I want H3 ranks back

I know a lot of you guys will instantly say “why don’t you go back to halo 3 then?”, but i really do look forward to halo 4. Halo 4 looks like a great game, but i want to be able to have the h3 rank system or something similar to it. I’m still not 100% sure what the ranking will eventually be like, but hidden ranks doesn’t sound too pleasing. If 343i didn’t like boosters, then can someone please explain to me why 343i just make quit boosters lose skill level along with experience? If your skill level and experience points drop when you quit, then people would stop doing that cuz there would be no point in trying to boost when you lose skill and exp. you would just end up in an endless cycle. Even having the quit ban would stop the boosters.

And how do you suggest they make a system that can tell all the boosters apart from good players? They’ll be able to find some of them, but there will always be some that remain below the radar. I personally think that if ranks are only visible to the player, and maybe people on his/her friend’s list, it would be the perfect solution.

It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank.

I like halo 3’s ranking system because in matchmaking they put you up against people that was close in rank to you, and that was really nice, i like reach’s ranking system just beacuse id rather earn a actual rank(elcipse,nova forunner,) than a number,its more rewarding, i hope they are doing somthing that will accommodate both,…without honest players have in to worry about cr farming or boosting.

> <mark>And how do you suggest they make a system that can tell all the boosters apart from good players?</mark> They’ll be able to find some of them, but there will always be some that remain below the radar. I personally think that if ranks are only visible to the player, and maybe people on his/her friend’s list, it would be the perfect solution.

If you lower EVERYTHING when you quit, have the quit ban, and disable max parties (for MM to split into two teams and the opposite team players helping each other), then there wouldn’t be boosters. simple as that.

> It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.

I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.

> > <mark>And how do you suggest they make a system that can tell all the boosters apart from good players?</mark> They’ll be able to find some of them, but there will always be some that remain below the radar. I personally think that if ranks are only visible to the player, and maybe people on his/her friend’s list, it would be the perfect solution.
>
> If you lower EVERYTHING when you quit, have the quit ban, and disable max parties (for MM to split into two teams and the opposite team players helping each other), then there wouldn’t be boosters. simple as that.

It’s obvious you are not into programming isn’t it?

They’ll always find a way to boost regardless.

> > > <mark>And how do you suggest they make a system that can tell all the boosters apart from good players?</mark> They’ll be able to find some of them, but there will always be some that remain below the radar. I personally think that if ranks are only visible to the player, and maybe people on his/her friend’s list, it would be the perfect solution.
> >
> > If you lower EVERYTHING when you quit, have the quit ban, and disable max parties (for MM to split into two teams and the opposite team players helping each other), then there wouldn’t be boosters. simple as that.
>
> It’s obvious you are not into programming isn’t it?
>
> They’ll always find a way to boost regardless.

The only way you could boost is if you quit many games but keep your skill the same, or max out a party in MM and split into two teams and cheat. Currently people just credit farm, which i always thought they should have made a seperate lobby rank from the beginning (MM rank, firefight rank, custom games rank, etc). The only way to boost is if 343i either really fudged up causing something you could do just in a lobby like looking at someone else’s rank and somehow make it yours or if you mod your account, which get you banned on xboxlive.

> > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
>
> I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.

Have you played Halo 3? Lots of people tried becoming a general. THATS WHY THEY BOOSTED!

Yea a 1-50 would be nice to bring back. Who cares if people boost? I don’t, infact if someone wants to cheat and get to 50 I am totally okay with it…that’s the beauty of it

> > > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
> >
> > I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.
>
> Have you played Halo 3? Lots of people tried becoming a general. THATS WHY THEY BOOSTED!

Certain people, like me, care about stats and rank. Certain people, the most probable of which being the under 10 “WTF am I doing” category of players don’t care.

Doesn’t matter. Reach had very little hacking and boosting. Do it better with Halo 4 + the anti cheat software should help.

Forgive me if I’m wrong (which I’m not) but was the Halo 3 system -Yoinked!- out because it was unintuitive nonsense? Now think back (recall pictures in your mind) back to 2007 (that time before Snooki) and you’ll find a lot of whining about rank locking on the one hand and boosters on the other not necessarily ruining everyone’s day but still making a mockery of a system which was intended to be taken more seriously with second accounts and a perpetual grind for another 50.

Why the -Yoink- do you want that back? Because it played well? No it didn’t! Trueskill was probably the most reviled word on the forums in the archaeic days of pre-twitter yore (next to “Recon”) which is why Bungie took the time to craft a system for competitive play (see arena ranks) that didn’t use it. And you know what, that sucked too because the entire business of assigning someone ONE number to represent how good of a player they are is inherantly, inescapable, and/or inextricably -Yoink- because no matter what you do you can’t possibly make that little number stand for a complex psychological profile that tells you how well you’re probably going to do in this game or that.

So -Yoink- it. No single number ranking systems in Halo 4. I’ve said this before, but if anything we should simply have a radial graph presented on our profiles that just displays a few relevant stats for whatever playlist or gametype we’re in to give everyone some good idea of what kind of player you are.

ex. Kills, deaths, assists, average range for slayer; distance traveled, captures, defends for objective; vehicles kills, vehicles killed for BTB.

Then for the lobby you can have a shiny little medal selected from the leading most trait. Gold tank buster, bronze cannon fodder, something that’s both appreciable at a glance and representational.

> > > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
> >
> > I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.
>
> Have you played Halo 3? Lots of people tried becoming a general. THATS WHY THEY BOOSTED!

Played the Hell out of it yes.

> > > > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
> > >
> > > I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.
> >
> > Have you played Halo 3? Lots of people tried becoming a general. THATS WHY THEY BOOSTED!
>
> Certain people, like me, care about stats and rank. Certain people, the most probable of which being the under 10 “WTF am I doing” category of players don’t care.
>
> Doesn’t matter. Reach had very little hacking and boosting. Do it better with Halo 4 + the anti cheat software should help.

Little hacking maybe, but there was still credit farming. the only thing about that is that it gets old and boring after awhile. it’s no fun doing it when your not doing much. 343i do need to work something out to make halo 4 fair.

> > > > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
> > >
> > > I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.
> >
> > Have you played Halo 3? Lots of people tried becoming a general. THATS WHY THEY BOOSTED!
>
> Certain people, like me, care about stats and rank. Certain people, <mark>the most probable of which being the under 10 “WTF am I doing” category of players don’t care</mark>.
>
> Doesn’t matter. Reach had very little hacking and boosting. Do it better with Halo 4 + the anti cheat software should help.

-_-

That wasn’t necessary.

> I want H3 ranks back.

And I want a pony.

Neither one of us are going to get what we want though.

> Forgive me if I’m wrong (which I’m not) but was the Halo 3 system -Yoinked!- out because it was unintuitive nonsense? Now think back (recall pictures in your mind) back to 2007 (that time before Snooki) and you’ll find a lot of whining about rank locking on the one hand and boosters on the other not necessarily ruining everyone’s day but still making a mockery of a system which was intended to be taken more seriously with second accounts and a perpetual grind for another 50.
>
> Why the -Yoink!- do you want that back? Because it played well? No it didn’t! Trueskill was probably the most reviled word on the forums in the archaeic days of pre-twitter yore (next to “Recon”) which is why Bungie took the time to craft a system for competitive play (see arena ranks) that didn’t use it. And you know what, that sucked too because the entire business of assigning someone ONE number to represent how good of a player they are is inherantly, inescapable, and/or inextricably Yoink! because no matter what you do you can’t possibly make that little number stand for a complex psychological profile that tells you how well you’re probably going to do in this game or that.
>
>
> So -Yoink!- it. No single number ranking systems in Halo 4. I’ve said this before, but if anything we should simply have a radial graph presented on our profiles that just displays a few relevant stats for whatever playlist or gametype we’re in to give everyone some good idea of what kind of player you are.
>
> ex. Kills, deaths, assists, average range for slayer; distance traveled, captures, defends for objective; vehicles kills, vehicles killed for BTB.
>
> Then for the lobby you can have a shiny little medal selected from the leading most trait. Gold tank buster, bronze cannon fodder, something that’s both appreciable at a glance and representational.

I don’t want the system to be boring. Having something to reach for is more fun than just constantly winning games. The idea of losing games and still rank up is stupid. I want some sort of “reward” for playing MM, too.

343 keep on saying how much they aren’t going to put it back. they say there was too many flaws.

> > It’s still a stupid idea to make it invisible to other players. Honestly, <mark>there’s nothing wrong with bragging rights. there’s a reason everyone tries to get the highest rank</mark>.
>
> I doubt anyone over the age of 8 really cares if another guy is a higher ranked.

If the ranking system shows skill, anyone over the age of eight would care.

> > I want H3 ranks back.
>
> And I want a pony.
>
> Neither one of us are going to get what we want though.

lol