I think i know how specializations work

Ever played Skyrim?That might be of help.

At the start of the game, you found 3 stones wich are the thief, the mage, and the warrior stone.

If you chose, for example, mage, all your magic based skills will progress faster, the same with thief and warrior.

So probably if i chose “assault soldier” as specialization, i will be able to have an extra charge of ammo faster than people with other specializations.

Basically, boosters with a pretty name.

Discuss?

Its possible and wouldn’t bother me much.

that sounds pretty good and fun?

Halo getting rid of balance like this.
Well as long as they are weak to each other like starter Pokemon.

Well thats probably the least way to effect gameplay as possible. I can’t imagine, however, if such a change is so insignificant, why it was needed in the first place?

Really, really don’t like the sound of specializations. Doesn’t sound like Halo balance.

Responding to all:

Eyeless Sid: Same Here

Red Hornett:Is that sarcasm or you just don’ give a Yoink?

Magic Spazm: I only see it as a, well, booster for your ladout

Nickious: For the same reason Elites were in Halo’s 3 multiplayer

NJC xSnip3DowNx: They sound as balanced as Cusrom loadouts do, interpretate it as you want.

Could be. It does sound to me like a class system type of thing, but sounds more like the route Bad Company takes - with engineers, recon etc.

Maybe your spartan can choose to SPECIALISE into a certain field. EG, Recon/Sniper. This gives them access to more sniper-ish types of armour (ghillie armour?) as well as relevant perks (enhanced radar?).

Thats my guess.

> Responding to all:
>
> Eyeless Sid: Same Here
>
> Red Hornett:Is that sarcasm or you just don’ give a Yoink?
>
> Magic Spazm: I only see it as a, well, booster for your ladout
>
> Nickious: For the same reason Elites were in Halo’s 3 multiplayer
>
> NJC xSnip3DowNx: They sound as balanced as Cusrom loadouts do, interpretate it as you want.

I don’t interpret it as being very good. I’m already very skeptical of load outs as it is.

> Responding to all:
>
> Eyeless Sid: Same Here
>
> Red Hornett:Is that sarcasm or you just don’ give a Yoink?
>
> Magic Spazm: I only see it as a, well, booster for your ladout
>
> Nickious: For the same reason Elites were in Halo’s 3 multiplayer
>
> NJC xSnip3DowNx: They sound as balanced as Cusrom loadouts do, interpretate it as you want.

lol just sarcasm

> > Responding to all:
> >
> > Eyeless Sid: Same Here
> >
> > RedHornettt: Is that sarcasm or you just don’ give a Yoink?
> >
> > Magic Spazm: I only see it as a, well, booster for your ladout
> >
> > Nickious: For the same reason Elites were in Halo’s 3 multiplayer
> >
> > NJC xSnip3DowNx: They sound as balanced as Cusrom loadouts do, interpretate it as you want.
>
> lol just sarcasm

Fixed my name

> Halo getting rid of balance like this.
> Well as long as they are weak to each other like starter Pokemon.

Don’t count balance out yet. 343i has something called Cortana Web that allows them to see exactly how effective something is in the percentage.

> Could be. It does sound to me like a class system type of thing, but sounds more like the route Bad Company takes - with engineers, recon etc.
>
> Maybe your spartan can choose to SPECIALISE into a certain field. EG, Recon/Sniper. This gives them access to more sniper-ish types of armour (ghillie armour?) as well as relevant perks (enhanced radar?).
>
> Thats my guess.

They are unlockable, switchables per se, so i think them being boosters is more logical