when we went to black screen 7:55 into the game the game lost track of my kills and started counting from scratch when the game resumed.

Frankly I find the bugs and real issues in the game more frustrating than how many rounds it takes from a BR to kill someone. Obviously tweaking some values in the code is a lot easier than fixing bugs, but I still want them fixed.

And were any of those kills vehicle kills?

This has been an issue across multiple Halo games and I’m guessing its actually an xbox live issue and isn’t limited to Halo.

When the host Xbox (there is no server that hosts the individual games) drops out, you lose things like streaks, weapon spawns, and sometimes player positioning. Those times when you black screen and then have to respawn? Lost host box.

> And were any of those kills vehicle kills?

^This. Idk about this Halo game, but I think a running riot can only be achieved via handheld weapons rather than vehicles, though I could be wrong…

> And were any of those kills vehicle kills?

I got four vehicle kills (as in destroyed four vehicles), but that’s not really the problem. I shouldn’t get two killing spree medals in a game in which I didn’t die.

Instead of two killing sprees and a killing frenzy I should have gotten one killing spree, one killing frenzy, and one running riot, right?

> > And were any of those kills vehicle kills?
>
> ^This. Idk about this Halo game, but I think a running riot can only be achieved via handheld weapons rather than vehicles, though I could be wrong…

It was probably caused due to the black screen. I earned a rampage in CTF by only using my BR and then the host left. I ended up getting 30+ kills without dying or using a vehicle but didnt earn an Untouchable or Invincible medal because of the black screen.

> Those times when you black screen and then have to respawn? Lost host box.

That is just so dumb. I’ve had that happen, but if that’s what causes it, why doesn’t everyone have to respawn? I had to respawn after a black screen the other day but the rest of my team seemed fine.

>
> ^This. Idk about this Halo game, but I think a running riot can only be achieved via handheld weapons rather than vehicles, though I could be wrong…

You’re wrong. Sorry. I’ve gotten all the way up to untouchable in vehicles. Got one with the wraith on Vortex once and other in the Scorpion on Exile.

But when he asks about vehicle kills I assume he’s asking if any of my kills were vehicles.

> It was probably caused due to the black screen. I earned a rampage in CTF by only using my BR and then the host left. I ended up getting 30+ kills without dying or using a vehicle but didnt earn an Untouchable or Invincible medal because of the black screen.

I know that’s what caused it. Black screens create a whole boatload of problems, and I’m tired of dealing with them.

> > It was probably caused due to the black screen. I earned a rampage in CTF by only using my BR and then the host left. I ended up getting 30+ kills without dying or using a vehicle but didnt earn an Untouchable or Invincible medal because of the black screen.
>
> I know that’s what caused it. Black screens create a whole boatload of problems, and I’m tired of dealing with them.

There’s not much you can do. It’s the game deciding that the host isn’t good enough, so it stops the game while it finds a better one. There’s absolutely nothing you or even 343 can do about it.

> Just played a game of BTB on Ragnarok. 17 kills, 9 assists, no deaths, 2 Killing Sprees, 1 Killing Frenzy, no Running Riot.
>
> <mark>Apparently when we went to black screen 7:55 into the game the game lost track of my kills and started counting from scratch when the game resumed.</mark>
>
> Frankly I find the bugs and real issues in the game more frustrating than how many rounds it takes from a BR to kill someone. Obviously tweaking some values in the code is a lot easier than fixing bugs, but I still want them fixed.

The only solution that i can come up with is the the Host quit the game, which effected the kill count and the medals you received. It has happened to me quite a few times. I have to say though, I know how you feel. When im on a high spree and the host quits, man does that really tick me off, lol.

> There’s not much you can do. It’s the game deciding that the host isn’t good enough, so it stops the game while it finds a better one. There’s absolutely nothing you or even 343 can do about it.

I’m inclined to believe they could write the game in such a way that it could save basic state information about me on my Xbox. If the game decides to find a new host or needs to find a new host then the new host could get each player’s state info from his Xbox. We’re not really talking about a lot of data here, conceivably less than a thousand bytes if stored efficiently.

I’ve had my sprees eaten up by black screen in halo 3 so many times. I even got a perfection without knowing it because I never got a running riot

Vehicle kills count towards your point tally but I do not believe they count towards the sprees.

The Black/Blue screen has always reset your sprees.

This has happen since Halo 3, and maybe even Halo 2.

Annoying yes, but Halo has always had this.

>

Kills with a Vehicles count to your spree. like already suggested, destroying a vehicle adds to your kill count, but I do not believe adds to your skill.

Just get in the Scorpion or Gauss Hog and you will get many sprees as long as you don’t die.

The only way we will never have Black/Blue screens in Halo, is that we have dedicated servers.

Hopefully Halo 5 will do this, but doubt it.

> > Those times when you black screen and then have to respawn? Lost host box.
>
> That is just so dumb. I’ve had that happen, but if that’s what causes it, why doesn’t everyone have to respawn? I had to respawn after a black screen the other day but the rest of my team seemed fine.

This can happen, if the enemy spawns first and kills you.

Some people stay in black screen longer than others, if this happens your guy will just be standing there, waiting for an easy free kill.

Black Screens are the worst when you are in combat. First out of black screen will win.

Can’t remember if this happened in Halo 2, but I do know for sure that since the days of Halo 3, kill streaks reset after a black screen.

> Vehicle kills count towards your point tally but I do not believe they count towards the sprees.

Thats true…vehicles definitely count towards your point tally, but they don’t count sprees. Unless he was splattering, but the sprees for splattering were removed. :(. Shame all the good past medals didn’t appear in this game: Weapon Sprees, Vehicle Splatter Sprees, Perfection, Yoink.

> The Black/Blue screen has always reset your sprees.
>
> This has happen since Halo 3, and maybe even Halo 2.
>
> Annoying yes, but Halo has always had this.

I guess I never notice in Halo 3 since I didn’t see many black screens and I really sucked. I’d be surprise if I ever had a killing frenzy in Halo 3.