I think its the communities fault

I think one of the big reasons that Halo 4 has a lower population is a lack of community support. I mean remember during Halo 3 when every single person you knew was playing halo and making crazy custom games? We had the competitive scene with halo, the creative side doing forge, and the casuals playing social slayer. Everyone had a place and they loved it. For one shining moment Halo worked with everyone and this created a massive community that was so awesome! Now the competitive gamers have moved to COD, the creative people play minecraft and terraria and etc. The community is gone. The reason i dont play halo 4 is because no one else is ever playing. I never see people playing halo anymore :(. I can remember having 20 friends online and about 18 of them playing Halo 3, ahhhhh the memories…

> I think one of the big reasons that Halo 4 has a lower population is a lack of community support. I mean remember during Halo 3 when every single person you knew was playing halo and making crazy custom games? We had the competitive scene with halo, the creative side doing forge, and the casuals playing social slayer. Everyone had a place and they loved it. For one shining moment Halo worked with everyone and this created a massive community that was so awesome! Now the competitive gamers have moved to COD, the creative people play minecraft and terraria and etc. The community is gone. The reason i dont play halo 4 is because no one else is ever playing. I never see people playing halo anymore :(. I can remember having 20 friends online and about 18 of them playing Halo 3, ahhhhh the memories…

So because 343i didn’t include the features and functions that made all of what you described in Halo 3 possible in Halo 4…it’s the communities fault? How?

> > I think one of the big reasons that Halo 4 has a lower population is a lack of community support. I mean remember during Halo 3 when every single person you knew was playing halo and making crazy custom games? We had the competitive scene with halo, the creative side doing forge, and the casuals playing social slayer. Everyone had a place and they loved it. For one shining moment Halo worked with everyone and this created a massive community that was so awesome! Now the competitive gamers have moved to COD, the creative people play minecraft and terraria and etc. The community is gone. The reason i dont play halo 4 is because no one else is ever playing. I never see people playing halo anymore :(. I can remember having 20 friends online and about 18 of them playing Halo 3, ahhhhh the memories…
>
> So because 343i didn’t include the features and functions that made all of what you described in Halo 3 possible in Halo 4…it’s the communities fault? How?

what do you mean? What features and functions are not present in Halo 4 that made Halo 3 so great?

> > > I think one of the big reasons that Halo 4 has a lower population is a lack of community support. I mean remember during Halo 3 when every single person you knew was playing halo and making crazy custom games? We had the competitive scene with halo, the creative side doing forge, and the casuals playing social slayer. Everyone had a place and they loved it. For one shining moment Halo worked with everyone and this created a massive community that was so awesome! Now the competitive gamers have moved to COD, the creative people play minecraft and terraria and etc. The community is gone. The reason i dont play halo 4 is because no one else is ever playing. I never see people playing halo anymore :(. I can remember having 20 friends online and about 18 of them playing Halo 3, ahhhhh the memories…
> >
> > So because 343i didn’t include the features and functions that made all of what you described in Halo 3 possible in Halo 4…it’s the communities fault? How?
>
> what do you mean? What features and functions are not present in Halo 4 that made Halo 3 so great?

You talk about great custom games, Halo 4’s custom game options are significantly worse than Halo 3’s. You talk about how everyone was Forging in Halo 3, Halo 4’s Forge features have some missing features and for the longest time the maps available for forging weren’t that great. You talk about multiplayer catering to needs of the casual and hardcore crowd, well until recently all we had was Infinity settings and half-hearted attempts at competetive playlists.

So how is it OUR fault?

> > > I think one of the big reasons that Halo 4 has a lower population is a lack of community support. I mean remember during Halo 3 when every single person you knew was playing halo and making crazy custom games? We had the competitive scene with halo, the creative side doing forge, and the casuals playing social slayer. Everyone had a place and they loved it. For one shining moment Halo worked with everyone and this created a massive community that was so awesome! Now the competitive gamers have moved to COD, the creative people play minecraft and terraria and etc. The community is gone. The reason i dont play halo 4 is because no one else is ever playing. I never see people playing halo anymore :(. I can remember having 20 friends online and about 18 of them playing Halo 3, ahhhhh the memories…
> >
> > So because 343i didn’t include the features and functions that made all of what you described in Halo 3 possible in Halo 4…it’s the communities fault? How?
>
> what do you mean? What features and functions are not present in Halo 4 that made Halo 3 so great?

A lot of the gametypes were just straight axed. Assault is gone in favor of Grifball, VIP is gone, no more Flag dropping or 1-flag, no giving the Infected guns, no disabling sprint, no flag dropping, Oddball throwing can’t be disabled, can’t disable sprint, and you can’t change Flood loadouts at all.

On top of that, 343 rewards players more XP for playing just matchmaking, so naturally a lot of players will gravitate towards that just so they can level up.

In terms of custom games Halo 4 is a huge step backwards from Halo 3.

Halo Reach added many new gametypes, but failed to bring back VIP. I believe that Halo Reach pushed Custom games forward, but still wish they brought back VIP.

Halo 4 cut all of the new gametypes introduced in Halo Reach.

• Race gone
  • Territories gone
  • Head hunter gone
  • Invasion gone
  • Juggernaut gone
  • Assault gone
  • Head hunter gone
  • One flag or gametypes similar gone
  • Stockpile gone
  • The “Insane” gametypes gone
  • This is a huge one Halo Chess is gone

The list continues. I do not believe the community was the reason why Halo 4 has so little custom games.