I wanna know why?

People been asking for a terrain editor in halo sense Halo 3 & still none, just more forge. It’d be simple to include trees & dirt mounds, & etc, but no, just rocks, & only 50 of THEM? Seriously…+ They don’t look all that aesthetic IMO, but on a note of

WHY?

U say your listening, Your doing things for us, which I appreciate, but what about the forgers? Seriously, We done all our thinking in Halo Reach & Halo 3 ODST, now its your turn.

Don’t keep saying, “We are listening, please be patient” “We are aware & fixing it” Seriously, I know its hard to rush, but all u had to do was copy reach, tweak it, add terrain editor, but nooo, you Just keep updating MM Playlists and Spartan Ops, seriously, why should we continue to wait when we have been waiting for years now?

I know this is a new company, but we all had our opinions stated about a terrain editor for Halo 4 sense combat evolved & a year later, we get halo 4 without it? U guys been working on this game for 4 years?

If this is seems like me hating, I’m not, just a little grumpy as everywhere I go people claim its impossible when Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he invented it, but he was ridiculed and laughed and was told the impossible, but was it, look above you in a room & there is your answer, unless you live under a rock, or outside, then I feel sorry for you…

Seriously, Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it, and I know a terrain editor ain’t impossible, so why they leave it out? Seriously, you were rushed by having 4 years? If I knew everything about games & consoles, I’d build my own within 2 years…

Seriously, please at least tell me more then 3 new maps will be arriving February…Please…

What about u all, Do u wanna know why they did not add the terrain editor? Its not complicated, take forge & duplicate it, but change all the stuff to scenery, not hard. Make it so its no limited either, well, like Ocean Small, Medium, Big = $200 & you get 50 individual, not all grouped. U could 150 grouped if that suits you.

What about u all, Do u wanna know why they did not add the terrain editor? Don’t say its impossible as that is a flat down lie & u know it…

(It’s much more likely that Nikola Tesla invented the technology to create the lightbulb and Edison stole the idea. He was kind of a jerk.)

Anyway, I’m okay with there not being a terrain editor, as long as the rest of the game is all the more polished for it. And it looks like 343 is working on improving the game nonstop, so I’m comfortable being patient.

First off, you used the word “seriously” like ten times throughout your post.

Second, Halo 4 is a console game. I don’t know of any other console games that have a terrain editor.

It’s a pretty ridiculous thing to demand of 343I when no one else has done it.

Also Thomas Edison is a -Yoink-. Nikola Tesla is the one who deserves the credit.

> (It’s much more likely that Nikola Tesla invented the technology to create the lightbulb and Edison stole the idea. He was kind of a jerk.)
>
> (Either way, they were both famous for inventing & I still get the point across.
>
>
> Anyway, I’m okay with there not being a terrain editor, as long as the rest of the game is all the more polished for it. And it looks like 343 is working on improving the game nonstop, so I’m comfortable being patient.

Wouldn’t u want more environments, landscape created by community with un-imaginable beauty & play on them instead of 3 343i people using their brains 24/7 to think of good maps & some of them not turning out good, I’m certain u’d agree when I say adrift. But also I’m not saying they are poorly made, its game-play what hurts it the most… But imagine the beauty within people…

But anyhow, I do agree they should update more stuff, like add classic slayer playlist, & Reach Slayer, & etc…

> First off, you used the word “seriously” like ten times throughout your post.
>
> Second, Halo 4 is a console game. I don’t know of any other console games that have a terrain editor.
>
> It’s a pretty ridiculous thing to demand of 343I when no one else has done it.
>
> Also Thomas Edison is a -Yoink!-. Nikola Tesla is the one who deserves the credit.

Stop caring about the reference, like I said, either way they were both famous & was told they couldn’t do it when they both did…

>
> Second, Halo 4 is a console game. I don’t know of any other console games that have a terrain editor.
>
> It’s a pretty ridiculous thing to demand of 343I when no one else has done it.
>
> Also Thomas Edison is a -Yoink!-. Nikola Tesla is the one who deserves the credit.

On consoles to, so that is illogical statement there bub. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P35b0erw7WI

>
>
>

Far Cry, I’m 99% sure, has what would be considered a “terrain editor”.

And I agree about Edison and Tesla. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, Ubisoft Montreal has made a terrain editor with Far Cry 3. Even so, I’d rather have polished content than new features with which 343 has no experience making.

>
>
>

Maybe if you played an FPS besides Halo you would know the last several Far Cry games have had a full terrain and map maker.

Fix Forge’s current state before asking for more.

Ok now that four different people have told that guy about Far Cry (hehe), let’s get back on topic. I see no reason to include a terrain editor. That’s pretty much my opinion.

> Maybe if you played an FPS besides Halo you would know the last several Far Cry games have had a full terrain and map maker.

Well I am simply not a Farcry fan. I heard it had a terrain editor but I had no idea it had one on the xbox version of the game.

> Even so, I’d rather have polished content than new features with which 343 has no experience making.

^

You think they can ADD a terrain editor to the game…

Facefloor

That’s just not possible, to add a Far Cry-styled terrain editing system through an update or patch. They would have to rework the entire way Forge works, as well as re-doing the way maps are saved in Halo. I’d hold out hope for Halo 5 if you want terrain editing so bad, because it won’t happen in Halo 4.

> > Maybe if you played an FPS besides Halo you would know the last several Far Cry games have had a full terrain and map maker.
>
> Well I am simply not a Farcry fan. I heard it had a terrain editor but I had no idea it had one on the xbox version of the game.
>
>
>
> > Even so, I’d rather have polished content than new features with which 343 has no experience making.
>
> ^

Same here i ddint know it had it until the day before i bought the game. I would love a terrain editor and more options and stuff for changeing peices also more peices and moveable peices like maybe a raising bridge and an elivator and doors with buttons we have loads of them from spartan ops :smiley:

Well, the way I see it, it would be a terrible idea for them to include a terrain editor in Halo games from a business point of view. Think about it, would map packs ever sell if people could create their own maps? Or what if they would go and re-create map packs using the terrain editor?

While it would be fun, it would never happen, sorry.