I want emotes, just not cringey ones

LitLThomas modded an emote into halo 3 that I think encapsulates the kind of emotes I want in the game perfectly. Look him up on twitter to see it (because for some reason they thought it was a good idea to remove links from these posts smh)

I don’t want spartans doing trendy and cringey dances, but that doesn’t mean there can’t be a flare of comedy to it. Bungie had this fun humor in their games. So basically just think, “would sgt. johnson do this emote?”. If the answer is no, leave it out. Some emotes could also be “tactical”.

1 Like

Nobody wants fortnite dances in Halo, but it is true that there must be that touch of fun and not seriousness.

4 Likes

The bots on the flight were definitely funny. I think we´ll have a few, like the stances at the start of a match

I think first person gestures like in MW19 could work (waving, salute, middle finger etc)

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Personally do not like emotes in games. to often they are spammed or abused.

I mean every game with emotes has some jack sitting in the middle of the battlefield dancing or pointing at a chicken for the whole match.

2 Likes

To me, Halo should stand apart rather than being just another copycat, so I’d rather not have dances and emotes.

9 Likes

Could you contribute something else?

There will always be trolls looking to be funny. It is inevitable, whether or not there are emoticons. And to avoid spam, you can simply set a limit on how many times you can put an emoticon every x seconds or minutes.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Haaaha I automatically imagine a spartan dancing when he kills another spartan and gets shot with a skewer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I have never seen a middle finger in Halo, ever.

On a blog post they said there will be none unless Joe makes Master Chief dancing cannon. But I mean Master Chief doing a tpose and Never Going to Give you up that I have seen because I have the Master Chief skin and Never Going to Give you up is cool. Also Master Chief doing blinding lights is funny af tho. But emotes don’t need to be in halo. Arby playing the halo theme on a flute would be epic.

I don’t super agree with the idea that emotes would be unrealistic. MP is essentially a military wargames training simulation featuring highly trained soldiers. You’re telling me soldiers never show boat and do goofy stuff to rub it in the other squads face when they win?

That’s kind of what I was thinking. So maybe some hand gestures etc., but I’d rather them not do the orange justice etc.

Dances are silly IMO, but as someone else said, tactical gestures or even weapon poses could be appropriate.

1 Like

Emotes do not belong in halo, IMO.

6 Likes

I mean… We’ve kind of got our own set of community-defined emotes already without needing dances or any new system. We’ve got T-bagging as a way to brag (not condoning just pointing out), jump spamming/Ghandi hopping to say hello, melees for high-fives, etc. I’d rather Halo be innovative in places where it actually matters than requiring 343 to backtrack and invent a whole new system when their time could be spent making the game as polished as it can be on launch day and improving the game after that.
As for tactical emotes we already have a soft callout system provided in Infinite via the voices of our Spartans and personal AI (even if “over yonder!” isn’t that helpful :laughing:).

3 Likes

I would like for funny/meme stuff to be confined to armors and weapon skins. I don’t really want emotes. I just don’t think they’d fit Halo very well.

2 Likes

If you want Spartans dancing, along with Butlr, and other whimsical stuff, you can play Destiny 2

1 Like

If you teabag after getting kills, you are not against emotes.

2 Likes