I think Halo needs to take a step back...

Remember Halo 1, 2, and even 3. The original trilogy.

They were ALL UNIQUE and different than many other shooters. I keep reading all these new features and I can’t help feeling like 343i is trying WAY too hard to be like cod.

People play Halo to play Halo. Spartan Ops, that is in MW3. See through vision, that is like a hack used by players in mw2. The list goes on and on.

343i is looking at Halo the wrong way. Don’t try and popularize Halo, it IS already a popular series the way it is, not by making it like something it is not.

This. The classic Halo formula is so beautiful, and CAN be expanded on creatively and balanced, if done correctly. There’s no need to add addictive features such as spartan ops or custom loadouts, because Halo is already a beautiful game. Well, was.

Less is more. A simple and balanced game is more fun than a game with lots of trinkets, that is frustrating because of them.

so u JUST said that h2 and 3 were good bcuz they were unique, but u dont want halo 4 to change from that formula and be uniqe itself

I agree completely.

You want a game like Halo 1-3, go play Halo 1-3. Halo 4 has very little info out, which has mislead many of us. This isn’t worth complaining about yet.

> This. The classic Halo formula is so beautiful, and CAN be expanded on creatively and balanced, if done correctly. There’s no need to add addictive features such as spartan ops or custom loadouts, because Halo is already a beautiful game. Well, was.
>
> Less is more. A simple and balanced game is more fun than a game with lots of trinkets, that is frustrating because of them.

I don’t mind new features like improved forge, more FF options, etc as long as they don’t change the core gameplay of the game.

I admit Spartan Ops sounds interesting but the issue is, it is a GENERIC copy of a mw3 mode and the only change to it is adding the word spartan to the name. If that is the extent of the copying and creativity of copying features from cod, Halo 4 is in trouble.

> so u JUST said that h2 and 3 were good bcuz they were unique, but u dont want halo 4 to change from that formula and be uniqe itself

it’s not being unique. It’s copying CoD.

people are crazy http://youtu.be/qplBVqPhbBY never get like this halo fans

343 knows what info they’re realeasing everyday. I’m sure they know the effects they’re going to have on the community. They choose what info gets released, and right now with direction they’re going at, it’s not looking good.

> so u JUST said that h2 and 3 were good bcuz they were unique, but u dont want halo 4 to change from that formula and be uniqe itself

No, the change in the formula is taking things from cod and other generic shooters and mixing them with the Halo formula which I think is foolish.

I don’t want a copy of Halo 3, but I want a Halo game. It has to feel like Halo and X-ray vision and perks are not Halo.

> I don’t mind new features like improved forge, more FF options, etc as long as they don’t change the core gameplay of the game.
>
> I admit Spartan Ops sounds interesting but the issue is, it is a GENERIC copy of a mw3 mode and the only change to it is adding the word spartan to the name. If that is the extent of the copying and creativity of copying features from cod, Halo 4 is in trouble.

Have you played the Spartan Ops missions? No? not yet? so how do you know they are a generic copy of MW3? Also, how do you know that Forerunner vision allows you to see explosives through walls like hacker or sitrep does for CoD? You sure do have a lot of info for a game that doesn’t have a lot of info released…

Some of the ‘new’ and more prominent features are actually taken from Call of Duty. Yes, I said it.

• Joining mid-game
  • custom loadouts
  • sprint
  • even though it hasn’t been confirmed yet, the medal scoring system we saw in the vidoc

They are making the game noob-friendly in order to get more players. This is not the way.

I think people need to understand the fact that Halo is a game. To say that something isn’t Halo is just foolish. Xray is now apart of Halo 4, guess what? That just made Xray “Halo”.

I don’t mind 343i too use ideas from other games.
The thing i didn’t like, is the setting.

Imo, they add to much “space bling bling” in the game. The original Halo’s had a perfect mix between “Space” and “human” themes, if you catch my drift.
Such as maps like High Ground, The Pit. They kept the human theme in the game. And that is why i didn’t like Halo: Reach, because they focused too much on the “spaced” theme on the maps.

Spartan Ops sounds interesting, although they could change the name. I do not like Forunner vision, Instant Spawn and random weapon drop.

Removing Firefight is a really bad move from 343i. I don’t play it myself, but there’s alot of Firefight fans out there that will be dissapointed.

I’m not gonna sit here and say “This game sucks” already, but i don’t like the way 343i is heading.

> You want a game like Halo 1-3, go play Halo 1-3. Halo 4 has very little info out, which has mislead many of us. This isn’t worth complaining about yet.

I think it is totally worth being concerned about. Heck even other game devs thought the Game informer thing was a lie because of how ridiculous it sounds.

I play halo, not cod. All these features make Halo play like cod, heck even more unbalanced than cod.

Halo was popular because it was really simple (in my opinion). I don’t mind sprint too much but X-ray vision, no Elites. no FF, “perks”, that is where I begin to question what 343i is thinking because this does not sound like Halo.

i totally agree. reach ruined halo and h4 may not have been worth waiting for

> You want a game like Halo 1-3, go play Halo 1-3. Halo 4 has very little info out, which has mislead many of us. This isn’t worth complaining about yet.

The only Halo that is still playable online for xbox gamers is Halo 3, and that game obviously has had a low population since the release of Reach. We can’t go back. And with Halo 4, Reach will be deserted, like Halo 3 was deserted. Reach is currently unplayable, but still better than Halo 4 seems to become.

> I think people need to understand the fact that Halo is a game. To say that something isn’t Halo is just foolish. Xray is now apart of Halo 4, guess what? That just made Xray “Halo”.

No, X-ray does not belong in Halo. I would actually not want X-ray in any game, it gives the player too much power and destroys most tactics.

As for your statement, just because you add a feature doesn’t mean it belongs in Halo. Halo “was” a unique shooter, that is why people played it. If it wasn’t, Halo would not be popular and everyone will have cod. Halo has it’s own feel, it’s own voice. When you add it with things that don’t make sense, it’s flair and elegance quickly faid into mediocrity.

> I think people need to understand the fact that Halo is a game. To say that something isn’t Halo is just foolish. Xray is now apart of Halo 4, guess what? That just made Xray “Halo”.

How can you have this mindset.

So if they got rid of MC, cortana, the shield system, vehicles, etc…would you accept that as “Halo”

> Remember Halo 1, 2, and even 3. The original trilogy.
>
> They were ALL UNIQUE and different than many other shooters. I keep reading all these new features and I can’t help feeling like 343i is trying WAY too hard to be like cod.
>
> People play Halo to play Halo. Spartan Ops, that is in MW3. See through vision, that is like a hack used by players in mw2. The list goes on and on.
>
> 343i is looking at Halo the wrong way. Don’t try and popularize Halo, it IS already a popular series the way it is, not by making it like something it is not.

You don’t want F. Vision because it’s like a hack in MW3? Spartan OPs is completly different from Spec Ops, its just that the name is original. And to me Halo 1-3 was alot like Turok, Quake, and alot other games, but Halo is still Halo. People didn’t call Turok or Quake Halo or any other FPS. People didn’t call ME3, BF3, Crysis, GOW or anyother game that has CoD-like features CoD clone.

They aren’t really trying to be like CoD either, that’s where people have no idea what they are talking about. Random weapons spawns come from Invasion Slayer. F. Vision, we have no Idea what is does or how it works. Insta-Spawn is the only Problem I have with the game. Custom Loadouts will work like Gears of War not CoD.