I used to htate H4 so much....

I used to hate H4 so much, as my previous posts indicate. Now, it’s hilarious because I never pictured myself posting something like this, but I actually really like H4 now. The only 3 issues that remain for me are no de-scope, JIP, and CSR not being entirely win based and displayed in game. Other than that, there are no gameplay flaws that bother me anymore. 343i, I seriously doubted you, but you guys have been doing a great job making adjustments and improvements to this game. Keep it up, and please consider putting CSR in-game (checking Waypoint and HTR gets quite tedious after a while).

My main problem is that people can so easily run away when their shields are down. Halo 4 can be fun with a lot of people, but I haven’t played it nearly as much as previous Halos.

I really despise some of the armour abilities like jetpack and camo still and personal ordnance, but a lot of the issues with the MP have been fixed for me.

I definitely spelled hate wrong in the topic title lawlz.

Jip has been getting to me lately with my Solo-games. On the topic of no de-scope, I kind of have a love-hate with it depending on the range of which we’re shooting.
Everyone has a different opinions and likes/dislikes though.

I think we all htate something once in a while

I hate the simple fact that the lag was and still is horrendous.With no regional filter it was made 10x worse once the population started dropping.Only a 0.25 time delay or lower is acceptable in a online FPS game.Anything more and it becomes aggravating, because you end up fighting the lag more than your opponent.

That is my primary gripe, secondary was the lack of a classic Halo playlist at launch.Which they still have not made yet.Though i stopped playing since January, i am on these forums constantly.So i know what has been going on.For those that don’t understand what a classic Halo is, go play Halo 1-3.There a ton of other problems but those two stand above all the rest for me.

Halo 5 won’t have lag problems and i highly doubt they’ll screw up with launching without classic Halo again.That would be suicidal for them.If they do that i will play Halo 5 multiplayer for more than 100 games.

> I hate the simple fact that the lag was and still is horrendous.With no regional filter it was made 10x worse once the population started dropping.Only a 0.25 time delay or lower is acceptable in a online FPS game.Anything more and it becomes aggravating, because you end up fighting the lag more than your opponent.
>
> That is my primary gripe, secondary was the lack of a classic Halo playlist at launch.Which they still have not made yet.Though i stopped playing since January, i am on these forums constantly.So i know what has been going on.For those that don’t understand what a classic Halo is, go play Halo 1-3.There a ton of other problems but those two stand above all the rest for me.
>
> Halo 5 won’t have lag problems and i highly doubt they’ll screw up with launching without classic Halo again.That would be suicidal for them.If they do that i will play Halo 5 multiplayer for more than 100 games.

They have a legendary slayer playlist which is almost entirely classic (BR classic fans aren’t happy though) the lag isn’t bad for me but I understand that not everyone can have top of the range internet.

The main problems I have is:

Boltshot as a loadout weapon

Not enough map variety

Not enough vehicle variety

My 3 biggest ones IMO

> The main problems I have is:
>
> Boltshot as a loadout weapon
>
> Not enough map variety
>
> Not enough vehicle variety
>
> My 3 biggest ones IMO

True the game needs more variety instead of forruner structure for nearly every map

OT: do you like my new colour Ig?

> > I hate the simple fact that the lag was and still is horrendous.With no regional filter it was made 10x worse once the population started dropping.Only a 0.25 time delay or lower is acceptable in a online FPS game.Anything more and it becomes aggravating, because you end up fighting the lag more than your opponent.
> >
> > That is my primary gripe, secondary was the lack of a classic Halo playlist at launch.Which they still have not made yet.Though i stopped playing since January, i am on these forums constantly.So i know what has been going on.For those that don’t understand what a classic Halo is, go play Halo 1-3.There a ton of other problems but those two stand above all the rest for me.
> >
> > Halo 5 won’t have lag problems and i highly doubt they’ll screw up with launching without classic Halo again.That would be suicidal for them.If they do that i will play Halo 5 multiplayer for more than 100 games.
>
> They have a legendary slayer playlist which is almost entirely classic (BR classic fans aren’t happy though) the lag isn’t bad for me but I understand that not everyone can have top of the range internet.

Let me clarify “classic”.

No flinch and descope instead.
NO sprint.
No PoD in any way shape or form is acceptable.
No AA’s.
Weapons have static spawns.
Original maps from Halo 1-3.
Original core/sandbox mechanics.
Powerups such as AC and OS spawn on map.

That’s the gist of it.Though play Halo 1 multiplayer, can’t get more classic than that.Which is what i want.It’s not nostalgia, it is what i liked.Simple,balanced,and structured gameplay.You know, arena FPS gameplay.

My internet is irrelevant, had a open NAT and not wireless.It’s Halo 4 only that i experienced the kind of lag i experienced in any online game.Where your actions literally have delay time.That is unacceptable to me.The amount of data needed to transfer is quite low.I am sure a 40mb connection is enough.Yet still experienced lag times up to 1.5 which was due to…wait for it.NO REGIONAL FILTER.I do not want to have a host across the bloody planet.I want a host in the same state or region.I live in florida US.

> > > I hate the simple fact that the lag was and still is horrendous.With no regional filter it was made 10x worse once the population started dropping.Only a 0.25 time delay or lower is acceptable in a online FPS game.Anything more and it becomes aggravating, because you end up fighting the lag more than your opponent.
> > >
> > > That is my primary gripe, secondary was the lack of a classic Halo playlist at launch.Which they still have not made yet.Though i stopped playing since January, i am on these forums constantly.So i know what has been going on.For those that don’t understand what a classic Halo is, go play Halo 1-3.There a ton of other problems but those two stand above all the rest for me.
> > >
> > > Halo 5 won’t have lag problems and i highly doubt they’ll screw up with launching without classic Halo again.That would be suicidal for them.If they do that i will play Halo 5 multiplayer for more than 100 games.
> >
> > They have a legendary slayer playlist which is almost entirely classic (BR classic fans aren’t happy though) the lag isn’t bad for me but I understand that not everyone can have top of the range internet.
>
>
>
> Let me clarify “classic”.
>
> No flinch and descope instead.
> NO sprint.
> No PoD in any way shape or form is acceptable.
> No AA’s.
> Weapons have static spawns.
> Original maps from Halo 1-3.
> Original core/sandbox mechanics.
> Powerups such as AC and OS spawn on map.
>
> That’s the gist of it.Though play Halo 1 multiplayer, can’t get more classic than that.Which is what i want.It’s not nostalgia, it is what i liked.Simple,balanced,and structured gameplay.You know, arena FPS gameplay.
>
> My internet is irrelevant, had a open NAT and not wireless.It’s Halo 4 only that i experienced the kind of lag i experienced in any online game.Where your actions literally have delay time.That is unacceptable to me.The amount of data needed to transfer is quite low.I am sure a 40mb connection is enough.Yet still experienced lag times up to 1.5 which was due to…wait for it.NO REGIONAL FILTER.I do not want to have a host across the bloody planet.I want a host in the same state or region.I live in florida US.

There is no PoD, no AA, static spawns they other stuff (except for power ups) is impossible to do without re-releasing the game. Plus I never said it WAS classic I said it was CLOSE to classic. Have you even played it? And I was only being helpful there’s no need to say stuff which I answered in my earlier post.

Also open NAT only affects who you can connect to not the strength of the connection so thats irrelevant. Plus the other player may be the one with the bad Internet connection since halo is player to player connected not server based so having a good Internet only i improves the chances of no lag.

The no-descopping when shot is a bit annoying when dealing with snipers. Personally I think that feature should only have been included in the campaign and not in matchmaking.
One upside to it though is your buddies can’t troll and unscope you with a plasma pistol while you’re using the sniper rifle. One downside is you can’t do the same to enemy snipers ^^

I’ve grown to accept most of the things that annoyed me (Plasma Pistols for everyone!), with a few exceptions. Mongoose Destroyer, I’m talking about you!

> > > >

Sorry, wasn’t trying to come off as arrogant or however you took it.Was only attempting to strengthen my position on the matter involving the comparison of legendary to classic and issue with lag in itself.

As i had stated i quit in January, meaning i do not have Halo 4 anymore.I will also not rebuy Halo 4 for one playlist that is “close” to classic.Close is simply not enough.Yes i am a hard person to please.I also believe some have stated that the code/script exists in the game to enable no sprint and descope.Can’t remember which post/thread though so cannot provide a link, so my apologies in advance.

I only mentioned things that are in legendary like how i want to give a semi-full rundown of what i expect in a classic Halo playlist.I was not looking down on 343’s attempt to please the classic Halo fans.They did a relatively good job with that.They still have not given a classic.As i said above “close is not enough”.That’s like me asking for a cookie and them giving me a cookie crumb, it is not enough.

The primary cause of the lag i refer to was no regional filter which caused me to connect with players that i am not compatible with just due to my position on the planet.Nothing can help that while Halo 4 uses the inferior P2P host system.Halo 5 will be using full dedicated servers, which is why i mentioned lag will not be an issue in Halo 5.That is out of the way.

The only thing that remains is the gameplay which is what i am primarily concerned about.I still care for the Halo franchise, but nothing will encourage me to rebuy Halo 4.It is simply too broken in my eyes to be fixed.A TU or many TU cannot fix what i dislike about Halo 4.As you have said they would literally have to re-develop the entire game from the ground up to satisfy people like me.

I am one of those people that will not accept a lag time higher than 0.25 in a online FPS game.It is simply the kind of player i am.Which is the primary reason i could not stand the multiplayer in Halo 4.As most games i was afflicted by lag times of 0.50 and higher.Out of the 100 i played i can only recall a dozen that were wonderful in regards to connection.A few laggy games out of a 100 are acceptable in a AAA console exclusive FPS game.not 90 out of 100.May sound like exaggeration but that is what i truly experienced.

> > > > >
>
> Sorry, wasn’t trying to come off as arrogant or however you took it.Was only attempting to strengthen my position on the matter involving the comparison of legendary to classic and issue with lag in itself.
>
> As i had stated i quit in January, meaning i do not have Halo 4 anymore.I will also not rebuy Halo 4 for one playlist that is “close” to classic.Close is simply not enough.Yes i am a hard person to please.I also believe some have stated that the code/script exists in the game to enable no sprint and descope.Can’t remember which post/thread though so cannot provide a link, so my apologies in advance.
>
> I only mentioned things that are in legendary like how i want to give a semi-full rundown of what i expect in a classic Halo playlist.I was not looking down on 343’s attempt to please the classic Halo fans.They did a relatively good job with that.They still have not given a classic.As i said above “close is not enough”.That’s like me asking for a cookie and them giving me a cookie crumb, it is not enough.
>
> The primary cause of the lag i refer to was no regional filter which caused me to connect with players that i am not compatible with just due to my position on the planet.Nothing can help that while Halo 4 uses the inferior P2P host system.Halo 5 will be using full dedicated servers, which is why i mentioned lag will not be an issue in Halo 5.That is out of the way.
>
> The only thing that remains is the gameplay which is what i am primarily concerned about.I still care for the Halo franchise, but nothing will encourage me to rebuy Halo 4.It is simply too broken in my eyes to be fixed.A TU or many TU cannot fix what i dislike about Halo 4.As you have said they would literally have to re-develop the entire game from the ground up to satisfy people like me.
>
> I am one of those people that will not accept a lag time higher than 0.25 in a online FPS game.It is simply the kind of player i am.Which is the primary reason i could not stand the multiplayer in Halo 4.As most games i was afflicted by lag times of 0.50 and higher.Out of the 100 i played i can only recall a dozen that were wonderful in regards to connection.A few laggy games out of a 100 are acceptable in a AAA console exclusive FPS game.not 90 out of 100.May sound like exaggeration but that is what i truly experienced.

It’s ok. i understand but it is enjoyable hopefully it will continue through out the game as a link between classic and infinity.

> > I hate the simple fact that the lag was and still is horrendous.With no regional filter it was made 10x worse once the population started dropping.Only a 0.25 time delay or lower is acceptable in a online FPS game.Anything more and it becomes aggravating, because you end up fighting the lag more than your opponent.
> >
> > That is my primary gripe, secondary was the lack of a classic Halo playlist at launch.Which they still have not made yet.Though i stopped playing since January, i am on these forums constantly.So i know what has been going on.For those that don’t understand what a classic Halo is, go play Halo 1-3.There a ton of other problems but those two stand above all the rest for me.
> >
> > Halo 5 won’t have lag problems and i highly doubt they’ll screw up with launching without classic Halo again.That would be suicidal for them.If they do that i will play Halo 5 multiplayer for more than 100 games.
>
> They have a legendary slayer playlist which is almost entirely classic (<mark>BR classic fans aren’t happy though</mark>) the lag isn’t bad for me but I understand that not everyone can have top of the range internet.

Well that’s because they don’t know how to adapt with the weapon they are already holding and feel that having what they want from the start is better than fighting over it on the map… and they say infinity slayer is too lenient…

Welcome to halo 4, enjoy your stay. lol :smiley:

I know they’ve fixed a lot, the only thing I wish they could fix is add a descoping effect for sprinting so when you get shot you stop sprinting.
It would help a lot. :slight_smile:

> Welcome to halo 4, enjoy your stay. lol :smiley:
>
> I know they’ve fixed a lot, the only thing I wish they could fix is add a descoping effect for sprinting so when you get shot you stop sprinting.
> It would help a lot. :slight_smile:

They unfortunately cant add that in (with ease anyway) since it would require a lot of coding which is difficult enough then you have to get rid of the flinch coding.