I think I'm going to stop playing AAA games

Even though it’s my favorite franchise, that goes for halo too. We as gamers, some casual some competitive, are a very demanding crowd with little to no patience and the highest sense of entitlement. That said, you would think these developers would do their absolute best to put out a finishe and polished product. But no. Nowadays, NOTHING is finished.

We wait 1 to 3 or more years for our favorite franchises release only to get the following: A broken bug riddled mess (Arkham Knight PC), A copy and paste graphic and texture pack with new maps (COD/most sports games), or in the best case scenario we get a beta because the devs didn’t have enough Time to test their game. Or maybe they just didn’t bother (Halo 4). And the worst part is that we continue to shell out $60 to $100+ dollars for this crap.

THE BUILDUP TO THESE GAMES LAUNCH DATES IS MORE FUN THAN THE DAMN GAME ITSELF!

And im not going to blame it on the players because as gamers that’s just who we are. We need the best and we need it yesterday. Updates are fine as long as they arrive in a timely fashion and actually address problems within a game. But we should not be waiting around 6+ months for issues to be resolved.

Im going to end this rant here because that’s what’s it’s turned into and that isn’t what I intended. Also, idk if this should be moved but imo it has everything to do with halo 5 as 343 are supposed to be at the forefront of console gaming but just can’t deliver under the fiscal constraints of their billion dollar publisher.

ok i have many questions.

  1. is this supposed to be motivational?
  2. you do understand that playing your favourite games isn’t a right, its a privilege that they offer you because they are as passionate for the game as you are and therefore make the best game to there ability (spoilers games are hard to make)
  3. wtf do you mean by games not being finished? technically nothings ever finished, Leonardo Devinci could of made the Mona Lisa ‘bigger’ but he didn’t and its still a master piece. Quality before quantity and also when you say halo 4 didn’t bother to have a beta… GAMES DIDN’T HAVE -Yoink!- BETAS BACK THEN
  4. you should blame the players. because publishers are under pressure by investors to churns out games as quickly as possible for lemmings to go an through money at games… but this only happens when games are good, companies have now realised that broken games can ruin franchises (AC Unity on Syndicate sales)
  5. i don’t really have a five its just that 3 and one that isn’t a question doesn’t count as ‘many’
  6. why are you spending $60 - $100+ for games? i live in Australia where everything is way to expensive and even i hardly ever pay more that $60 for a brand new game. if you’re preordering limited collectors turbo edition with early dlc and 5 extra play skins with the dlc and 50 other useless things or $100+ then your part of the problem… companies have no incentive to fix games post launch and add free content if everyone has already given them money. this is why rec packs and micro transactions are good as they allow companies to continue to add to the game and fix any issues found with it and even, in the case of halo 5, allow free post launch dlc

fin written in fancy cursive

Yes, give in to the indie side.

We have very affordable, delicious, heartfelt homemade cookies with all the chocolate chips and everything included in your purchase instead of being sold separately. Though there are a few kooks selling raw cookie dough as an “early-access” product, gotta watch out for those people.

> Quality before quantity and also when you say halo 4 didn’t bother to have a beta… GAMES DIDN’T HAVE -Yoink!- BETAS BACK THEN

It was released in 2012…even Halo 3 had a beta.

[REDACTED 'CAUSE H8]

> 2533274819302824;3:
> Yes, give in to the indie side.
>
> We have very affordable, delicious, heartfelt homemade cookies with all the chocolate chips and everything included in your purchase instead of being sold separately. Though there are a few kooks selling raw cookie dough as an “early-access” product, gotta watch out for those people.
>
>
>
>
> > Quality before quantity and also when you say halo 4 didn’t bother to have a beta… GAMES DIDN’T HAVE -Yoink!- BETAS BACK THEN
>
>
> It was released in 2012…even Halo 3 had a beta.

haha newbs.

The only games I’m really hyped for now are Rainbow Six and Elder Scrolls VI.

I’ve found that staying dark on new games coming out does a lot to temper my expectations. I think I played one or two games of the H5 beta and went dark until release of the full game. There’s two reasons for this, first, most game devs can’t deliver on what they promise no matter how good they are and second, you have zero expectations set by the propaganda, er I mean the marketing. I’d gladly wait longer for a completely realized vision over the chopped up stuff we have been seeing recently.

I am going to play the games, but just wait for the used copies and support my local Gamestop. I will definitely not be pre-ordering anything ever again. I got lucky with Halo 5. I wouldn’t have it now except for a generous community member gave away a free code. I love Halo and support Halo, but I don’t support how the dev’s go about things.