I think Campaign Easter Eggs are very important.

So I was reading the Campaign vs Multiplayer thread and replying with my usual Forge propaganda, which come to think of it falls under multiplayer anyways, but then I got to thinking about a time when the campaign meant much more to me than it does now. I always enjoyed the story telling and beating it on Legendary, but after I do that, I can only revisit the campaign for Easter Eggs. I enjoyed H4’s Campaign to death, but the EEs were a little meh… The Johnson one was my favorite, but I didn’t care much for the hidden gun eggs. I stopped looking for EEs when 343i started giving clues in their weekly updates and they seemed to be mostly just hidden guns or RvB voices in SO if I remember that right.

I know Bungie is just a tough act to follow with their hidden race mode, trophy room, and all the crazy humorous little things littered everywhere, like the hidden aps, the George Costanza grunt, and the peeing brute.

I really hope H5 is littered with EEs that are more on the fun and humorous side. 343i, if you’re reading this, please no clues this time, lol, and if it’s not too late, please throw in a few more last minute eggs no matter how small if there’s time.

i don’t think i ever found a single easter egg in H4 lmao

I don’t mind clues for the eggs. I’m pretty sure bungie gave some hints for some of the Easter eggs in reach. I like the eggs placed where the devs never imagined the players to get too. Like the scarab gun or soccer ball.

> 2533274795204542;1:
> 343i, if you’re reading this, please no clues this time, lol,

I kinda doubt they would have been found without hints. Some of them were really obscure and convoluted.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> I don’t mind clues for the eggs. I’m pretty sure bungie gave some hints for some of the Easter eggs in reach. I like the eggs placed where the devs never imagined the players to get too. Like the scarab gun or soccer ball.

Where’s this soccer ball? Also, I like how Bungie EEs are still found years later. I personally just found a few new Destiny EEs in the MCC H3 ODST that didn’t get edited out and another one in Reach. I might make a video on those some time.

> 2533274795204542;5:
> > 2717573882290912;3:
> > I don’t mind clues for the eggs. I’m pretty sure bungie gave some hints for some of the Easter eggs in reach. I like the eggs placed where the devs never imagined the players to get too. Like the scarab gun or soccer ball.
>
>
> Where’s this soccer ball? Also, I like how Bungie EEs are still found years later. I personally just found a few new Destiny EEs in the MCC H3 ODST that didn’t get edited out and another one in Reach. I might make a video on those some time.

In Halo 2’s metropolis. The giant soccer ball only accesible via the banshee glitch.

Greenskull found a Multi-step Easter egg in his early play through, but wasn’t able to figure out the second step due to limited time.

Also Josh Holmes hinted at both collectible skulls and a soccer ball being in campaign.

> 2533274953123640;4:
> > 2533274795204542;1:
> > 343i, if you’re reading this, please no clues this time, lol,
>
>
> I kinda doubt they would have been found without hints. Some of them were really obscure and convoluted.

That’s part of the fun though, I’d rather see things finally figured out years from now. That’s what keeps people going back and playing, searching. They know something is there, just need to find it :slight_smile:

I don’t think of them as ‘important’ as much as they are just entertaining.

> 2533274810368391;2:
> i don’t think i ever found a single easter egg in H4 lmao

There are tons of them in Halo 4.

> 2533274795204542;1:
> So I was reading the Campaign vs Multiplayer thread and replying with my usual Forge propaganda, which come to think of it falls under multiplayer anyways, but then I got to thinking about a time when the campaign meant much more to me than it does now. I always enjoyed the story telling and beating it on Legendary, but after I do that, I can only revisit the campaign for Easter Eggs. I enjoyed H4’s Campaign to death, but the EEs were a little meh… The Johnson one was my favorite, but I didn’t care much for the hidden gun eggs. I stopped looking for EEs when 343i started giving clues in their weekly updates and they seemed to be mostly just hidden guns or RvB voices in SO if I remember that right.
>
> I know Bungie is just a tough act to follow with their hidden race mode, trophy room, and all the crazy humorous little things littered everywhere, like the hidden aps, the George Costanza grunt, and the peeing brute.
>
> I really hope H5 is littered with EEs that are more on the fun and humorous side. 343i, if you’re reading this, please no clues this time, lol, and if it’s not too late, please throw in a few more last minute eggs no matter how small if there’s time.
>
> .

I agree. I really want to see what easter eggs they make.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> > 2533274795204542;5:
> > > 2717573882290912;3:
> > > I don’t mind clues for the eggs. I’m pretty sure bungie gave some hints for some of the Easter eggs in reach. I like the eggs placed where the devs never imagined the players to get too. Like the scarab gun or soccer ball.
> >
> >
> > Where’s this soccer ball? Also, I like how Bungie EEs are still found years later. I personally just found a few new Destiny EEs in the MCC H3 ODST that didn’t get edited out and another one in Reach. I might make a video on those some time.
>
>
> In Halo 2’s metropolis. The giant soccer ball only accesible via the banshee glitch.

In The MCC you can access it using the Feather and Sputnik skull

I believe 343, or at least RuL said that a decent amount of time has been put into making easter eggs. This is good news.