I think I love 343 and Sabre

Wow, these new forums, and CEA. It’s all so amazing. Real-time game tracking is not something I would have expected at all and I can’t wait to try it out. CEA looks amazing and like a lot of care and effort was put into it.

It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.

> It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.

I took another look at the video and saw that if you paused at 6:31 you saw a Library menu that had button commands at the bottom of the screen. I wonder why they would have that if the “analyze-library” combo was Kinect only? I doubt they’re leaving controller players behind with this feature.

I love these new forums, except for the fact I lost my old profile with all my posts and friends.
But other than that they’re Great!

Yeah i love 343 for remaking my favourite game of all time, but i will hate 343 for making features kinect only

I would have agreed with the OP until hearing about excluding non-Kinect owners from Library for no good reason.

In the comic-con panel, Kevin Grace’s phrasing made it sound like the Analyze feature is exclusive to Kinect, and a Joystiq article is claiming that 343 has confirmed it.

ATLAS requiring a WP7 makes more sense. That feature actually requires another device, and it’s Microsoft, so it makes sense that the feature is developed for WP7.

> > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
>
> I took another look at the video and saw that if you paused at 6:31 you saw a Library menu that had button commands at the bottom of the screen. I wonder why they would have that if the “analyze-library” combo was Kinect only? I doubt they’re leaving controller players behind with this feature.

They already confirmed that Scan was exclusive to Kinect. You can go through the library with a controller but there won’t be anything there if you have Scanned anything with Kinect.
HURRAY FOR TACKED ON THINGS!

> It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.

What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.

Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh

> > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
>
> What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
>
> Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh

Model viewer.
We want the model viewer.

> > > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
> >
> > What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
> >
> > Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh
>
> Model viewer.
> We want the model viewer.

Look at the models while you’re playing the campaign. Problem solved!!!

> > > > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
> > >
> > > What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
> > >
> > > Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh
> >
> > Model viewer.
> > We want the model viewer.
>
> Look at the models while you’re playing the campaign. Problem solved!!!

Kind of hard to notice the small details when they’re jumping around and shooting at you.

> > > > > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
> > > >
> > > > What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
> > > >
> > > > Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh
> > >
> > > Model viewer.
> > > We want the model viewer.
> >
> > Look at the models while you’re playing the campaign. Problem solved!!!
>
> Kind of hard to notice the small details when they’re jumping around and shooting at you.

When they’re dead?

> > > > > > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
> > > > >
> > > > > What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
> > > > >
> > > > > Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh
> > > >
> > > > Model viewer.
> > > > We want the model viewer.
> > >
> > > Look at the models while you’re playing the campaign. Problem solved!!!
> >
> > When they’re dead?
> >
> > Kind of hard to notice the small details when they’re jumping around and shooting at you.

You can’t flip enemies over for a better look when they’re dead, unless you want to use a grenade.

> > > > > > > It’s cool and all, but it seems fairly useless to me. I just wish they wouldn’t restrict all these cool features to Kinect and WP7. I feel like Halo has just become a way to promote Microsoft’s hardware and nothing more.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh
> > > > >
> > > > > Model viewer.
> > > > > We want the model viewer.
> > > >
> > > > Look at the models while you’re playing the campaign. Problem solved!!!
> > >
> > > When they’re dead?
> > >
> > > Kind of hard to notice the small details when they’re jumping around and shooting at you.
>
> You can’t flip enemies over for a better look when they’re dead, unless you want to use a grenade.

Look up videos on youtube? Seriously I will be too busy playing the campaign and achievement hunting to realize that the feature even exists.

>
> What do you mean ‘All these cool features’? The library/analyze outrage is quite an overreaction; if you watch the campaign ViDoc you can see a couple of pages from the new library mode. Guess what new information they have? None.
>
> Everything in the library is on Halopedia already or will be within an hour of release, so none of us without Kinect are being conned and taken advantage of. When I saw someone threaten to not buy any Halo product from now on unless 343 made non Kinect users get the analyze mode, I was just saddened. Like the OP said, 343 is doing an amazing job so far. They have done something fans have been asking for for years, added a full new firefight and multiplayer, added a whole set of achievements, terminals, and skulls, and totally redid the graphics and sounds… and yet people are complaining about library. sigh

AMEN, LOL CANT WAIT 4 CEA :smiley: