I think this is how warzone works

Obviously, this isn’t all final builds of the game. With that in mind, let’s dive right in.

So we’ve got 12 players on each team with a large number of AI enemies that will attack any team. The enemies shown are Covenant and Prometheans, makes sense. If you pause the video at different points, you can see that there are 3 capture points to be obtained and the score limit is 1000. Points are earned by killing players but I’m still not sure if you can get points to win by killing bots. Maybe they give less score?

Anyways, the main point of fighting the bots is to capture a target location like A, B or C seen in Domination game modes. Try pausing the video around the time that he gets the “Boss Takedown” medal and you’ll see a bar at the bottom of the screen is being filled up when he kills the enemy. So if I had to guess, you have to kill bots in a certain area to fill up the bar and own the location, which will earn more points to your team for as long as you hold it, just like Domination in other games. Some enemies like bosses are probably worth more towards filling the bar and it looks like the bots will start off easy but then gradually get harder, adding tougher enemies into the mix.

So is Warzone just a massive battle over killing the bots? Maybe, but there might be more to it. Specifically, there are probably more ways that we don’t know about yet to directly hit the enemy team. We’ll probably be able to capture some of their bases or do some other objective that doesn’t involve bots to gain the upper hand, this is a PvP mode after all.

So take a look at the video again and just start pausing everywhere to see for yourself, you might see something that I didn’t!

That’s certainly a possibility. I wonder if it’s phase based, almost like Invasion. Phase 1, capture locations while wrecking AI. Phase 2, eliminate opposing Spartans. Phase 3, King of the Hill with enemy AI and enemy Spartans trying to snuff you out.

I can’t wait for details.

Its stated to feature 24 players in the WARGAMES Simulation. The game intrinsically seems to be a assault-defend objective with AI, 16 attackers versing 8 defenders.

Another thing to note, it seems that you can still use the squad commands in Warzone to direct your teammates (if they even listen to you). This can be heard while a Warthog is driving: “Fire on my target!”

Some enemies seem to show up on your HUD with markers which shows that they play an important role to winning the game.

Elites had better be a playable option.

As per ANVIL Initiative, there is absolutely no lore excuse for them not to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QcTY9LbPE

At 0:10 there’s a HUD message telling Red Team to “eliminate attackers: 16 remaining”.
At 0:27 there’s a pair of red Hunters, and at various points you can see the Covenant forces are red

I think this means Warzone is an asymmetrical gametype, with 16 attackers facing off against 8 defenders and their AI allies.

They’re talking about it on youtube right now. It’s 12v12, first to 1000 points. You get points from kills, boss kills, and holding the objectives.

> 2533274809361619;7:
> They’re talking about it on youtube right now. It’s 12v12, first to 1000 points. You get points from kills, boss kills, and holding the objectives.

Link it, dude.

> 2533274802801111;8:
> > 2533274809361619;7:
> > They’re talking about it on youtube right now. It’s 12v12, first to 1000 points. You get points from kills, boss kills, and holding the objectives.
>
>
> Link it, dude.

Youtube’s main E3 feed. It’s over, but you should be able to go back in the timeline. Roughly -13 minutes as of this minute.

> 2533274802801111;5:
> Elites had better be a playable option.
>
> As per ANVIL Initiative, there is absolutely no lore excuse for them not to be.

It’s not a barrier with the lore, it’s just that 343 wants to focus entirely on what it means to be a Spartan.

> 2533274833600810;10:
> > 2533274802801111;5:
> > Elites had better be a playable option.
> >
> > As per ANVIL Initiative, there is absolutely no lore excuse for them not to be.
>
>
> It’s not a barrier with the lore, it’s just that 343 wants to focus entirely on what it means to be a Spartan.

Which is something I don’t particularly care about and the sole reason I still play invasion in reach while Halo 4 collects dust with only a few months of gameplay.