I want Halo 1 Multiplayer

Dunno if this is in another thread somewhere, but something tells me I’m in a choir here.

First of all, I love the Halo games, especially the original, and it had an unforgettable Multiplayer componant that made LAN parties absolute fun. Upon the announcement of Anniversary, I hoped that a dream would be fulfilled where that Multiplayer would be remade with the same care that was put into the campaign, only to see a very lazy effort in that regard.

While I respect in one way, this is a mix of old and new, it doesn’t justify several main points. Half of the original Halo is the Multiplayer, and that’s what made it extremely popular as a cult hit of sorts. Everyone would want to set up LAN parties and play it from dusk 'til dawn. Seeing Anniversary and how it was going to remake the entire campaign with a neat way to see the old and the new, while using the 100% original feel of the game, a feel I greatly missed in the later games, the campaign was a nostalgic, yet fresh treat on a game that definitely holds up over time. Seeing the co-op being able to go online is another sweet treat as well. But honestly, this is only half of the job that should’ve been done.

So while we don’t get the original Multiplayer, which tarnishes the “faithful remake” by a megaton, it’s hurt even further by just using Halo Reach’s multiplayer, and not even having all of the original Halo’s maps (or even the PC version’s maps). If you ask me, I’d say you’re only getting half of the package, and some people would only buy this for just 1 run through the campaign, or additional runs just for achievements, and get it only for the small map pack. It not using its’ own multiplayer hurts the legacy and for those like me who wished to see the original multiplayer go online on consoles, this just goes to show that day may never come.

However, 343 Indisustries could remedy this by just making a DLC, and I would pay handsomely just to have that original Multiplayer with all of the maps, and still having that neat swap feature. As it stands now, the game doesn’t feel like the complete Halo 1 experience whatsoever.

Deep sigh

343 Industries is busy developing the next huge Halo game, Halo 4. I would rather have Halo 4 come on sceduale and with amazing success, then pull personel from the team and push back the release date.

Buy/Download Halo Combat Evolved for the P.C. Then there you go. You got multiplayer.
Download one of those higher resolution/texture mods. Then there you go. You got a remake.

Get Halo CE for PC. Ta-da!

Unfortunately, putting the original Halo 1 multiplayer into CEA was crazy difficult and time-consuming, and they didn’t want to split the population between that and Reach. I actually love the Anniversary multiplayer in CEA.

That would take more time and money. The halo multiplayer would be split into too many sections; Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo: CE and then Halo 4, all on one console. I like the Anniversary Multiplayer, as they made good use of it to replicate CE as close as possible with the Reach engine. However, I am horrible at Reach. Anyways, I hope 343 has been using this time to develop the Halo 4 multiplayer!

343, don’t let me and millions of fans down.

You cant play halo pc online anymore. The gamespy server stopped.

> You cant play halo pc online anymore. The gamespy server stopped.

Lolwut?

Either you’re trolling or you like to give out information on things you’re completely ignorant about.

The Halo PC master server is still up and it’s still very much alive. Go ahead and get Halo PC. It’s definitely worth a buy.

> they didn’t want to split the population between that and Reach.

How would that be a bad thing? So it’s bad if people want to play a better Halo game?

I cannot believe this discussion is still ongoing

my question why didnt they make a halo 1 online instead of having the anniversary maps on halo reach i was jw cuz i think 343 could make hella good maps i love the new ones what they made for halo reach and i cant see what kinda maps they will do for halo 4

Go play Halo 1 then.

> my question why didnt they make a halo 1 online instead of having the anniversary maps on halo reach i was jw cuz i think 343 could make hella good maps i love the new ones what they made for halo reach and i cant see what kinda maps they will do for halo 4

The anniversary maps? 343 didn’t make those. Bungie made them. 343 just updated the graphics for them. 343 really hasn’t done anything so far.

> > my question why didnt they make a halo 1 online instead of having the anniversary maps on halo reach i was jw cuz i think 343 could make hella good maps i love the new ones what they made for halo reach and i cant see what kinda maps they will do for halo 4
>
> The anniversary maps? 343 didn’t make those. Bungie made them. 343 just updated the graphics for them. 343 really hasn’t done anything so far.

Bungie didn’t make the maps either.

> Dunno if this is in another thread somewhere, but something tells me I’m in a choir here.
>
> First of all, I love the Halo games, especially the original, and it had an unforgettable Multiplayer componant that made LAN parties absolute fun. Upon the announcement of Anniversary, I hoped that a dream would be fulfilled where that Multiplayer would be remade with the same care that was put into the campaign, only to see a very lazy effort in that regard.
>
> While I respect in one way, this is a mix of old and new, it doesn’t justify several main points. Half of the original Halo is the Multiplayer, and that’s what made it extremely popular as a cult hit of sorts. Everyone would want to set up LAN parties and play it from dusk ‘til dawn. Seeing Anniversary and how it was going to remake the entire campaign with a neat way to see the old and the new, while using the 100% original feel of the game, a feel I greatly missed in the later games, the campaign was a nostalgic, yet fresh treat on a game that definitely holds up over time. Seeing the co-op being able to go online is another sweet treat as well. But honestly, this is only half of the job that should’ve been done.
>
> So while we don’t get the original Multiplayer, which tarnishes the <mark>“faithful remake”</mark> by a megaton, it’s hurt even further by just using Halo Reach’s multiplayer, and not even having all of the original Halo’s maps (or even the PC version’s maps). If you ask me, I’d say you’re only getting half of the package, and some people would only buy this for just 1 run through the campaign, or additional runs just for achievements, and get it only for the small map pack. It not using its’ own multiplayer hurts the legacy and for those like me who wished to see the original multiplayer go online on consoles, this just goes to show that day may never come.
>
> However, 343 Indisustries could remedy this by just making a DLC, and I would pay handsomely just to have that original Multiplayer with all of the maps, and still having that neat swap feature. As it stands now, the game doesn’t feel like the complete Halo 1 experience whatsoever.

“”<mark>The original Halo CE MP engine is awesome. We get it. We wish we could have done that too, but, it’s very antiquated technology. It was kind of a freebee spinoff of the campaign effort in the first place. It only worked on the system link and didn’t have a networking model as a result. To recreate that experience accurately would have been a tremendous amount of effort, two or three years of grafting on a modern networking model. We had to make a decision and get it done in a timely fashion. And also fundamentally we didn’t want to say to the Reach fans “Oh, we’re going to interrupt your experience and decimate your population and ecosystem because we have a new but old thing.’</mark>” - Frank O’Connor

You read it here first. Not happening. Enjoy the dreaming.

And even if it DOES somehow manage to be taken into consideration, it won’t be until AFTER the Reclaimer trilogy b/c that’s going to be the next Halo MP platform.

> > > my question why didnt they make a halo 1 online instead of having the anniversary maps on halo reach i was jw cuz i think 343 could make hella good maps i love the new ones what they made for halo reach and i cant see what kinda maps they will do for halo 4
> >
> > The anniversary maps? 343 didn’t make those. Bungie made them. 343 just updated the graphics for them. 343 really hasn’t done anything so far.
>
> Bungie didn’t make the maps either.

Who made them then?

> > > > my question why didnt they make a halo 1 online instead of having the anniversary maps on halo reach i was jw cuz i think 343 could make hella good maps i love the new ones what they made for halo reach and i cant see what kinda maps they will do for halo 4
> > >
> > > The anniversary maps? 343 didn’t make those. Bungie made them. 343 just updated the graphics for them. 343 really hasn’t done anything so far.
> >
> > Bungie didn’t make the maps either.
>
> Who made them then?

Certain Affinity.

1. Play Anniersary Classic.
  2. Or play Halo: CE in PC.
  3. Profit!

343i is busy making Halo 4. Besides, we sill have Reach’s multiplayer and, as Frank O’Connor said: “He didn’t wanted to divide the community”, in some words. Other thing is that they had to do it quick for the 10 anniversary of Halo: CE.

Oh, and 343i did a great job on Anniversary, i’m really looking forward for Halo 4.