I Trust 343i

Okay so I’m pretty fed up of people bashing on 343i because they think they are “Breaking the game” I for one have no doubts with halo 4, I think since there are ex-Bungie members in 343 now if they think it feels like halo then it feels like halo, even if it didn’t feel like halo would we really be halo fans if we just left the franchise even if it was good, no. What do you Guys think?

-XvSilentFirevX

time will tell.

Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…

There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.

Anyone here will probably, if not fall in love with Halo 4, at least find it entertaining no matter what happens.

even if there were 0 bungie members on the team i would still be happy about the performance of 343. I believe they take the game seriously and have a lot of passion just as bungie did. In one of the previous sparkasts david ellis said they knew there would be outrage over certain things and that the fans have to be patient until things are clarified so its not like 343 is ignorant.

> Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…
>
> There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.

Yes but Frankie (Practically the lead of halo 4), worked for Bungie and knows how unique halo feels so sorry for the excuse but its true.

-XvSilentFirevX

I trusted them too, but then I saw GameInformer.

Still going to hold out for a decent campaign though.

> even if there were 0 bungie members on the team i would still be happy about the performance of 343. I believe they take the game seriously and have a lot of passion just as bungie did. In one of the previous sparkasts david ellis said they knew there would be outrage over certain things and that the fans have to be patient until things are clarified so its not like 343 is ignorant.

Yes I agree, im just a bit annoyed that everyone keeps doubting them

-XvSilentFirevX

> > Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…
> >
> > There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.
>
> Yes but Frankie (Practically the lead of halo 4), worked for Bungie and knows how unique halo feels so sorry for the excuse but its true.
>
> -XvSilentFirevX

Considering how much of the core gameplay is being changed, I don’t think Frankie knows that anymore.

> > > Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…
> > >
> > > There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.
> >
> > Yes but Frankie (Practically the lead of halo 4), worked for Bungie and knows how unique halo feels so sorry for the excuse but its true.
> >
> > -XvSilentFirevX
>
> Considering how much of the core gameplay is being changed, I don’t think Frankie knows that anymore.

If you don’t like the changes then feel free to play the classic playlists that they will have setup on release.

> I trusted them too, but then I saw GameInformer.
>
> Still going to hold out for a decent campaign though.

gameinformer made me a little worried but from the people who have played the game at the new york thing and have reviewed it said that it felt like halo so i will remain optimistic

Trust. Good luck with that. I believe based on what I’ve seen and heard that this game will be better than Reach but not as good as Halo 3. Why should I trust 343i exactly? There’s a few Bungie employees in this company and based on Reach I lost a lot of trust in Bungie as a company anyway (even though some of these employees were not involved in developing Halo: Reach). I hope that 343i will surprise me with a game the equivalence of Halo 3 in terms of quality but at this time… I’m justifiably sceptical.

it just annoys me that fans of any game tend to think they know more then the devs do and that they could make a better game

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > > > Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…
> > > >
> > > > There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.
> > >
> > > Yes but Frankie (Practically the lead of halo 4), worked for Bungie and knows how unique halo feels so sorry for the excuse but its true.
> > >
> > > -XvSilentFirevX
> >
> > Considering how much of the core gameplay is being changed, I don’t think Frankie knows that anymore.
>
> If you don’t like the changes then feel free to play the classic playlists that they will have setup on release.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Since they decided to use p2p over the superior dedicated servers, one might say are necessary for great matchmaking, clan and tournament as well as custom games support, I see more Bungie then I see 343i. Hence I do not trust in 343i, if they can’t even add such a simple but yet necessary feature to make MP the best it can be, it shows that they think Halo deserves to be nothing else then a random p2p CoD challenger where host maters more then skill. Not a competitive multiplayer game for everyone.

> Trust. Good luck with that. I believe based on what I’ve seen and heard that this game will be better than Reach but not as good as Halo 3. Why should I trust 343i exactly? There’s a few Bungie employees in this company and based on Reach I lost a lot of trust in Bungie as a company anyway (even though some of these employees were not involved in developing Halo: Reach). I hope that 343i will surprise me with a game the equivalence of Halo 3 in terms of quality but at this time… I’m justifiably sceptical.

its interesting that halo 3 is the gold standard now considering back when it was released many people said that halo 2 was much better. But i guess this is a cycle when it comes with sequals to games people will always say that the previous titles were better.

> > > > > Oh look, the “there are ex Bungie employee’s at 343, Halo is fine” excuse again…
> > > > >
> > > > > There are 4 ex Bungie employee’s at most, and half of them are artists.
> > > >
> > > > Yes but Frankie (Practically the lead of halo 4), worked for Bungie and knows how unique halo feels so sorry for the excuse but its true.
> > > >
> > > > -XvSilentFirevX
> > >
> > > Considering how much of the core gameplay is being changed, I don’t think Frankie knows that anymore.
> >
> > If you don’t like the changes then feel free to play the classic playlists that they will have setup on release.
>
> Thank you Captain Obvious.

that should be new character in halo 4

> Since they decided to use p2p over the superior dedicated servers, one might say are necessary for great matchmaking, clan and tournament as well as custom games support, I see more Bungie then I see 343i. Hence I do not trust in 343i, if they can’t even add such a simple but yet necessary feature to make MP the best it can be, it shows that they think Halo deserves to be nothing else then a random p2p CoD challenger where host maters more then skill. Not a competitive multiplayer game for everyone.

Dedicated servers don’t solve every problem.

Good host selection + silky smooth netcode >>>>>>>>> dedicated servers

I never played Halo 2 online. If you think this nullifies my opinion so be it but I know personally I enjoyed Halo 3 a lot more than Reach based on the quality of the game alone. I actually have just started playing Reach again and it’s enjoyable enough (I guess) but Halo 3 was simply a more enjoyable game for me. It has nothing to do with any “cycle”. If Halo 4 is better than Halo 3 I will gladly, GLADLY! (nay joyfully) admit it but I know I will never, ever see Halo: Reach as better than Halo 3 unless I have a massive brain aneurysm. Nostalgia can suck a nut for all I care, it’s never affected me like it affects some other people.

Sorry, double post, forgot to quote. Delete in necessary.

> I never played Halo 2 online. If you think this nullifies my opinion so be it but I know personally I enjoyed Halo 3 a lot more than Reach based on the quality of the game alone. I actually have just started playing Reach again and it’s enjoyable enough (I guess) but Halo 3 was simply a more enjoyable game for me. It has nothing to do with any “cycle”. If Halo 4 is better than Halo 3 I will gladly, GLADLY! (nay joyfully) admit it but I know I will never, ever see Halo: Reach as better than Halo 3 unless I have a massive brain aneurysm. Nostalgia can suck a nut for all I care, it’s never affected me like it affects some other people.

I didnt think reach was a bad game in general it was just bad relative to halo 3. But yes i do agree halo 3 was great and i wasnt trying to nullify your opinion sorry