I think chief needs new armor.

That mark VI must be holding together by dental floss at this point. The mark V was wasted after just one game. Chief has been using the mark VI over 3 games. He really needs to be put into some gen 2 armor or into some experimental mark 7 or 8. It does not make sense for him to stay in the aging armor. I hope he gets new armor in the new halo game.

I’ve been wearing Mark VI for the last 4 games. Do I need to upgrade too?

He just needs new shoulder pauldrons. His current ones actually do appear like they’re being held on by dental floss.

mistake

> I’ve been wearing Mark VI for the last 4 games. Do I need to upgrade too?

Well technically you did received an upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

With the drastic change in appearance from Halo 3 to Halo 4, I don’t think it’s too unreasonable to assume that his armor was restored somehow as well. We just need to come up with some dubious canonical explanation.

He wore the Mark IV for what? 27 years and that didn’t have energy shields.

> That mark VI must be holding together by dental floss at this point. <mark>The mark V was wasted after just one game.</mark> Chief has been using the mark VI over 3 games. He really needs to be put into some gen 2 armor or into some experimental mark 7 or 8. It does not make sense for him to stay in the aging armor. I hope he gets new armor in the new halo game.

The Mark V armour was wasted after one game, but was used for around 10 years prior to the events of Halo CE (Mark V first started being produced in 2542).

Chief got the Mark VI in Halo 2 (October 2552) and carried on doing so to the end of Halo 3 (December 2552), which is only a time frame of around 3 months over both games. Then Chief is cryo-frozen for 4 years wearing the Mark VI armour.

So Technically the Mark VI armour is only 4-5 years old, hardly ageing, and still fully upgradeable to newer firmware (as is said/done by Cortana at the start of Halo 4).

He may hold a special connection to the armor now, given how Cortana altered it while he was in cryo-sleep.

After Halo 2, it is the only brand John uses now. 343 won’t change it and I’ll be surprised if they do.

“My name is Master Chief and this is my favorite armor in the UNSC”

i want halo 3’s back, looked so much better, cant stand the current one :confused: looks stupid to me, fair enough it needs to advance etc but it just doesnt look right

As I mentioned in the AWOL thread, It would make a lot of sense for MC to purposefully conceal his identity if he was AWOL, and/or on Venezia. Venezia is pirate/rebel headquarters, and populated both by human innies and ex-covie pirates. Im mentioning that because the design language in the concept art is kinda ambiguous (can be a combo of human and alien city).

When it comes to the armor, I too noticed that it is basically the same as Halo 4. This may be because:

• Its just a placeholder for a future design.
  • The armor now holds sentimental value (DecepticonCobra theory)
  • Its on purpose.
    My money is on the latter. Every major installment in the series has carried a new design of armor, and 343i aren’t exactly known for saying “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”. Also theres a crack in the visor.

So Im thinking he’s either in rebel-land, or he’s making his own orders now. Or both.

(just my 0.02$)

Edit: lol, Not sure where I was going with those numbers. #2 is easily within category of #3. Tired. Sorry.

> As I mentioned in the AWOL thread, It would make a lot of sense for MC to purposefully conceal his identity if he was AWOL, and/or on Venezia. Venezia is pirate/rebel headquarters, and populated both by human innies and ex-covie pirates. Im mentioning that because the design language in the concept art is kinda ambiguous (can be a combo of human and alien city).
>
> When it comes to the armor, I too noticed that it is basically the same as Halo 4. This may be because:
> - Its just a placeholder for a future design.
> - The armor now holds sentimental value (DecepticonCobra theory)
> - Its on purpose.
> My money is on the latter. Every major installment in the series has carried a new design of armor, and 343i aren’t exactly known for saying “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”. Also theres a crack in the visor.
>
> So Im thinking he’s either in rebel-land, or he’s making his own orders now. Or both.
>
> (just my 0.02$)

i see where your comming from, i think it might be cos if he did go rogue then he just had to quickly get armor and obviously his own is there, his old one so quickly get tha and a gun and get out but it could also be sentimental value cos of cortana
Thas my theory anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Given this game has open-world characteristics, he /might/ get new armor but I wouldn’t expect it until the Epilogue.

To whatever he may be wearing, it might either be what Naomi has, or a loosely similar tailored kit. He could also obtain the “new” Mark V.

Perhaps the UNSC will make something special for him after halo 4 because at the end of the campaign we saw him take off his armour, perhaps he gets an upgrade or some spartan IV armour.

> Perhaps the UNSC will make something special for him after halo 4 because at the end of the campaign we saw him take off his armour, perhaps he gets an upgrade or some spartan IV armour.

Highly doubt it. He disobeyed a superior’s orders. If anything they might have been stripping him of his armor, thus showing his face. This would tie into the teaser that we saw considering he is covering his whole body except his hands and his head. The helmet visor was cracked. Maybe there was a struggle to get it ‘back.’

Maybe he’s going to where-ever he is in order to seek aid.

> > Perhaps the UNSC will make something special for him after halo 4 because at the end of the campaign we saw him take off his armour, perhaps he gets an upgrade or some spartan IV armour.
>
> <mark>Highly doubt it. He disobeyed a superior’s orders. If anything they might have been stripping him of his armor,</mark> thus showing his face. This would tie into the teaser that we saw considering he is covering his whole body except his hands and his head. The helmet visor was cracked. Maybe there was a struggle to get it ‘back.’
>
> Maybe he’s going to where-ever he is in order to seek aid.

Except he was Saluted by an army of Marines and Spartan IV’s at the end of 4, as well as being granted “alone” time on a deck on Infinity. They took off his armor for him to finally rest and then a de-brief. Matter of fact, Del Rio got punished for leaving Chief on Requiem, not vice versa.

Though, Frank did say he is “hiding” in that teaser. From what?

> > Perhaps the UNSC will make something special for him after halo 4 because at the end of the campaign we saw him take off his armour, perhaps he gets an upgrade or some spartan IV armour.
>
> Highly doubt it. He disobeyed a superior’s orders. If anything they might have been stripping him of his armor, thus showing his face. This would tie into the teaser that we saw considering he is covering his whole body except his hands and his head. The helmet visor was cracked. Maybe there was a struggle to get it ‘back.’
>
> Maybe he’s going to where-ever he is in order to seek aid.

And that officer got removed from command as soon as he got back to Earth.

> > Highly doubt it. He disobeyed a superior’s orders.
>
> And that officer got removed from command as soon as he got back to Earth.

Exactly. In the last mission of Halo 4, Lasky says, “FLEETCOM didn’t take too kindly to his abandoning you on Requiem.” It’s obvious that the UNSC holds nothing but the highest respect for Chief. I doubt simply disobeying a single order would be enough to get him in trouble, especially since disobeying that order turned out to be the right call.

Master Chief is masking his appearance, but not from the UNSC.

I honestly thought he would be wearing some Forerunner based armor by now.