I tried to like halo 5, 343.

First off, let me start by thanking 343 for ruining one of the best console shooters, ever. Halo once was the in thing everyone’s been talking about and c@ll of doody even pales in comparison in regards to multiplayer. Now, it’s just a piece of trashware that struggles in sales even against a remaster of the rival platform. Nobody gives a rat’s arsh about halo now. Which is such a shame to be honest.
I have tried my utmost best to love halo 5, as I did previous halos, 343. I really did.
The countless slanders and mocks of halo 5 I saw on youtube comments.
The reviews that overhyped halo 5 even though most notable reviewers haven’t even actually delve more than 2 hours into the game’s multiplayer. cough IGN cough
The disappointments from people who actually purchased the game and played it more than a day and never returned for a second round after.
The countless amounts of halo fans turned haters ranting about halo 5 on their youtube videos telling people to stay away from this game.
The mocking of xbox one as a weaker console even though the point was an exclusive(halo 5).
I’ve endured it, I’ve endured it all.
I know the last point was irrelevant, and that you just have to enjoy whichever console you’ve purchased and gamed on. But looking at how little enjoyment I got from the best console exclusive on the xbox platform, I am utterly disappointed.
Back then, I was unable to afford my own xbox. But Thank God Halo 1 and 2 were on PC. And you can’t imagine how much fun I’ve had then. Picking and joining custom lobbies, there was no rank or matchmaking back then. There was even no need for dedicated servers, people just played it for the fun. Stats are not tracked so people don’t have to go to your profile seeing your horrible kda making you feel like a loser. It was the most fun I’ve ever had gaming.
Sadly, 3, ODST, Reach and 4 never made it to PC. I was an avid fan of Master Chief, and still am to this very day. But then, I was also a Pea Ace fanboy and never thought of wanting to buy an xbox with the idea that most of its exclusives end up on PC sooner or later.
And after 10 years, waiting for halo 3 to get on PC, I’ve endured enough. So I got the XBO JUST for Halo 5, YES! You couldn’t imagine how big of a halo fan I was till this very day. I even pre-ordered halo 5 and if I had the money I would have definitely got the deluxe edition. Luckily, I didn’t.
I’ve played a considerable amount of matchmaking, and have never played any first person shooters on a console before in my life. But my Gosh is halo 5’s aiming horrible. I know they’re gearing the game towards e-sports and all. But I don’t find myself having such a difficult time aiming on previous halo games in the MCC and even c@ll of duty/d3stiny’s aiming is waaaay easier compared to the aiming system in this game and they also end up competitive as well! Even with the elite controller it’s difficult. Yes! I got the elite controller as well, just for this game! Imagine the disappointment I got when I came to the realization that this game is trash!
I bought this game for Master Chief and I got like 3 mission tops playing as him! If I wanted to play as Locke, 343 could’ve just release a Halo: HuntTheTruth or some other spin-off like reach because Halo isn’t Halo without the chief!
But still, I constantly convinced myself that multiplayer might be better and I could never have been more wrong.
The matchmaking is absolutely dogpewp. You almost always get teamed up with calibrating, non-ranked or ideeyots who have no clue what they’re doing or against an enemy team with a party or play like they’re 2 or 3 ranks above you. It’s so unfair, the game has turned too competitive in every aspect.
I know you might be saying some sheet like #gitgud or play more to improve but therein lies the problem. How can you get good when you don’t even find the game fun to begin with? The slope to become more skilled is too steep in this game, it’s either you make it or you don’t and being stuck in the middle is the worst. It’s like elo hell in Dota 2 and you have to pray to god that you get a decent team so you can carry yourself out of the losses.
As I am typing, I have been banned from Arena and warzone for a day. And I am proud to admit it. I keep leaving games because the matchmaking system keeps pairing me with clueless people against mlg 4 man syncronous swimmer-like shooter team communicating with mics and stuff. It’s absolutely pointless to stay in the game, after the score is 23/45. And it’s not once or twice, sometimes it’ll be like 10 matches in a row, it’s not even funny. You are indirectly forced to join a spartan company or pair up with others in a party to have a slightly better chance of winning, which I have not done till this very day because where is all the fun in that? Why not pair up the weaker ones with other weaker ones against other weaker ones so if they finally have an idea of what to do they’ll get paired with others who knows what to do against others who knows what they’re doing as well?
I really have no clue what 343 is thinking.
Also, in which part of the campaign, did I actually #huntthetruth? In which part of the campaign, did I actually supress the betrayer? In which part of the campaign was there an epic final mission? Did I bought the wrong version of the game? Was what I bought just a demo? I have absolutely no idea.
I really liked the free DLC, albeit being forge created maps. The improved graphics. The introduction of new enemies into the storyline as well as weapons. But at the end of the day, those are not the important components that make up a game when the very essence of it, the core, is absolutely horrendous. Anyone who read this wall of text can have a differing point of view but ask yourself truthfully. Did halo 5 really lived up to its predecessors? Would halo be better if it ended at 3?
TLDR: stay away from this game if you haven’t bought it, unless you REALLY want to experience the campaign story first-hand, but prepare for a massive disappointment heading your way when you start multiplayer.

And to 343,
You could’ve implemented custom match matchmaking/server list for people who just want to play for fun, but you didn’t
You could’ve added social playlists/more fun modes that don’t count into gamestats, so people could ACTUALLY improve their aiming there, but you didn’t
You could’ve implemented more user friendly controls to slowly get new players acquainted to it before they rise to the top, but you didn’t
You could’ve implemented forge WHEN halo 5 released, before the bad reviews started rolling in, but you didn’t.
You could’ve gave Master Chief more spot-light time, but you didn’t
You could’ve produced a perfect shooter with just some easily implemented tweaks and gameplay optimizations, but you didn’t
I will not pre-order your next halo and will never buy it if it’s the same as this pile of junk.
And you will never get my money if it’s as sheety and release on the new xbox.
If you’ve threaded the same path as me up to the point of deciding whether to buy a console JUST for halo 5.
Do not, I repeat, do not waste a single dime on this axe curr ment of a game.

I agree that there are a lot of problems with Halo 5, but it had great potential. I love the new gameplay style, but too much is missing, as in gametypes and what not. But as for bad teams you cant really blame 343 for that…get some of your own friends and communicate. They pair you with randoms when your alone and who knows if they or someone else is playing on their account (could be solved with social playlists) or they might have gotten lucky by being carried towards victory so they think they have the same skill as you

> 2533274871914584;2:
> They pair you with randoms when your alone and who knows if they or someone else is playing on their account (could be solved with social playlists) or they might have gotten lucky by being carried towards victory so they think they have the same skill as you

then again your top csr is unranked so you cant expect much…

I regret reading all of this.

> > 2533274871914584;3:
> > > 2533274871914584;2:
> > > They pair you with randoms when your alone and who knows if they or someone else is playing on their account (could be solved with social playlists) or they might have gotten lucky by being carried towards victory so they think they have the same skill as you
> >
> >
> > then again your top csr is unranked so you cant expect much…
>
> Reason why im still unraked is because I’m not yet confident with my skills. So I spend most of the time playing warzone and occasional slayer. But even then I find no chance to actually train my aim without getting completely obliterated because it’s either because enemy controlled the power weapons, it’s 3 vs 1 even if I didn’t rush and played strategically because my allies were all dead or I’m the only one who pursued the objectives in warzone. I would definitely play or party up with someone else, but xbox isn’t popular where i’m from, which comes with the halo unpopularity. And I have no idea where to actually find someone to party up with since 343i is totally against socializing with other players in-game. (No social playlist/custom game MM/servers)

Yeah, Halo5 has put me in a place in no longer anticipating the next Halo. I have now gone back to Reach and MCC.

> 2533274857884337;6:
> .
>
> Yeah, Halo5 has put me in a place in no longer anticipating the next Halo. I have now gone back to Reach and MCC.

I saw some multiplayer gameplays of reach on youtube and since it’s backwards compatible on XBO I might consider getting it. Otherwise, guess I’ll head back to MCC multiplayer.

Ok? You don’t like the game. What makes you think other people want to read about how much you hate this game?

> 2533274818521550;4:
> I regret reading all of this.

I couldn’t read all of it, it was pointless

mandatory sympathetic post man sorry you feel this way really i am. Plenty of other games out there tho. You’ll def find a new franchise to call your own soon.

> 2533274806195358;8:
> Ok? You don’t like the game. What makes you think other people want to read about how much you hate this game?
>
>
> > 2533274818521550;4:
> > I regret reading all of this.
>
>
> I couldn’t read all of it, it was pointless

You don’t have to read it, I just wanted to let off some steam. Hopefully someone higher-up in 343i reads this. But at this point I couldn’t care less.

> 2535460114617598;5:
> > > 2533274871914584;3:
> > > > 2533274871914584;2:
> > > > They pair you with randoms when your alone and who knows if they or someone else is playing on their account (could be solved with social playlists) or they might have gotten lucky by being carried towards victory so they think they have the same skill as you
> > >
> > >
> > > then again your top csr is unranked so you cant expect much…
> >
> >
> > Reason why im still unraked is because I’m not yet confident with my skills. So I spend most of the time playing warzone and occasional slayer. But even then I find no chance to actually train my aim without getting completely obliterated because it’s either because enemy controlled the power weapons, it’s 3 vs 1 even if I didn’t rush and played strategically because my allies were all dead or I’m the only one who pursued the objectives in warzone. I would definitely play or party up with someone else, but xbox isn’t popular where i’m from, which comes with the halo unpopularity. And I have no idea where to actually find someone to party up with since 343i is totally against socializing with other players in-game. (No social playlist/custom game MM/servers)

just play until you are ranked, then youll get put with other people like you or are below you, then you can move up to where you should be. As for friends I have 150 and know only like 15 in real life, just go into gamechat and talk to people, eventually you’ll meet someone cool and you can party up and add as a friend

“The game has turned too competitive in every aspect.”

I kind of have to agree with this, the leaning towards pro players is huge in H5. I always thought Halo should be playable for everyone and that the pros were just more skilled on a level playing field. In H5 I feel like skilled / pro players have a big advantage. I can still do okay in Arena but only if I go grab a BR :slight_smile:

bump

You can say Call of Duty here this isn’t a communist forum. Edit but bumping is against the rules.

> 2535418262439483;14:
> You can say Call of Duty here this isn’t a communist forum.

Just being safe since it’s my first day posting here. But thanks for the heads up.

To each their own. I’m having more fun with Halo 5 than I have with any Halo since Halo 2 and Halo:CE.

> 2560752109561871;16:
> To each their own. I’m having more fun with Halo 5 than I have with any Halo since Halo 2 and Halo:CE.

Glad you enjoyed it. But it’s a horrible experience for me overall.

> 2535460114617598;13:
> bump

Please don not bump, thanks.

Halo 5 is fun and amazing, they took a lot of time making it.
I can agree that nowdays we have magnetized bullets, in Halo 5 you only play 3/15 missions as Master Chief, and the other gamemodes that were in previous halo’s arnt even here.

But aside from all that Halo 5 is an awesome game!

What is bumping anyway?