I want a Competitive and balanced Halo.

A competitive and balanced Halo is all I want, all I ask, all I could hope for. There have been a lot of changes to Halo and you know what its great to see added features. The thing is the new features take away almost all the competitive and balanced aspects of Halo. This is the same reason Halo pro teams have and are still going to CoD. They are not the only ones doing this as there is also a good percent of the halo community leaving as well. This disterbs me and it should disturb everyone that loves this game.

I know its not 343i, MLG or even the players doing. Its Microsoft who makes all the calls. I think Microsoft is acting like they think there the right hand of God but stubbern and use their power and inflence to do what ever it takes to make a profit. With no insight to the future or what its doing to the franchise they continue to pretend they have all the answers. I think they are driving the game into the ground sucking every penny out of it and as soon as its almost dead they will sell out to the highest bidder. Only to grab a hold of the next best thing and repeat the process all over again.

I am not going to rant on about all the details because there are to many to list and they have been covered many times all over every forum I have seen. This is the way I see it and im the type of person to tell it how it is with no suger coating for the kids.

and all i want is halo 2 rereleased but 343 are 2 full of them selfs to do it

At the very least they should give us a few classic playlists without loadouts or any of that stuff. Just some classic slayer, FFA, and objective would make a lot of people happy.

Guys dont worry they will give us a classic playlist at release. Kappa

CoD is trash. CoD has BEEN trash since MW2.

Why don’t you play the game for what it is, and stop crying about it, Half Life 3 is going to blow everything else away anyway (when it finally comes out).

So, instead of crying about it, just play the game, hmm?

I would like…a shrubbery.

Also, you may have to accept reality. To keep the 10-15% of “competitive” players happy, you have to spend 75% of your time holding their hands and telling them what special little snowflakes they are. It’s not good business to focus so much energy on a fickle crowd who will just strip out much of what you just spent so long coding into the game.

I, for one, am happy to see -Yoink!- Gaming taking over tournaments. A more inclusive and less exclusive tournament scene.

I spent 2 hours listening to Ninja and Suddoth2 (and their parties) last night. I felt really bad for them, because many of them were reasonable people, discussing ways to incorporate what Halo 4 is, into the pro-scene, not cut everything out and force Halo 4 to become Halo 2. The “competitive” players on these forums don’t do those guys any favors with their constant complaining and stomping because they didn’t get their way.

> I would like…a shrubbery.
>
> Also, you may have to accept reality. To keep the 10-15% of “competitive” players

Half of Halo 3 players played ranked.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

God, whenever I read a thread like this, all I see is “I’m terrible at the game. Please make me OP somehow, so I can feel superior.”

L2p, scrub. Nobody is going to hold your hand.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

> God, whenever I read a thread like this, all I see is “I’m terrible at the game. Please make me OP somehow, so I can feel superior.”
>
> L2p, scrub. Nobody is going to hold your hand.

You- .9 K/D .95 W/L

Him- 1.6K/D 3.2 W/L

> > I would like…a shrubbery.
>
> Half of Halo 3 players played ranked.

Could I get a citation of your source please?
EVER played ranked, or OFTEN played ranked?

And a ranked playlist was the same as the standard, except 4v4 instead of 5v5. I have no issues with this.

I have issues with the hard core competitive scene, which is in deed closer to 10-15% making demands on what should be taken out of “their Halo”.

>

Halo Pros are going to CoD. Your saying they are bad at the game? I was a top 100 player by the way on HT before I got fed up with this game.

> > > I would like…a shrubbery.
> >
> > Half of Halo 3 players played ranked.
>
> Could I get a citation of your source please?
> EVER played ranked, or OFTEN played ranked?
>
> And a ranked playlist was the same as the standard, except 4v4 instead of 5v5. I have no issues with this.
>
> I have issues with the hard core competitive scene, which is in deed closer to 10-15% making demands on what should be taken out of “their Halo”.

At any point in time, out of all the players on Halo 3, half of them were playing ranked.

This is from my personal experience, which is extensive.

> > > I would like…a shrubbery.
> >
> > Half of Halo 3 players played ranked.
>
> Could I get a citation of your source please?
> EVER played ranked, or OFTEN played ranked?
>
> And a ranked playlist was the same as the standard, except 4v4 instead of 5v5. I have no issues with this.
>
> I have issues with the hard core competitive scene, which is in deed closer to 10-15% making demands on what should be taken out of “their Halo”.

It was more than half who played ranked in H3 on a daily base.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

> > > > I would like…a shrubbery.
> > >
> > > Half of Halo 3 players played ranked.
> >
> > Could I get a citation of your source please?
> > EVER played ranked, or OFTEN played ranked?
> >
> > And a ranked playlist was the same as the standard, except 4v4 instead of 5v5. I have no issues with this.
> >
> > I have issues with the hard core competitive scene, which is in deed closer to 10-15% making demands on what should be taken out of “their Halo”.
>
> At any point in time, out of all the players on Halo 3, half of them were playing ranked.
>
>
> This is from my personal experience, which is extensive.

Hahaha i like your name but it should be fu 343 fu

> I would like…a shrubbery.
>
> Also, you may have to accept reality. To keep the 10-15% of “competitive” players happy, you have to spend 75% of your time holding their hands and telling them what special little snowflakes they are. It’s not good business to focus so much energy on a fickle crowd who will just strip out much of what you just spent so long coding into the game.
>
> I, for one, am happy to see -Yoink!- Gaming taking over tournaments. A more inclusive and less exclusive tournament scene.
>
> I spent 2 hours listening to Ninja and Suddoth2 (and their parties) last night. I felt really bad for them, because many of them were reasonable people, discussing ways to incorporate what Halo 4 is, into the pro-scene, not cut everything out and force Halo 4 to become Halo 2. The “competitive” players on these forums don’t do those guys any favors with their constant complaining and stomping because they didn’t get their way.

Why do people even try like this. Make up a bunch of fake stats with no bearing and calls it reality. Who is complaining and stomping? take a step back and read your own post.

> At the very least they should give us a few classic playlists without loadouts or any of that stuff. Just some classic slayer, FFA, and objective would make a lot of people happy.

At the very least.

> > At the very least they should give us a few classic playlists without loadouts or any of that stuff. Just some classic slayer, FFA, and objective would make a lot of people happy.
>
> At the very least.

I think it should be 50/50 competitive/casual when it comes to playlists.

Sadly 343 feels they don’t need to change anything with this game. It was perfect at launch in their eyes

I’m pretty sure Microsoft did not design this game. They gave 343 a huge budget and said make a game. 343 chose all design aspects of it. Not Microsoft. So to blame Microsoft is ridiculous.

> Sadly 343 feels they don’t need to change anything with this game. It was perfect at launch in their eyes

Uhh what?

> 1. What is happening to Halo 4 right now?
>
> Lots of things. We’re continually working to tweak and implement playlist changes. Working on a TU, and more.
>
> From the Bulletin
> "We’ll talk more about that when the time gets closer – and that goes for Double Team, Grifball, the addition of more small maps into Matchmaking and the other things we have planned for early 2013 as well. "
>
> “File Share
> Search for in-game File Share is still offline. Custom searches (by tag, most recommended, and most downloaded) are not enabled and will return “no files found”. We utilized something new for this particular Halo 4 feature, and it’s taking us longer than we initially anticipated getting it to a fully functional state. We recognize this is not an optimal situation, and we’ll continue working on it until it reaches shipping quality. In the meantime, here are the different actions you can take in your in-game Halo 4 File Share:
>
> Upload files
> Download files
> Add to File Share
> Remove from File Share
> View someone else’s File Share (by Gamertag)
> Tag Files
> Recommend Files
> Receive File recommendations
>
>
>
> This issue also affects web availability of the Halo 4 File Share. We expect both Search and web access to come online in early 2013, and we’ll provide another update in January. Again, we apologize for the delay, and we know this is painful for many of you. We’ll be brainstorming ways to celebrate both features’ release (contests, activities, etc.), so let us know via our forums if you have any ideas in that regard.”
>
> 2. Are you guys listening to us?
>
> Absolutely.