I think it would be best for Halo...

If competitives were given more support.

Now, before you rant on me thinking I’m another complainer, hear me out:

For a while now, I have seen no problems with the direction 4 is going, and thought that the more competitive players here needed to calm down. But, recently I have been looking at League of Legends success. Now, everyone knows that is a 100% competitive game and it is the largest game in the world yet, it doesn’t appeal much to “casuals” (which partially applies to me). This game is still going strong and has an ever growing fan base, yet it was released back in '09!

I want Halo 4 to be the League of Legends of FPSs, I think this would satisfy everyone. Face it, competitive players are the ones that stick around after everyone’s left. Go back to h3 and look at it’s playlists, then you would notice that the social playlists barely even hit a hundred players while the ranked are still racking in the low thousands. Those are competitive players, I did not believe it until now, but there are more competitives than you may think, or else LoL would not be so huge. Halo can continue to change its multiplayer but it must stay close to its competitive roots.

If we want Halo to survive long after release a ranking system is required, more h2 style with a much more strict truskill. Make its custom options easy for companies like MLG and VG to utilize and make great competitive game types (I’m not gonna lie, MLG can make some intense games). I have an idea for how rank should be carried out here.

343i should begin working exclusively with some well known MLG pros for new playlists etc. that can make h4’s competitive MP similar to h2/3’s yet refreshing and original. While Halo 4 may have a strong population currently, that will soon change if something is not done soon, I myself am relatively close to 130 and I don’t even play during weekdays (school is first for me.) this is a real problem and any comp. player will hit max rank amazingly quickly.

Halo 4 should be the main game of MLG right now, but sadly it isn’t. I am not going to blame 343 for all of this, because it seems as if Microsoft does not care about that. -Yoink!- Gaming just simply isn’t as established as MLG is and I feel that there is a reason why most of the games it sponsors are sports games. Maybe if given more time they can be taken more seriously, but right now MS’s main focus for the game should be MLG and keeping the game going long after release.

And of course, Balance is going to play a major role in the longevity of Halo 4’s life. I should not be seeing SR 25s in the same lobby as 130s and then putting all the high ranks on 1 team and low ranks on the other. That in itself is amazingly unfair. I have recently played a game like this and the opposing team had 300 points before we even got 10. I had the most kills on my team with a whopping score of 3. We should all be able to see how this is unbalanced.

I’m not gonna lie, ordnance drops need to go if you ever plan on having a competitive Halo game. In the same game I mentioned before, 4 of the players had Binary rifles and the moment I spawned I get 1sk from across the map, the whole team did not have a chance. Getting such power weapons of O. drops unbalances any game, even if both teams are of the same skill level.

Now, don’t get me wrong, the playlists we currently have are very fun nonetheless, but most of them should be left in the more “casual” playlist, while the more competitive game types should be left up to the comp. themselves. This way they can get what they want, while 343 can still make their own playlists for the community to enjoy.

Lastly, the DMR and boltshot need to be a pickup weapons found on the map with limited ammo. I do not need to go into detail as to why, just refer to the other 100+ topics explaining how they break the sandbox.

I did not include a tl;dr because I feel you should read this whole thread. I hope I made my points clear and this post easy to follow, if there are any questions, simply just ask.

Thank you for taking the time to read,

Msonic98

Problem: league of legends is the casual A-RTS.

> Problem: league of legends is the casual A-RTS.

Even if so, I stil want halo to have the type of support it recieves from MLG and to keep goin long after release.

BOOO! GO BACK TO HALO CE YOU ROTTEN COMPETITIVES! BOOO!

support the ENTIRE community instead of the newbies? thats crazy talk

I’m moving this to the Matchmaking forums. The matchmaking forums will be housing discussions for Halo 4 matchmaking. This includes matters related to true skill and competitive gaming.

For more information why this thread is being moved, please read this for a further explanation. and as always, please feel free to ask questions if you have any.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst174757_Matchmaking--Why-was-my-thread-moved.aspx

> If competitives were given more support.
>
> And of course, Balance is going to play a major role in the longevity of Halo 4’s life. I should not be seeing SR 25s in the same lobby as 130s and then putting all the high ranks on 1 team and low ranks on the other. That in itself is amazingly unfair. I have recently played a game like this and the opposing team had 300 points before we even got 10. I had the most kills on my team with a whopping score of 3. We should all be able to see how this is unbalanced.

SR has nothing to do with skill. 4 of people of my skill level and SR 115 would lose 9 out of 10 games to 3 of my friend’s skill who is only SR 56.

If the teams were divided up that way, it’s because the TrueSkill behind the scenes said that’s how it should be. That could be because one of the people on your team has a shared account and his brother/sister/dog was using it and is terrible, it could be because one of the people on the other side had a guest account. Either way, SR has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with either skill in the game OR how the teams are or SHOULD be divided up.

League of Legends is casual player heaven. Just because they run a lot of tournaments doesn’t mean anything.

Any tournament scene should adapt to the game, not have the game adapt to it. You either want to use Halo 4 and 99% of what that entails, or you want a completely different game, and those tournament/competitive types should go find it.

Who cares if the “competitives” are playing Halo 3. That makes 343 absolutely 0 dollars. Another reason to cater to a more casual crowd. They will buy the next new thing, while the Halo Hipsters will keep playing the old game, because it’s “more pure man”

Rule #1 MS and 343 are businesses. Microsoft is a very GOOD business. You don’t trip over billions a year accidently. If it makes good business sense to cater to the whiny 15%, they’ll do so. If it doesn’t, they won’t.