i think it's about time we got some gore

I used to be somewhat against adding gore to halo but after years of playing gears of war and now the fairly recent gears 3, I can’t help feel disappointed when I shoot an elite in the face or beat down a grunt. In halo 4 I expect beefier sound effects, and some real time gore effects. Every kill in gears is absolutely satisfying. Getting a headshot or executing an enemy in that game is fantastic. I don’t think people’s heads should explode in Halo 4 (that would get really annoying because of its frequency) but I do want some bloody gashes and wounds. Wouldn’t it be so much more satisfying if the enemy you stuck with a plasma exploded into pieces with a loud crushing sound. Also imagine assassinations but you know…with actual blood… So much more interesting. Don’t go completely over the top but I think gore would be a fantastic addition. And if people really don’t want it, at least make a on or off switch.

I would like some but not excessively. Gears pulls it off because its all like “GRRR! I AM A MAN! CHAINSAW!!!” (Don’t get me wrong, I love it.) Halo is a sci-fi shooter and it is supposed to be more elegant. And think, these enemies have shields and armor. Not much blood is going to be flying everywhere. I think if the flood come back, which I am almost sure of, I would enjoy lots of gore then. That would be fun. Have a carrier form, exploder, get that greenish flood blood on your visir. Things like that would be awesome.

> I would like some but not excessively. Gears pulls it off because its all like “GRRR! I AM A MAN! CHAINSAW!!!” (Don’t get me wrong, I love it.) Halo is a sci-fi shooter and it is supposed to be more elegant. And think, these enemies have shields and armor. Not much blood is going to be flying everywhere. I think if the flood come back, which I am almost sure of, I would enjoy lots of gore then. That would be fun. Have a carrier form, exploder, get that greenish flood blood on your visir. Things like that would be awesome.

Would be a great addition.

I think it would suit Halo a lot more to just crank up the blood and maybe have some armour break, severed limbs doesn’t seem like the type of thing that would fit Halo.

Cracked visors, broken armour, chipped armour, scratched armour, blood stains on armour and other body parts, and a nice batch of blood on the ground or wall or maybe all over the room and maybe the vehicle that just hit the guy would do it for me. Maybe even some blood on the weapon, how satisfying would it be to have a gravity hammer covered in blood? VARY in my opinion.

If there is ever gore in Halo it should be minimal, not even close to gears and it should make sense for the fact that the Spartan is covered in titanium. So it would need to be nice powerful weapons that carry a boom to cause any gore.

At least that’s my opinion.

Ever played Call of Duty: World at War’s multiplayer.The gore was perfectly implemented on that one.

However, it’s harder to go gore with power armor, otherwise it ends up looking GeoW-ish.