I think Halo 2 remake is in the works.

Their are several reasons for me thinking this. First was what Frankie said when making CEA. He said that they didn’t want to make maps that were already available on the 360 as it would have been redundant. Fast forward to Halo 4 and all of a sudden the only 2 remakes are from Halo 3. Why wouldn’t they do CE maps? More than likely because 5 of those were remade in CEA. In that case why wouldn’t they do Halo 2 maps? It’s the perfect timing for a Halo 2 remake. Why bother with it on the 360 when the XB1 is going to be coming out soon? It would just have the same fate as the original Halo 2. I really think 343 are trying to keep it under wraps. It was the most successful game on the original Xbox live. It’s easy money and it’s a huge fan service. It wouldn’t make sense to not remake it at this point. Even if it’s just an arcade title for XB1.

If a Halo 2 remake is not in the works I think that MS and 343 are at least thinking of the right thing to do for a Halo 2 remake. This isn’t a thought just because I would like a remake. Don’t get me wrong I really do want one but I could live without it. I just think that we will certainly see one. At this point it’s just all about when we will see it.

I am 117% sure that a Halo 2 remake thing will be happening sooner than later, if it’s not already. ;D

I am also quite sure that there will soon be a Halo 2 remake.

It will happen… With or without multiplayer…

> It will happen… With or without multiplayer…

To be multiplayer or not to be multiplayer that is the question.

What puzzles me if they do remake Halo 2 and add achievements and track them, does that mean Halo 2 PC will never see the light of Halo Waypoint achievement tracking?

> > It will happen… With or without multiplayer…
>
> To be multiplayer or not to be multiplayer that is the question.
>
> What puzzles me if they do remake Halo 2 and add achievements and track them, does that mean Halo 2 PC will never see the light of Halo Waypoint achievement tracking?

No MP would make it a pointless endeavor. While the H2 campaign is fine it’s still not the reason the game should be remade IMO. The MP for Halo 2 was so important it’s not even funny. To leave Halo 2 MP out of a remake would be suicidal for 343. You remember how people were about the whole CEA no getting proper MP? If the same happened to H2 people would go insane. 343 at least had an excuse. Halo CE wasn’t built for online play(even though it was ported to the PC and the online was very popular). Halo 2 at least has all the groundwork for online MP. They would just need to get it to work properly with 360’s XBL(which we already know is possible) or with XB1.

Does it really matter and Vista Cheevos? Most of those MP achievements force you to boost and most people cheated for the Campaign Cheevos.

I positive that there will NOT be a Halo 2 Anniversary, and I’m GLAD that there will not be a Halo 2 Anniversary. The only reason we got Halo CEA was because it was celebrating ten years of Halo, not Halo CE. That’s why we got a remake of Headlong, a Halo 2 map in Halo: Anniversary. There is also no point in remaking Halo 2 as it would only be the campaign, and I’m pretty sure that 99% of the demand for Halo 2A is for it’s multi-player… Isn’t it…

It’s not happening, now get over it.

> No MP would make it a pointless endeavor. While the H2 campaign is fine it’s still not the reason the game should be remade IMO. The MP for Halo 2 was so important it’s not even funny. To leave Halo 2 MP out of a remake would be suicidal for 343. You remember how people were about the whole CEA no getting proper MP? If the same happened to H2 people would go insane. 343 at least had an excuse. Halo CE wasn’t built for online play(even though it was ported to the PC and the online was very popular). Halo 2 at least has all the groundwork for online MP. They would just need to get it to work properly with 360’s XBL(which we already know is possible) or with XB1.
>
>
> Does it really matter and Vista Cheevos? <mark>Most of those MP achievements force you to boost and most people cheated for the Campaign Cheevos.</mark>

The same could be said about Halo 4.

Halo Waypoint is the hub for all things Halo. What I find to be a unique feature is the Waypoint career system. To me and others it is a cool system that rewards players who enjoy not playing one Halo game, but many. Halo 2 Vista may not be as trail blazing as it’s console counter part, but it did set some milestones. Halo 2 Vista was the first Halo game to feature achievements and currently holds the longest running active multiplayer. I would not mind if Halo 2 Vista was left out, if the site was renamed to Console Halo Waypoint, but this is not the case. The title is inclusive to all Halo games and content. Halo 2 Vista deserves a place on the Waypoint career system.

A Halo 2 remake is a possibility, but at the moment it sure does not look like 343i is planning one. Currently they are busy with a global tournament, Spartan Assault, Champions bundle, and Halo XB1.

I do not recall a commotion being stirred after the launch of Halo CEA. I am sure many opposed the multiplayer integration with Halo: Reach, but I thought that those playlists were the best Halo I have played in a long time.

Not to be a jerk, but if Halo 2 were to be remade with all of it’s multiplayer kept the same, I do not believe it will hold much replay value. Its late and I am too lazy to get the numbers, but long ago I pointed out some interesting trends in Halo 2’s population post Halo 3 and days before original XBL was taken down. Not many people returned to play on the final days.

To sum up, many people say that a Halo 2 remake would be a godsend, but would it really? Halo CEA was the poorest selling Halo game on the consoles. I am sure a Halo 2 Anniv. might sell more, but not a large population would buy the game let alone play it consistently to maintain a large community. If Halo 2 Anniv. were to be made, it would probably have a Halo Wars size population a year after launch. This is all my speculation of course, I could be wrong.

> I do not recall a commotion being stirred after the launch of Halo CEA. I am sure many opposed the multiplayer integration with Halo: Reach, but I thought that those playlists were the best Halo I have played in a long time.
>
> Not to be a jerk, but if Halo 2 were to be remade with all of it’s multiplayer kept the same, I do not believe it will hold much replay value. Its late and I am too lazy to get the numbers, but long ago I pointed out some interesting trends in Halo 2’s population post Halo 3 and days before original XBL was taken down. Not many people returned to play on the final days.
>
> To sum up, many people say that a Halo 2 remake would be a godsend, but would it really? Halo CEA was the poorest selling Halo game on the consoles. I am sure a Halo 2 Anniv. might sell more, but not a large population would buy the game let alone play it consistently to maintain a large community. If Halo 2 Anniv. were to be made, it would probably have a Halo Wars size population a year after launch. This is all my speculation of course, I could be wrong.

Your first paragraph slightly contradicts your second paragraph. Although you may have thought that those Anniversary playlists were fun they were barely played at all. The population was extremely low. I’m sure if the actual MP were on it’s own it would have held much more population. Kinda just like H2 would.

Halo 2 was practically dead after the launch of H3 and right before it went offline. I know the numbers were bad. That’s what happens when you have a game that was online for 5+ years and a new title of the game also came out. It’s been so long now since H2 was online that people would eat it up. Slap some fresh paint on H2 and people would be playing it for years. I know at least the first 5+ months the game would hold a very strong population. It may die down after that but you would certainly be able to find matches for years to come.

> I positive that there will NOT be a Halo 2 Anniversary, and I’m GLAD that there will not be a Halo 2 Anniversary. The only reason we got Halo CEA was because it was celebrating ten years of Halo, not Halo CE. That’s why we got a remake of Headlong, a Halo 2 map in Halo: Anniversary. <mark>There is also no point in remaking Halo 2 as it would only be the campaign,</mark> and I’m pretty sure that 99% of the demand for Halo 2A is for it’s multi-player… Isn’t it…
>
> It’s not happening, now get over it.

Why would it only be campaign?
Yes it’s true they had that excuse with the original Halo:CE didn’t have online play, and it would lag.
But then again, look at what 4J studios did to the Perfect Dark remake. That game was on Nintendo 64, and now it have both online coop and multiplayer, and it’s pretty much lag free. Not only that, but the gameplay and glitches was pretty much intact, that was a perfect remake. Probably the best one i seen yet.
Surely 343 can figure out to include the multiplayer with matchmaking. After all that game did have online play.

Im thinking the remake will come out after X1 release, because 360 games/360 arcade games are not compatible with X1 games. It would make sense to launch a Halo 2 remake on the next console, seeing as that console needs all the positive attention it can right now.

I’m waiting on the HD Halo 4 remake that’s been rumored to be coming on the X1 sometime in 2016, that is something to be excited for folks…

No, 343i won’t listen to their fans. They would rather make a new Halo game that the fans DIDN’T want. They, for some reason, can’t get it through their skulls that this is what the fans actually want. A good ol’ Halo 2 remake. If they actually announced one i would change my opinion of 343i immediately. Unfortunately though they’re not going to do that.
343 Industries, if you are reading this, PLEASE make a Halo 2 remake. Nearly every single Halo fan wants it!!!

> No, 343i won’t listen to their fans. They would rather make a new Halo game that the fans DIDN’T want. They, for some reason, can’t get it through their skulls that this is what the fans actually want. A good ol’ Halo 2 remake. If they actually announced one i would change my opinion of 343i immediately. Unfortunately though they’re not going to do that.
> 343 Industries, if you are reading this, PLEASE make a Halo 2 remake. Nearly every single Halo fan wants it!!!

You also need to consider whats best for the franchise.

Moving on is whats best. Remaking a dated game and splitting up the new games’ populations is not.

If they can do it without splitting a ton of populations and such, and not take attention from the main games, thats fine.