I think Halo 4 will be a flop

or at least not like im expecting it to be,i dont know why i think like this,i mean i love halo and i know 343 is doing a really great job,but i still think it will not meet peoples expactations and espacially mine

shortly before reach’s release i was really excited and happy like i always was before a new Halo game came out but when i played it the first time i just was shocked

just dont know how i should think about Halo 4,maybe this forum just makes me crazy

what about you?

I expect the new Halos to be great, but they won’t be joined with the old in my heart. They will both be great, and I’ll love them, but they’ll be separate for me.

Honestly it’s too early to tell. I’ve heard the 343 is darkening the stories tone from Halo and that they’ll be incorporating puzzles and the like. Which, in my own personal game preference, I don’t like. But I don’t know.

I really have no idea what to expect from Halo 4 and that’s mainly because 343i never really designed and created a Halo game before (besides for a few former Bungie employees that work there) and I guess we’ll see if the franchise is in capable hands with the release of Halo 4.
Also I can only see it being a major fail or a major success and nowhere in between

I honestly think Halo 4 might be a bit of a disappointment, and i mean the multiplayer.
Sure the campaign would be awesome but i think the community now days effects the multiplayer too much! I’m going to say the CE Multiplayer had me by the balls. I LOVED IT.

But i have some faith with 343 becaue Reach did impress me.

> I honestly think Halo 4 might be a bit of a disappointment, and i mean the multiplayer.
> Sure the campaign would be awesome but i think the community now days effects the multiplayer too much! I’m going to say the CE Multiplayer had me by the balls. I LOVED IT.
>
> But i have <mark>some faith with 343 becaue Reach</mark> did impress me.

How can you have faith in 343i over a game they didn’t develop? It jsut doesn’t make sense to me, at all.

Same thing to OP. Anyone that thinks that Reach is a formidable reason why halo 4 will be a fail or a success, obviously don’t understand that these 2 games are/were developed by 2 different companies.

Anyone who has a definitive opinion of what quality Halo 4 will be of this early on is just foolish. We haven’t seen anything from the game except for a few concepts. We’ve also never played a game 343 Industries has created themselves. For all we know now, Halo 4 could be anything from the best Halo game ever released or an embarrassment to the franchise. Only time will answer our deepest questions about the future of the Halo series. So please suspend judgement for now.

So you think it’s going to flop based on what the concept art trailer? It’s far to early to say anything about its success.

Cool opinion, bro!

If it’s as good as Reach, it’s doing very well for a FPS.

Even if it has some problems mechanically at first, or isnt the second coming of HCE it will still be the best FPS for the Xbox and that was true with pre-patch Reach and H2 pre-patch for many people including myself even when their was obvious flaws that needed to be fixed. If anyone remembers H2 pre-patch it had major problems that needed to be fixed and tons of cheating and it played VERY differently from HCE much like Halo Reach did but people still stuck around. Only Diehard fans will understand me when I say, Halos gameplay and gameplay experiences you cant get anywhere else and nothing can replace it. Its kind of like the World of Warcraft of Shooters, other games try to emulate it but nothing can capture the pure essence of the game. I played WoW for years(Vanilla+BC+WotLK) and I feel thats how it is for fans of that game even though I dont play it anymore due to time restrictions.

I couldn’t care less, to be honest. People are idiots if Halo 4 doesn’t meet their expectations. You can’t impress everyone.

I don’t think so…Your post is most likely going to be a flop. A literal studio is making this game day in and day out. Spending time and money, so please give them a break for crying out loud. Because they know already and you don’t! They have done this type of thing before. They know milking the moment can make the community tick. Don’t lose the faith though…However, you could at least troll on these forums to vent a little and get made fun of in the process. That way, when you look at the game closely it won’t make you go mad. Even I have trolled these forums a time or two, but I don’t mean any of it and I might get a laugh or some equal feedback from the community. Soo…just chiiill out.

You want to enjoy Halo 4, here’s how: put a big fat full stop (or a period, if you’re North American) after your memories of the Halo trilogy and start conceiving of Halo 4 as a new game. Its only real connection to previous Halo titles is that it’s set in the same universe and thus its narrative has to abide by the same rules (although 343 Industries are bending those rules to their utmost). Treat this game like you would any other that didn’t have the word “Halo” in the title.

> If it’s as good as Reach, it’s doing very well for a FPS.

We veteran fans are accustomed to excellence with Halo titles. Reach is a so-so multiplayer game. Halo CE and 2 were great, with 3 being very good as well. So if Halo 4 is as good as Reach was, then FLOP.

> We veteran fans are accustomed to excellence with Halo titles. Reach is a so-so multiplayer game. Halo CE and 2 were great, with 3 being very good as well. So if Halo 4 is as good as Reach was, then FLOP.

Oh, don’t pull the old “I’m a veteran fan and you aren’t”; I’ve been playing Halo since 2001 and I enjoyed Reach a great deal. However, I still don’t know why people insist on using it as an indication of what Halo 4 will be like; Halo 3 is the predecessor to Halo 4, not Reach. Reach was a spin-off, and a very good one at that.

Agreed. This is still Halo.

Hey, way to be positive! I think it’ll be the best one yet.

> > We veteran fans are accustomed to excellence with Halo titles. Reach is a so-so multiplayer game. Halo CE and 2 were great, with 3 being very good as well. So if Halo 4 is as good as Reach was, then FLOP.
>
> Oh, don’t pull the old “I’m a veteran fan and you aren’t”; I’ve been playing Halo since 2001 and I enjoyed Reach a great deal. However, I still don’t know why people insist on using it as an indication of what Halo 4 will be like; Halo 3 is the predecessor to Halo 4, not Reach. Reach was a spin-off, and a very good one at that.

Yes, Reach sure was a spin-off of Halo, and a very poor one at that. (…)

> Yes, Reach sure was a spin-off of Halo, and a very poor one at that. (…)

You’re entitled to your opinion, of course, but while you may dislike certain aspects of the game, I don’t think anyone could claim that it was poorly made. Sales figures and review scores certainly attest to the fact that it was well received, at least by those people who aren’t hyper-competitive MLG players.