I think the infinty challange is unfair

I really think their has to be a limit of game to be played on one day, Since not everybody has the change to play 18 hours a day like …
No not going to say names.

But seriously some people have over 18 hours of gameplay in a day, Not every body can do this since normal people have work/school/family’s to take care of.

If there was just like a max amout of games per player per day, Let’s say it would be 25 games a day (just saying), The total points of that match will be added to the players score in the infinity finals.
Since you only have 25 games to play everybody has a fair change, This way you have to be really skilled to get to the top.

Cause cmon guys tell me who of you has 18 hours time per day to play games?

Thoughts?

I think such a system would have been better than the current one. I seriously worry about some of these people’s health…

People who don’t have jobs have 18h+ a day to play Halo.

If you spend that much time playing a game I think you deserve to win the challenge.

This challenge isn’t for ‘‘normal’’ people, it’s for the hardcore Halo fans.

So i just looked at the stat’s of mister #1 and he has a k/d of 15.53, Is this guy hacking or…

Anyone that plays 18 hours a day deserves to win because that means this game is their life. Kinda sad really.

I think the longest I’ve ever played a game in a day is 8 hours.

> People who don’t have jobs have 18h+ a day to play Halo.
>
> If you spend that much time playing a game I think you deserve to win the challenge.
>
> This challenge isn’t for ‘‘normal’’ people, it’s for the hardcore Halo fans.

Well that is your thought, But really if you could be in a show where you could win 1 million dollars, But you don’t have change to be there in time because you have to work. Wouldn’t you be mad?

> > People who don’t have jobs have 18h+ a day to play Halo.
> >
> > If you spend that much time playing a game I think you deserve to win the challenge.
> >
> > This challenge isn’t for ‘‘normal’’ people, it’s for the hardcore Halo fans.
>
> Well that is your thought, But really if you are in a show where you could win 1 million dollars, But you don’t have change to be there in time because you have to work. Wouldn’t you be mad?

Here’s the thing. If I had a chance to win 1 million dollars I would take a day of work. This competition is longer than a day.

how do you look at these guys stats, it never gives me the option to

Probably the best way would be to do your best 25 games in a day, that wa the people who have more time to play would still have a slight advantage. But overall yea I agree in tier 2 and play as much as I can, and I’m not even close lol. Those people are crazy.

> how do you look at these guys stats, it never gives me the option to

Search their gamertag in halo stats.

> People who don’t have jobs have 18h+ a day to play Halo.
>
> If you spend that much time playing a game I think you deserve to win the challenge.
>
> This challenge isn’t for ‘‘normal’’ people, it’s for the hardcore Halo fans.

So hardcore fans can’t have jobs, friends or school. Seriously I would imagine that instead of good people with skill making it we will just see people with no jobs (also people who don’t shower) that either boost alot or play alot and might have zero actual skill at the game

> how do you look at these guys stats, it never gives me the option to

Right corner of the page your loooking at, There is you name in light blue.
Click it and search for the person who you want to search for.
At the left middle you see a line of squares, click on the one with the earth tingy
Done :slight_smile:

I’m almost certain that the people who play 18 hours a day doesn’t play by them selfs. It’s probably 2 people that’s using 1 account.

> >
> > If you spend that much time playing a game I think you deserve to win the challenge.
> >
> > This challenge isn’t for ‘‘normal’’ people, it’s for the hardcore Halo fans.
>
> So hardcore fans can’t have jobs, friends or school. Seriously I would imagine that instead of good people with skill making it we will just see people with no jobs (also people who don’t shower) that either boost alot or play alot and might have zero actual skill at the game

cough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xgp5yGk9nY cough
Sorry having a cold :S (click it :slight_smile:

The best way to do it would be to take the best 25 games you have played, then a really good player can play for just a few hours and potentially win but a bad player still has a chance if he is commited and gets 25 good games out of the 100+ he plays.

Just for the record I have a pregnant girlfriend, 2 kittens and a full time job 8am-6pm 5 days a week, this being said I am aiming to get in the top 75 (I’m currently 141st) of the tournament (I booked a week off work because I am a big halo fan) so it can still be done for all you people looking for excuses.

> >
> >
>
> So hardcore fans can’t have jobs, friends or school. Seriously I would imagine that instead of good people with skill making it we will just see people with no jobs (also people who don’t shower) that either boost alot or play alot and might have zero actual skill at the game

Of course there’s hardcore fans that’s working but the people that’s playing more than you are obviously more determined to win than you are.

If you have a family, friends, a job or what ever think outside of the box. You can share your gamertag with a friend so when you’re not playing he is.

quote=BadDogVII;2173616]

> >
> >
>

Of course there’s hardcore fans that’s working but the people that’s playing more than you are obviously more determined to win than you are.

If you have a family, friends, a job or what ever think outside of the box. You can share your gamertag with a friend so when you’re not playing he is.
[/quote]
But that to me seems like cheating. Just my 2¢.

If you actually look at the game history for the person in 1st place tier1 you can see that he is boosting his score.
90% of his games he has over 1000 score in the game with 60 kills and 0 deaths for basically all of them, with none of the other players having any kills.

I do hope that 343 and -Yoink!- mobile actually look into the games played and just doesn’t go by the total score the player has.

I do agree though that a different scoring system should have been put in place, like said with the 25 games per day but then again, what is t keep people from boosting their score.

Here are some useful links (with responses from 343i and -Yoink!-) for those of you that are concerned with cheating in the infinity challenge:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2117125_343--why-is-virgin-gaming-better-than-mlg.aspx#post2123529

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst174614_Blatant-boosting-in-the-Infinity-Challenge.aspx

with

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2172221_Blatant-boosting-in-the-Infinity-Challenge.aspx#post2129346