I thought I was supposed to be immune to this stuff!

I’ve tried that one glitch where you keep Sgt. Johnson alive on the last level in Halo 3, but whenever he gets infected by the flood he yells “I Thought I Was Supposed To Be Immune To This Stuff!” or something to that effect. Did they put in this piece of dialogue on purpose because they expected you to try to do this, or is this combat dialogue that I’ve never heard before. Or possibly Bungie decided to have him say it whenever he accidentally gets infected, whatever it is maybe you guys can help me out on this one because I’ve been pondering on this for awhile and i can’t wait for your guys’ input.

thanks for taking time to read this silly question :3
Darn It, Accidentally Posted This In Fiction!, my second thread creation sorry

I’m sure it was just put in there in the event of him being infected. They can’t foresee all the glitches that people find and exploit.

> I’ve tried that one glitch where you keep Sgt. Johnson alive on the last level in Halo 3, but whenever he gets infected by the flood he yells “I Thought I Was Supposed To Be Immune To This Stuff!” or something to that effect. Did they put in this piece of dialogue on purpose because they expected you to try to do this, or is this combat dialogue that I’ve never heard before. Or possibly Bungie decided to have him say it whenever he accidentally gets infected, whatever it is maybe you guys can help me out on this one because I’ve been pondering on this for awhile and i can’t wait for your guys’ input.
>
> thanks for taking time to read this silly question :3
> “Darn It, Accidentally Posted This In Fiction!, my second thread creation sorry

I believe, I could be wrong of course, that they put that dialogue in there because they knew about the glitch and then either decided to leave it because it led to that humorous situation, or they couldn’t do anything about it, and thus decided to throw that line in there for the giggles.

If you read the book’s (i think it might be first strike), there’s a section that explains that sgt. johnson is actually immune to the flood because of some sort of disease that he had. I think it had something to do with his brain, I can’t remember it. Dr. Halsey gave chief two vials (one vial had the complete blood results for sgt. johnson and the other had incomplete results - something along those lines anyway) Chief gave ONI the incomplete results because he knew that ONI would completely harvest the sgt’s body to try to combat the flood. The book explains the chief decided to try and save every life he could from that moment, and so spared sgt’s johnsons life. That’s all i can remember, I’d read the book lol