I think vehicle passengers are underrated

I’ve come to believe this over the last week or so. I think passengers make vehicles much more efficient, especially so if they are alter their load out for their role. I’ve noticed that drivers do not entertain the idea of a passenger in a warthog unless they can’t help it. Mongoose drivers seem this way too.

I am not sure why this is, but it seems like the wrong choice. At least 4 times in the last few days, I have completely dominated from the passenger seat, often times without any gunner present at all. In one match I opened the game from a gunnerless warthog and got a hat trick. In another game I lasered a mongoose and then a warthog (driver+gunner) almost back to back from a warthog (no gunner again). In yet another game, a mongoose driver picked me up and we got a laser double kill for destroying a fully manned wraith. And in a final example from tonight, I got 4 consecutive kills (3 BR, and killed a ghost with a plasma grenade) from a gunner less warthog. And I’m not good at Halo so it leads me to believe that anyone can do this stuff!

I’d like to see more people doing it or at least allowing passengers lol. Oh and if anyone wants to give it a shot, I’ll throw in a few pointers/weapons to use.

Reach Grenade Launcher: Probably the best weapon for a passenger. It lets you control combat to such an immense degree. Great vs aircraft too.
Plasma Pistol: Great vs ghosts and tanks. Can also help the gunner by stripping shields.
Needler: The red reticle range is pretty good, and the increased movement speed of the needles (speed of needles launched from a fast moving vehicle) makes it incredibly deadly.
Laser: Keep your eyes open for vehicles and distracted aircraft and take your time.
Rockets: These can be risky but are great against vehicles. They have a tendency of ending a fight quickly either way. To my knowledge it cannot lock on from the seat.
Carbine: IMO its rapid fire makes it the best precision weapon for the passenger seat.
Plasma Grenade: These are awesome for an EMP’d vehicle.
Sniper Rifle: Good for aircraft, vehicles, people walking around, gunners, basically everything. I find being slow and patient is better with the smaller targets while unloading on the big ones works best.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to give it a try, it can lead to some hilarious replays! :slight_smile:

The problem is even with everyone having the wheelman mod.the gunner on back it a sitting duck. And from passenger seat you still need a decent driver.

I know that whenever I drive (I always prefer to drive in vehicles), I always try and fully load up if possible. Not only is the passenger useful, adding to the overall firepower your vehicle can bring, but, if it’s a Warthog, they can serve as a replacement gunner OR driver should the player in either of those roles be killed (they can take over via seat switching), keeping the Warthog fully operational. Also, sometimes people who get in the passenger seat just want a lift to somewhere else on the map, and it’s nice to help people out like that.

Nothing more satisfying than a successful flag run with the carrier in the passenger seat!

> 2533274874616028;2:
> The problem is even with everyone having the wheelman mod.the gunner on back it a sitting duck. And from passenger seat you still need a decent driver.

If you are on the turret, face the direction of the target and look all the way up to protect the head. Many people don’t know about this.

Don’t forget about arming the passenger with a Railgun. Sure it’s a little tricky to aim with the charge-up and the small blast radius, but the hitscan properties can be devastating against players and vehicles.

A hog gunner can switch seats when his/her shields drop which can potentially save his/her life a passenger prevents this.
This alone is the reason I never want a passenger

I mean, in Halo 5 being a passenger sucks! Because it seems that you can killed way to easily!

> 2535429593088083;6:
> Don’t forget about arming the passenger with a Railgun. Sure it’s a little tricky to aim with the charge-up and the small blast radius, but the hitscan properties can be devastating against players and vehicles.

Try doing it with a Whiplash. NASTY.

> 2533275018694165;3:
> I know that whenever I drive (I always prefer to drive in vehicles), I always try and fully load up if possible. Not only is the passenger useful, adding to the overall firepower your vehicle can bring, but, if it’s a Warthog, they can serve as a replacement gunner OR driver should the player in either of those roles be killed (they can take over via seat switching), keeping the Warthog fully operational. Also, sometimes people who get in the passenger seat just want a lift to somewhere else on the map, and it’s nice to help people out like that.

I’m glad you mentioned seat switching! I was thinking about that and how that’s a great way to save a vehicle from the enemy team’s use should the driver be killed. Happens all too often and if you’re in the hot zone you don’t want it just sitting there for taking.

Too bad the vehicle offers no protection to passengers or gunners.

The driver gets some extra deffence…

Try the tier 3 suppressor in the passenger seat of a hog if you want to dominate. It seems like it has better tracking, and requires less rounds to hit and cause the super combine.

People don’t use passenger seat or even gunner half the time cause you’re so exposed and easy to kill. Getting perfects is fairly easy, even better when a team will team shoot the vehicle cause you will not stand a chance.

> 2533274806739045;1:
> I’ve come to believe this over the last week or so. I think passengers make vehicles much more efficient, especially so if they are alter their load out for their role. I’ve noticed that drivers do not entertain the idea of a passenger in a warthog unless they can’t help it. Mongoose drivers seem this way too.
>
> I am not sure why this is, but it seems like the wrong choice. At least 4 times in the last few days, I have completely dominated from the passenger seat, often times without any gunner present at all. In one match I opened the game from a gunnerless warthog and got a hat trick. In another game I lasered a mongoose and then a warthog (driver+gunner) almost back to back from a warthog (no gunner again). In yet another game, a mongoose driver picked me up and we got a laser double kill for destroying a fully manned wraith. And in a final example from tonight, I got 4 consecutive kills (3 BR, and killed a ghost with a plasma grenade) from a gunner less warthog. And I’m not good at Halo so it leads me to believe that anyone can do this stuff!
>
> I’d like to see more people doing it or at least allowing passengers lol. Oh and if anyone wants to give it a shot, I’ll throw in a few pointers/weapons to use.
>
> Reach Grenade Launcher: Probably the best weapon for a passenger. It lets you control combat to such an immense degree. Great vs aircraft too.
> Plasma Pistol: Great vs ghosts and tanks. Can also help the gunner by stripping shields.
> Needler: The red reticle range is pretty good, and the increased movement speed of the needles (speed of needles launched from a fast moving vehicle) makes it incredibly deadly.
> Laser: Keep your eyes open for vehicles and distracted aircraft and take your time.
> Rockets: These can be risky but are great against vehicles. They have a tendency of ending a fight quickly either way. To my knowledge it cannot lock on from the seat.
> Carbine: IMO its rapid fire makes it the best precision weapon for the passenger seat.
> Plasma Grenade: These are awesome for an EMP’d vehicle.
> Sniper Rifle: Good for aircraft, vehicles, people walking around, gunners, basically everything. I find being slow and patient is better with the smaller targets while unloading on the big ones works best.
>
> I hope this helps anyone who wants to give it a try, it can lead to some hilarious replays! :slight_smile:

Ah but it makes the Hog a rolling triple kill for anyone with a rocket or scorpion. That doesn’t stop me from hopping in the passenger seat from time to time.

In a warthog, the more the merrier… Gungoose, No. The passenger blocks the driver’s reticle making it hard to hit a target.

> 2533274907200114;9:
> > 2535429593088083;6:
> > Don’t forget about arming the passenger with a Railgun. Sure it’s a little tricky to aim with the charge-up and the small blast radius, but the hitscan properties can be devastating against players and vehicles.
>
> Try doing it with a Whiplash. NASTY.

Lol I liked using high5,propipe and the hydra.

> 2535440693312185;14:
> > 2533274806739045;1:
> > I’ve come to believe this over the last week or so. I think passengers make vehicles much more efficient, especially so if they are alter their load out for their role. I’ve noticed that drivers do not entertain the idea of a passenger in a warthog unless they can’t help it. Mongoose drivers seem this way too.
> >
> > I am not sure why this is, but it seems like the wrong choice. At least 4 times in the last few days, I have completely dominated from the passenger seat, often times without any gunner present at all. In one match I opened the game from a gunnerless warthog and got a hat trick. In another game I lasered a mongoose and then a warthog (driver+gunner) almost back to back from a warthog (no gunner again). In yet another game, a mongoose driver picked me up and we got a laser double kill for destroying a fully manned wraith. And in a final example from tonight, I got 4 consecutive kills (3 BR, and killed a ghost with a plasma grenade) from a gunner less warthog. And I’m not good at Halo so it leads me to believe that anyone can do this stuff!
> >
> > I’d like to see more people doing it or at least allowing passengers lol. Oh and if anyone wants to give it a shot, I’ll throw in a few pointers/weapons to use.
> >
> > Reach Grenade Launcher: Probably the best weapon for a passenger. It lets you control combat to such an immense degree. Great vs aircraft too.
> > Plasma Pistol: Great vs ghosts and tanks. Can also help the gunner by stripping shields.
> > Needler: The red reticle range is pretty good, and the increased movement speed of the needles (speed of needles launched from a fast moving vehicle) makes it incredibly deadly.
> > Laser: Keep your eyes open for vehicles and distracted aircraft and take your time.
> > Rockets: These can be risky but are great against vehicles. They have a tendency of ending a fight quickly either way. To my knowledge it cannot lock on from the seat.
> > Carbine: IMO its rapid fire makes it the best precision weapon for the passenger seat.
> > Plasma Grenade: These are awesome for an EMP’d vehicle.
> > Sniper Rifle: Good for aircraft, vehicles, people walking around, gunners, basically everything. I find being slow and patient is better with the smaller targets while unloading on the big ones works best.
> >
> > I hope this helps anyone who wants to give it a try, it can lead to some hilarious replays! :slight_smile:
>
> Ah but it makes the Hog a rolling triple kill for anyone with a rocket or scorpion. That doesn’t stop me from hopping in the passenger seat from time to time.

I think that’s true, it does make the hog a triple kill. But a hog with a gunner and driver is a rolling double kill anyway. I think what it comes down to is how much more efficient you think a warthog becomes. It yields only 50% more kills with a passenger so if it’s more efficient than that, then it’s worth it.

I think it comes down to the loadout. Someone loaded up with 6 grenades and a plasma pistol is going to be much more efficient than someone with the spawn BR/AR. The former can basically beat any vehicle that engages them. It can be hard (relative to other weapons) to get kills outright with the default load out, especially kills that the gunner wasn’t going to wrap up on their own anyway.