I think my son has been hacked,

Hi there. I have an Xbox live account which I share with my family. And my son has a large issue. He was an eclipse and yet when he logged on this morning he seemed to have been de ranked to hero. He never hacks the Xbox and Ian ll fairness, probably doesn’t even know what it is. He has never got into trouble with Microsoft and never will. When we spoke with Microsoft, they recommended we came here.

Please help us as he is very upset. Could it possibly be that someone has hacked him?

Thanks, please reply

Well I don’t know too much about this kind of stuff, but if I were you I would check to see if he has lost any credits and if anyone has messed with his spartan’s appearance. Those are too things any, would-be hacker, would almost definetly do. And, also you should check too make sure that his rank was actually an eclipse and that he didn’t just think it was. I’m sorry that this happened to you. hopefully someone else can help you a bit more.

I’m pretty certain he is an eclipse, because I remember playing when he was a noble. He has lost credits yes, but the armour he was wearing, was unlock able ages ago, and so that is still the same.

Thanks for you quick reply though, it is really nice to know that there is someone else there who sympathises with us.

Regards, Jack

The only time I have heard of people losing ranks is when they have played Reach on an offline account, and then connecting the account to live. Due to the fact that it takes a long time to rank up playing outside of online matchmaking, offline accounts earn more per game. To prevent people artificially boosting their rank offline before connecting it to live, the account will lose credits when connected. However, your son has played lots of games in matchmaking, so I’m guessing this isn’t the case.

> And, also you should check too make sure that his rank was actually an eclipse and that he didn’t just think it was.

It’s possible. I have been promoted to Eclipse within the last week, and if you examine my service record, I have played 2499 games in Arena, Competitive, Invasion and Firefight combined (these are the game types that earn the most credits). Your son’s service record only has 1766 combined games in the same game types, significantly less. A friend of mine who will reach Eclipse soon has 2759 games in the game types I listed, also significantly more than your son.

I’m not familiar with what is accomplishable with a hack, but I am not aware of any way the waypoint service record can be altered.

EDIT: I’m assuming your son’s account is the one I linked.

Hello. I have just asked him and he says he rarely plays the competitive games. He says he likes something called fire fight or something. Would this explain it? Also, he has never played offline before, and so I don’t think that could be the case.

Are you sure it couldn’t be anything else, because I know that he has never hacked/boosted before in his life, and I make sure of that.

Thanks for all your suggestions,

Regards, Jack

> Hello. I have just asked him and he says he rarely plays the competitive games. He says he likes something called fire fight or something. Would this explain it? Also, he has never played offline before, and so I don’t think that could be the case.
>
> Are you sure it couldn’t be anything else, because I know that he has never hacked/boosted before in his life, and I make sure of that.
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions,
>
> Regards, Jack

To clarify, is xXJACKOIDXx your son’s account, because that has far more competitive games than firefight games played on it.

Yes that’s the one

Maybe the service record was set back a bit aswell. I’m not sure

Something seems odd. Here is your son’s service record as of 31st March 2012 (Bungie stopped updating service records that day). As you can see, he was a Field Marshall as of that date. Assuming he was Eclipse as of 21 April 2012, he would have needed to get approximately 5,000,000 credits in 21 days. This amounts to about 240,000 credits a day. The only method I can think of to get that many credits in such a short space of time is custom challenges, and it may be that for some reasons the credits earned from this have been lost. Even then, I’m not sure if players can earn more than 200,000 credits a day, but I’m not sure if that still applies.

I’m sorry I can’t give you a more definite answer. Perhaps you could try contacting a member of 343? Alternatively there is a thread at the top of the Reach forum page about bans. The posters there have more experience than me concerning this sort of thing.

> Something seems odd. Here is your son’s service record as of 31st March 2012 (Bungie stopped updating service records that day). As you can see, he was a Field Marshall as of that date. Assuming he was Eclipse as of 21 April 2012, he would have needed to get approximately 5,000,000 credits in 21 days. This amounts to about 240,000 credits a day. The only method I can think of to get that many credits in such a short space of time is custom challenges, and it may be that for some reasons the credits earned from this have been lost. Even then, I’m not sure if players can earn more than 200,000 credits a day, but I’m not sure if that still applies.
>
> I’m sorry I can’t give you a more definite answer. Perhaps you could try contacting a member of 343? Alternatively there is a thread at the top of the Reach forum page about bans. The posters there have more experience than me concerning this sort of thing.

You can only get 200,000 cR per day, with or without custom challenges, you haven’t been able to bypass it for a while.

I’m calling bluffs on the OP, losing over 350k+ cR, not in the slightest way possible, even if you did somehow lose credits, it wouldn’t take your rank down.

This kid is definitely lying here. He just wants to be rank up to an eclipse but one of the admins. To be honest I think he should get reset for wasting our time.

> This kid is definitely lying here. He just wants to be rank up to an eclipse but one of the admins. To be honest I think he should get reset for wasting our time.

I’m not sure mate. I am the kids father and completely useless at halo. Although I don’t think my son is a liar and I don’t appreciate you saying that either.

Maybe he is just confused. He is still young, so you know how it is. I have to say, what you guys are saying about earning 200,000 cr in a day does seem strange and sort of impossible. So thanks for your help, I don’t think we will play halo anymore now anyway, I am starting to get into forza.

Thanks,
Regards

Jack

> Maybe he is just confused. <mark>He is still young, so you know how it is</mark>. I have to say, what you guys are saying about earning 200,000 cr in a day does seem strange and sort of impossible. So thanks for your help, I don’t think we will play halo anymore now anyway, I am starting to get into forza.
>
> Thanks,
> Regards
>
>
> Jack

Why are you letting your child play a rated M game in the first place?
Awareness Fail or Parenting Fail?..

> > Maybe he is just confused. <mark>He is still young, so you know how it is</mark>. I have to say, what you guys are saying about earning 200,000 cr in a day does seem strange and sort of impossible. So thanks for your help, I don’t think we will play halo anymore now anyway, I am starting to get into forza.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Regards
> >
> >
> > Jack
>
> Why are you letting your child play a rated M game in the first place?
> Awareness Fail or Parenting Fail?..

Unnecessary. Not your place to tell other people how to parent their kids. By your logic my parents failed me several times over and trust me, I’m (mostly) normal and well adjusted.

OP - You DO earn more credits in firefight than you do in matchmaking. He would still have to be playing a lot of FF as a Field Marshall to max out the credit cap daily in order to go up that many ranks. IF your son was caught boosting or something, his service record wouldn’t be reset and the game history to support the ranking would be available but it looks like he was probably just confused.

Either way, if he mostly plays FF, it’s not the end of the world and he’ll be ranking up in no time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for defending me there snicker, I think this case is closed now anyway, so if an admin or something closes it, thanks.

Best regards

Sorry you didn’t find any clear answers but good luck to you and your son! I’ll go ahead and lock this now. :slight_smile: