I think I have a solution for the flood!

The flood follows a hivemind, correct? Well I have an idea. Since I think the grave mind cant be killed by normal means, couldn’t you burn it? Killing it would deactivate the flood right? (Or turn them into feral mode) after killing it attract all the flood in the known area then burn them! Their hosts usually have flesh, so burning them would be easy!
For example: if you have problems killing the grave mind, utilize a nuclear weapons. It would kill it right away, and if it’s still living, it will be affected by the radiation and fallout dust, causing it to die from radiation exposure. (The radiation would start damaging it’s body, it’s own system it lives off of.) It basically would be the same as putting him on a barbeque then poison his food while he’s eating it.

(Oops, almost forgot, attract as much known flood as possible, then nuke them)

There. Problem solved.

But even if Gravemind dies, it’s memories still remain in next Gravemind. So can you really kill it?

Then let’s keep glassing!

One problem the gravemind has memories of all the flood victims so if it infects one person that knows what nukes are then it will know about nukes. It being literally the smartest thing in the universe would more than likely plan for a nuke attack and make counter measures, not only that the flood must infect alot of biomass to even become a gravemind so, that means over 1000 humans (assumeing you mean the flood attack earth alone) being infected. All in all the nukes wont work nor would getting all the flood together in one place.

I thought even after the death of a Gravemind or Proto-Gravemind the Flood still can act autonomously i.e. make another Gravemind.

Don’t shoot…let em buurrnnnn!

> 2535472020542270;4:
> One problem the gravemind has memories of all the flood victims so if it infects one person that knows what nukes are then it will know about nukes. It being literally the smartest thing in the universe would more than likely plan for a nuke attack and make counter measures, not only that the flood must infect alot of biomass to even become a gravemind so, that means over 1000 humans (assumeing you mean the flood attack earth alone) being infected. All in all the nukes wont work nor would getting all the flood together in one place.

As long noone that knows of the plan to nuke the Gravemind is infected,the Nuke will be surprise for the Gravemind.BTW,it was planned that in Halo 2 the Chief will carry an explosive device to kill the gravemind.
OP,why using an Nuke?
An Novabomb would be more effective.And again btw,the UNSC actually planned to novabomb Delta Halo in order to stop the Flood,but the plan changed.

If a solution to killing flood would be as simple as nuking it then it would have been done already. Even tech tier 1 species couldnt destroy it completely and forerunners had quite much a firepower on their use. Burning flood works on smaller infestations like sentinels using beams to contain some outbreaks but a total annihilation of flood is much much harder. Its not without reason that flood is the greatest threat to the sentient beings in milky way galaxy.
And even trying to burn them is not that simple, the flood is not helpless and inhabitats of milky way galaxy still use personnel which can cause the risk of wider spread. Also the flood can use the equipment of many different species so it can also use armored equipment and even starships.

So not really that simple.

“Did you think me defeated?!”
“I have beaten fleets of thousands! Consumed a galaxy of flesh and mind and bone!”

> 2533274805386380;6:
> Don’t shoot…let em buurrnnnn!

Nice saving private ryan reference.

To everyone:

The grave mind needs bio mass, but nuclear radiation can burn it or even almost vaporize it! Meaning you could nuke possible areas that the grave mind can relocate. Radiation damages life, radiation and life cant co-exist without one disappearing. Meaning radiation is one of the only way to kill it

> 2535416498185301;10:
> To everyone:
>
> The grave mind needs bio mass, but nuclear radiation can burn it or even almost vaporize it! Meaning you could nuke possible areas that the grave mind can relocate. Radiation damages life, radiation and life cant co-exist without one disappearing. Meaning radiation is one of the only way to kill it

You can just use conventinol weapons to kill it,hence, you could just throw rocks at the gravemind until it dies.
The problem is,if you disentegrate the gravemind,only the biomass is gone,the memorys of it remains and the next Gravemind know what happend.So an nuclear strike is just an short term solution.

> 2535416498185301;1:
> The flood follows a hivemind, correct? Well I have an idea. Since I think the grave mind cant be killed by normal means, couldn’t you burn it? Killing it would deactivate the flood right? (Or turn them into feral mode) after killing it attract all the flood in the known area then burn them! Their hosts usually have flesh, so burning them would be easy!
> For example: if you have problems killing the grave mind, utilize a nuclear weapons. It would kill it right away, and if it’s still living, it will be affected by the radiation and fallout dust, causing it to die from radiation exposure. (The radiation would start damaging it’s body, it’s own system it lives off of.) It basically would be the same as putting him on a barbeque then poison his food while he’s eating it.
>
> (Oops, almost forgot, attract as much known flood as possible, then nuke them)
>
> There. Problem solved.

Collapsing stars didn’t even slow the Flood down. Nukes won’t have any lasting effect. Also, the Flood are undead, so radiation wouldn’t have the effect you’re expecting on them.

The best way to kill it would be to feed it an infected host. Deliver a virus directly to the Gravemind. Ancient Humans tried and failed to accomplish this IIRC.

> 2535416498185301;10:
> To everyone:
>
> The grave mind needs bio mass, but nuclear radiation can burn it or even almost vaporize it! Meaning you could nuke possible areas that the grave mind can relocate. Radiation damages life, radiation and life cant co-exist without one disappearing. Meaning radiation is one of the only way to kill it

And what happens when the Gravemind launches attacks on heavily populated colonies or homeworlds? All it needs is a single Flood spore to spread once again.

> 2535416498185301;3:
> Then let’s keep glassing!

If weren’t for the Arbiters counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!

OP seems to have a -Yoink!- for nuking everything as a solution. Both in this thread and the one about current day Earth facing a Covenant battleship.
I would like to express my slight discomfort regarding his thought processes.

:stuck_out_tongue: