I want maps with ANIMATION again.

So most of you who played Halo 2, and 3 remember the buttons that opened gates, and lowered bridges and opened teleporters. I want those kinda of things back. To mee, it added a sense of activity on the map. Like the spinning wheel on Zanzibar, and thr birds that flew around on guardian. Also, the fireflies of containment.

You mean interactive maps and nature? I want it too.

> interactive maps and nature? I want it too.

me 4

I want themed Kill zones but Nope 343 gone with the "RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD 10 9 8 "

How about a map on a planet where a space battle is going on above, and ship parts fall and destroy most of the structures around you?

Hows that for interactive?

> I want themed Kill zones but Nope 343 gone with the "RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD 10 9 8 "

Kind of off topic…

But yes I loved shooting those bird things on Epitaph.

I agree. In Uncharted they have stuff like that, like one of the maps is a train wreck, and after a certain amount of time a piece of the train explodes and falls off a cliff to reveal a power weapon that was hidden under it. Man, Halo would be amazing if they had stuff like that

Well yeah. but also animations. like the spinning teleporter.

> How about a map on a planet where a space battle is going on above, and ship parts fall and destroy most of the structures around you?
>
> Hows that for interactive?

You reminded me of a game that was being built, but no longer :frowning:

I would love that, I thought it brought another level of defining the map, and giving it more character. I miss the rotating dish on Ascension and other minor things hat were included. Just that little thing can make a world of difference.

> You mean interactive maps and nature? I want it too.

^This.^

> How about a map on a planet where a space battle is going on above, and ship parts fall and destroy most of the structures around you?
>
> Hows that for interactive?

“KILLED BY THE GUARDIANS.”

Haha kidding of course. That would be pretty cool. Hard to pull off performance-wise though. I feel the game would framerate lag a bit, if the ship parts were huge enough to actually demolish structures.

Map Hazards are fun. And sometimes anoying

I’m just going to list the Halo 2 maps and their great interactive features I hope but don’t expect for Halo 4.

Ascension - spinning dish
Midship - floating platform / breakable grav lifts
Ivory Tower - elevator / breakable hanging flower planters / glass
Beaver Creek - glass
Colossus - conveyor belts with explosive barrels
Zanzibar - windmill / destructable concrete in base, around turrets / bridge that falls down / COCONUTS on trees / window shutters / glass / gate
Headlong - swinging crane platforms / propane tanks / glass
Waterworks - falling STALACTITES / giant crushing structure going up and down / ladders
Containment - mines / gates
Turf - falling bridges / swinging warehouse doors
Elongation - conveyor belts
Gemini - motion sensing doors
Relic - teleporter gate / grav sniper tower
Terminal - train / TRAIN / SPEEDING TRAIN

Off the top of my head, at least.

It would be amazing if 343 added stuff like that on Halo 4. I also hope there’s Guardians on some maps as well! :smiley:

… what happend to that stuff? there was a ton in H2. Im pretty sure anewer gen xbox can handle that…

I like Highlands background. I would like to see more maps like that. What OP said is good to, I liked how you could open the gate on Last Resort to let in the vehicles.

> > How about a map on a planet where a space battle is going on above, and ship parts fall and destroy most of the structures around you?
> >
> > Hows that for interactive?
>
> You reminded me of a game that was being built, but no longer :frowning:

R.I.P Battlefront 3?

OT: I really miss the days of Halo 2 when it really felt like you could control the battlefield in matchmaking. Halo Reach was far too static for my tastes.

Interactive maps ftw.