I think there should be a new model for DLC in H5G

I have enjoyed the maps Certain Affinity has created in Halo 4 and MCC and I dont mind picking up map packs every so often when they come out. But I don’t think they should release map packs in H5G the same way they did in H4, Reach, or H3.
I think the problem with the current DLC model is how map packs separate the player base in to dedicated DLC playlists. The people who own the DLC have a small percentage of players to get matched with and can only play those maps with the game-types in the DLC playlists. Plus if you are in a party of people who dont own the DLC you never get to play those maps.

I think maps should be done the same way heists are done in Payday 2. If you haven’t played that game; Only the party leader would need to own the DLC to enter the DLC playlist.

This model could be used and possibly expanded on in H5G,

• DLC maps would be added to all playlists so any one could play them online without needing a party leader who owns the DLC.- Must own the DLC to forge or host custom matches on those maps- 343 could add some other insensitive for purchasing DLC at this point (perhaps additional armor sets) if they feel the above rules wont drive enough purchases.This way we avoid separating the population, avoid unnecessary playlists, and give non-purchasers a reason to come back and play Halo when the DLC comes out.

I agree.

I think more armor would definitely increase purchases, I always wanted 343 to add more specializations to Halo 4, but they never did. It resulted in me reaching max rank really quickly after launch. I think I was SR130 by January 2013 (Only 2 months after release!!) which was really annoying.

I really like your idea, in Halo 4, the DLC maps were actually quite good to play however there was a pretty big problem: nobody really played the playlists. Your idea would get rid of that problem pretty well.

I think the base price of the game should be increased (by about $5 or $10) and everybody gets access to DLC.

> 2533274833164531;3:
> I think the base price of the game should be increased (by about $5 or $10) and everybody gets access to DLC.

It’s a good idea but there would be so many people that would curse paying it (there always is) :3

> 2533274858646258;4:
> > 2533274833164531;3:
> > I think the base price of the game should be increased (by about $5 or $10) and everybody gets access to DLC.
>
>
>
> It’s a good idea but there would be so many people that would curse paying it (there always is) :3

Plus they already sell Map Passes for all the future DLC. This would just make that a mandatory buy, I can see a lot of people not being ok with it (there is already huge hate for pre-ordering). You might not even still be playing the game when the DLC comes out, meaning you wasted that ~$10 of your purchase.

> 2533274813064449;5:
> > 2533274858646258;4:
> > > 2533274833164531;3:
> > > I think the base price of the game should be increased (by about $5 or $10) and everybody gets access to DLC.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s a good idea but there would be so many people that would curse paying it (there always is) :3
>
>
>
> Plus they already sell Map Passes for all the future DLC. This would just make that a mandatory buy, I can see a lot of people not being ok with it (there is already huge hate for pre-ordering). You might not even still be playing the game when the DLC comes out, meaning you wasted that ~$10 of your purchase.

The idea is that the people who normally buy the DLC would get a discount, and everybody would have it so the maps would actually get used. Not only that but a $5 increase in price wouldn’t be enough for people to not buy the game.

This time around, I will buy the Legendary edition or whatever they call it so that I don’t have to worry about the DLC.

Raise the price of the game by $5 or $10, and all future DLC comes with the game, when DLC releases playlists become DLC required. Everybody wins.

Halo 4 sold what 400k copies? 500k? Either way multiply that by 5 and you get no less than $2M in extra profits (on base sales). Now let’s assume that 1/8 of all halo 4 owners bought $15 worth of DLC. $15*50k = $750k.

$2M - $0.75M = $1.25M

Everybody wins!

I think they should just sell stuff like weapon skins (for spawn weapons) and release maps free, but I doubt microsoft would allow it.