I think I may know what the crazy red thingy is

So I just finished reading Cryptum and just started reading Glasslands.
Excerpt from Cryptum-(The Prisoner, speaking to The Didact)
"We meet again, young one. I am the last of those who gave you breath and shape and form, millions of years ago. I am the last of thoseyour kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.I am the last Precursor. And our answer is at hand.
Underlined portion one-clearly the Forerunners overthrew these “Precursors” and they aren’t too happy about that.
Underlined portion two-speaking about the Flood ravaging the Forerunner worlds during this time. The origins of the Flood from Human records within the book are strange, saying that there was a dormant ship filled with cylinders of fine, dessicated powder. They didn’t put themselves in the containers. The Flood may be a Precursor bio-weapon, unsure though.

They always refer to “The Prisoner” as the timeless one. The prisoner is said to have been eternal, or at least as long as Forerunner recorded history.

When the first Halo was tested at Charum Hakkor, the prisoner was released.
The AI Contender or “Mendicant Bias”, as well as the tested ring, dropped off the grid for 47 years afterwards.
When they returned, they were rouge, controlling 5 of the twelve rings to destroy the Capital Forerunner city.

If this “Prisoner” is eternal, and I think somewhere on one of the trailers it says " An Ancient Enemy Returns" he very well might be that crazy thing we got a glimpse of at the end of the Concept Art trailer.

Glad you figured something out that everyone else realized straight away

> So I just finished reading Cryptum and just started reading Glasslands.
> Excerpt from Cryptum-(The Prisoner, speaking to The Didact)
> “We meet again, young one. I am the last of those who gave you breath and shape and form, millions of years ago. I am the last of thoseyour kind rose up against and ruthlessly destroyed.I am the last Precursor. And our answer is at hand.
> Underlined portion one-clearly the Forerunners overthrew these “Precursors” and they aren’t too happy about that.
> Underlined portion two-speaking about the Flood ravaging the Forerunner worlds during this time. The origins of the Flood from Human records within the book are strange, saying that there was a dormant ship filled with cylinders of fine, dessicated powder. They didn’t put themselves in the containers. The Flood may be a Precursor bio-weapon, unsure though.
>
> They always refer to “The Prisoner” as the timeless one. The prisoner is said to have been eternal, or at least as long as Forerunner recorded history.
>
> When the first Halo was tested at Charum Hakkor, the prisoner was released.
> The AI Contender or “Mendicant Bias”, as well as the tested ring, dropped off the grid for 47 years afterwards.
> When they returned, they were rouge, controlling 5 of the twelve rings to destroy the Capital Forerunner city.
>
> If this “Prisoner” is eternal, and I think somewhere on one of the trailers it says " An Ancient Enemy Returns” he very well might be that crazy thing we got a glimpse of at the end of the Concept Art trailer.

Here’s a better look at what we saw in the concept art trailers

Good reading (:

> Glad you figured something out that everyone else realized straight away

Sorry I haven’t had the book until 3 days ago. Forgive my ignorance, grand wizard, I did not have the information.
So instead of assuming I’m somehow unintelligent, maybe you should take into consideration the fact that I have not read the book until now.
P.S. Not everyone realized this straight away either. Plenty of people were wtfing on these forums when the concept art trailer first launched.

fail

Btw everyone else hadn’t realised that straight away. That’s quite a generalisation.

Generalization, i haven’t read Cryptum and Glasslands yet.

Considering people in these forums are still speculating about fighting against the Covenant or (for some reason) the Forerunners in Halo 4, I don’t think this information about the Precursors is something “everyone else” has already realized.