I think 343 should leave AAs and Bloom out of Halo 4

here is why i think AAs and bloom ruined the strategy and skill of Halo, and why i think AAs and bloom should be left out of Halo 4, and why i think Halo 4 gameplay should be more like Halo 3s.

AAs ruined the strategy of halo in Reach imo,

instead of deciding where to go first in the map based on the equipment you want in H3, now all ya do is go find people to kill or defend/attack the base,

in Halo 3 you could be strategic and be rewarded for things like getting the power weapons, controlling key parts in the map, getting the useful equipment before the enemy, defending your base, flanking the enemy base, and sniping enemy’s from afar to support your team,

the list goes on and on,

this was one of Halo 3s strongest points, it added an interesting unpredictable dynamic, you always had to be prepared for everything,

in reach, map control is practically impossible imo, thanks to the map design and the jet pack, while fun to use, it makes map control ineffective,

sense the maps in reach where based off of the AAs, it becomes impossible to actually take control of key areas of the map due to the fact that the jet pack can pretty much get ya anywhere,

another thing the equipment system did right in Halo 3 was balance,

they all had a specific purpose and it took smart thinking to use defensive Equipment for offensive use or the other way around,

in reach you have AAs like AL and the jet pack,
with AL most consider it overpowered, rightfully so, its an ability that, its overpowered at first, nerf it and it becomes redundant, it is not useful enough even be considered usable,

with the jet pack as i previously explained breaks map control,

this is why i think AAs ruin the strategy that Halo once had,

bloom ruined the skill of halo imo,

in Halo 3 two men enter, and the better man leaves, in reach, two men enter, both spam the trigger hoping to get the kill, one of them wins due to luck,
in Halo 3 it felt satisfying when you got a kill becuase you where the better player, all in good sportsmanship,

in Halo 3 after a game the people on both teams usually say good game showing respect for the other team no matter who won or lost,

in reach you end up hearing people the people who won the match talking about how they owned the other team and how skilled they are, no matter how close the match is, rarely you will here people say good game

Halo reach in my honest opinion is fun, but it took some key things halo 3 had and took them out, like the equipment system, which added strategy in a way few FPS games do,
bloom ruined the skill of Halo, something halo was known for, AAs and bloom killed the strategy and skill of halo, and this is why i hope 343i makes Halo 4s gameplay like halo 3s

so, what is your opinion?

They know.

> here is why i think AAs and bloom ruined the strategy and skill of Halo, and why i think AAs and bloom should be left out of Halo 4, and why i think Halo 4 gameplay should be more like Halo 3s.
>
>
> AAs ruined the strategy of halo in Reach imo,
>
> instead of deciding where to go first in the map based on the equipment you want in H3, now all ya do is go find people to kill or defend/attack the base,
>
> in Halo 3 you could be strategic and be rewarded for things like getting the power weapons, controlling key parts in the map, getting the useful equipment before the enemy, defending your base, flanking the enemy base, and sniping enemy’s from afar to support your team,
>
> the list goes on and on,
>
> this was one of Halo 3s strongest points, it added an interesting unpredictable dynamic, you always had to be prepared for everything,
>
> in reach, map control is practically impossible imo, thanks to the map design and the jet pack, while fun to use, it makes map control ineffective,
>
> sense the maps in reach where based off of the AAs, it becomes impossible to actually take control of key areas of the map due to the fact that the jet pack can pretty much get ya anywhere,
>
> another thing the equipment system did right in Halo 3 was balance,
>
> they all had a specific purpose and it took smart thinking to use defensive Equipment for offensive use or the other way around,
>
> in reach you have AAs like AL and the jet pack,
> with AL most consider it overpowered, rightfully so, its an ability that, its overpowered at first, nerf it and it becomes redundant, it is not useful enough even be considered usable,
>
> with the jet pack as i previously explained breaks map control,
>
> this is why i think AAs ruin the strategy that Halo once had,
>
>
> bloom ruined the skill of halo imo,
>
> in Halo 3 two men enter, and the better man leaves, in reach, two men enter, both spam the trigger hoping to get the kill, one of them wins due to luck,
> in Halo 3 it felt satisfying when you got a kill becuase you where the better player, all in good sportsmanship,
>
> in Halo 3 after a game the people on both teams usually say good game showing respect for the other team no matter who won or lost,
>
> in reach you end up hearing people the people who won the match talking about how they owned the other team and how skilled they are, no matter how close the match is, rarely you will here people say good game
>
>
> Halo reach in my honest opinion is fun, but it took some key things halo 3 had and took them out, like the equipment system, which added strategy in a way few FPS games do,
> bloom ruined the skill of Halo, something halo was known for, AAs and bloom killed the strategy and skill of halo, and this is why i hope 343i makes Halo 4s gameplay like halo 3s
>
>
> so, what is your opinion?

That is my opinion^

Though i would of added the credit system to earn stuff in the armory to. As I’ve said before and will likely say again by forcing you to earn credits in matchmaking in order to make your spartan look cool. They destroyed the custom gaming crowd which much more abundant in halo 3 and even in halo 2.

No spread (the mechanic behind bloom), and no AA’s. No pre-loadouts that you spawn with. That detracts from Halo’s Sandbox formula.

Halo can live with accurate precision weapons; they just need to be balanced in other areas first (which is lacking with Reach’s current precision weapons).

> They know.

You Dont Know.

I say bring back equipment, just tweak some of them to make them look less balky and strange, also make some of them more useful… if not that, then just go back to a Halo 2 style gameplay

> I say bring back equipment, just tweak some of them to make them look less balky and strange, also make some of them more useful… if not that, then just go back to a Halo 2 style gameplay

No.
Just remove Equipment and AA’s all together (maybe leave them as options for Custom Games) and add Sprint as a standard feature for everybody on top of CE/H2 style movement speed.

Keep the gameplay itself simple. Equipment already messed up the balance that HCE and H2 had, and (together with the very mediocre maps) made H3 less fun than H2…

> here is why i think AAs and bloom ruined the strategy and skill of Halo, and why i think AAs and bloom should be left out of Halo 4, and why i think Halo 4 gameplay should be more like Halo 3s.
>
>
> AAs ruined the strategy of halo in Reach imo,
>
> instead of deciding where to go first in the map based on the equipment you want in H3, now all ya do is go find people to kill or defend/attack the base,
>
> in Halo 3 you could be strategic and be rewarded for things like getting the power weapons, controlling key parts in the map, getting the useful equipment before the enemy, defending your base, flanking the enemy base, and sniping enemy’s from afar to support your team,
>
> the list goes on and on,
>
> this was one of Halo 3s strongest points, it added an interesting unpredictable dynamic, you always had to be prepared for everything,
>
> in reach, map control is practically impossible imo, thanks to the map design and the jet pack, while fun to use, it makes map control ineffective,
>
> sense the maps in reach where based off of the AAs, it becomes impossible to actually take control of key areas of the map due to the fact that the jet pack can pretty much get ya anywhere,
>
> another thing the equipment system did right in Halo 3 was balance,
>
> they all had a specific purpose and it took smart thinking to use defensive Equipment for offensive use or the other way around,
>
> in reach you have AAs like AL and the jet pack,
> with AL most consider it overpowered, rightfully so, its an ability that, its overpowered at first, nerf it and it becomes redundant, it is not useful enough even be considered usable,
>
> with the jet pack as i previously explained breaks map control,
>
> this is why i think AAs ruin the strategy that Halo once had,
>
>
> bloom ruined the skill of halo imo,
>
> in Halo 3 two men enter, and the better man leaves, in reach, two men enter, both spam the trigger hoping to get the kill, one of them wins due to luck,
> in Halo 3 it felt satisfying when you got a kill becuase you where the better player, all in good sportsmanship,
>
> in Halo 3 after a game the people on both teams usually say good game showing respect for the other team no matter who won or lost,
>
> in reach you end up hearing people the people who won the match talking about how they owned the other team and how skilled they are, no matter how close the match is, rarely you will here people say good game
>
>
> Halo reach in my honest opinion is fun, but it took some key things halo 3 had and took them out, like the equipment system, which added strategy in a way few FPS games do,
> bloom ruined the skill of Halo, something halo was known for, AAs and bloom killed the strategy and skill of halo, and this is why i hope 343i makes Halo 4s gameplay like halo 3s
>
>
> so, what is your opinion?

I 100% agree with you. Top to bottom cannot find a thing that I don’t full heartedly agree with.

> > here is why i think AAs and bloom ruined the strategy and skill of Halo, and why i think AAs and bloom should be left out of Halo 4, and why i think Halo 4 gameplay should be more like Halo 3s.
> >
> >
> > AAs ruined the strategy of halo in Reach imo,
> >
> > instead of deciding where to go first in the map based on the equipment you want in H3, now all ya do is go find people to kill or defend/attack the base,
> >
> > in Halo 3 you could be strategic and be rewarded for things like getting the power weapons, controlling key parts in the map, getting the useful equipment before the enemy, defending your base, flanking the enemy base, and sniping enemy’s from afar to support your team,
> >
> > the list goes on and on,
> >
> > this was one of Halo 3s strongest points, it added an interesting unpredictable dynamic, you always had to be prepared for everything,
> >
> > in reach, map control is practically impossible imo, thanks to the map design and the jet pack, while fun to use, it makes map control ineffective,
> >
> > sense the maps in reach where based off of the AAs, it becomes impossible to actually take control of key areas of the map due to the fact that the jet pack can pretty much get ya anywhere,
> >
> > another thing the equipment system did right in Halo 3 was balance,
> >
> > they all had a specific purpose and it took smart thinking to use defensive Equipment for offensive use or the other way around,
> >
> > in reach you have AAs like AL and the jet pack,
> > with AL most consider it overpowered, rightfully so, its an ability that, its overpowered at first, nerf it and it becomes redundant, it is not useful enough even be considered usable,
> >
> > with the jet pack as i previously explained breaks map control,
> >
> > this is why i think AAs ruin the strategy that Halo once had,
> >
> >
> > bloom ruined the skill of halo imo,
> >
> > in Halo 3 two men enter, and the better man leaves, in reach, two men enter, both spam the trigger hoping to get the kill, one of them wins due to luck,
> > in Halo 3 it felt satisfying when you got a kill becuase you where the better player, all in good sportsmanship,
> >
> > in Halo 3 after a game the people on both teams usually say good game showing respect for the other team no matter who won or lost,
> >
> > in reach you end up hearing people the people who won the match talking about how they owned the other team and how skilled they are, no matter how close the match is, rarely you will here people say good game
> >
> >
> > Halo reach in my honest opinion is fun, but it took some key things halo 3 had and took them out, like the equipment system, which added strategy in a way few FPS games do,
> > bloom ruined the skill of Halo, something halo was known for, AAs and bloom killed the strategy and skill of halo, and this is why i hope 343i makes Halo 4s gameplay like halo 3s
> >
> >
> > so, what is your opinion?
>
> I 100% agree with you. Top to bottom cannot find a thing that I don’t full heartedly agree with.

Same here. :slight_smile:

Let’s see what Halo 4 does in term of gameplay mechanics shall we? Let’s try not antagonize things so early at this moment.

343 will make Halo 4 how they want.

> Let’s see what Halo 4 does in term of gameplay mechanics shall we? Let’s try not antagonize things so early at this moment.

I’m not antagonizing anything. I like change. But Reach’s change was bad change in my opinion, and 343i hadms said Halo 4 won’t be anything like Reach.

> 343 will make Halo 4 how they want.

Which as they have said, is nothing like Reach. :slight_smile:

> > I say bring back equipment, just tweak some of them to make them look less balky and strange, also make some of them more useful… if not that, then just go back to a Halo 2 style gameplay
>
> No.
> Just remove Equipment and AA’s all together (maybe leave them as options for Custom Games) and add Sprint as a standard feature for everybody on top of CE/H2 style movement speed.
>
> Keep the gameplay itself simple. Equipment already messed up the balance that HCE and H2 had, and (together with the very mediocre maps) made H3 less fun than H2…

This is a joke, right?

Oh, and I like single-use equipment ala-Halo 3. It’s AAs and Bloom that can die in a fire.

> > here is why i think AAs and bloom ruined the strategy and skill of Halo, and why i think AAs and bloom should be left out of Halo 4, and why i think Halo 4 gameplay should be more like Halo 3s.
> >
> >
> > AAs ruined the strategy of halo in Reach imo,
> >
> > instead of deciding where to go first in the map based on the equipment you want in H3, now all ya do is go find people to kill or defend/attack the base,
> >
> > in Halo 3 you could be strategic and be rewarded for things like getting the power weapons, controlling key parts in the map, getting the useful equipment before the enemy, defending your base, flanking the enemy base, and sniping enemy’s from afar to support your team,
> >
> > the list goes on and on,
> >
> > this was one of Halo 3s strongest points, it added an interesting unpredictable dynamic, you always had to be prepared for everything,
> >
> > in reach, map control is practically impossible imo, thanks to the map design and the jet pack, while fun to use, it makes map control ineffective,
> >
> > sense the maps in reach where based off of the AAs, it becomes impossible to actually take control of key areas of the map due to the fact that the jet pack can pretty much get ya anywhere,
> >
> > another thing the equipment system did right in Halo 3 was balance,
> >
> > they all had a specific purpose and it took smart thinking to use defensive Equipment for offensive use or the other way around,
> >
> > in reach you have AAs like AL and the jet pack,
> > with AL most consider it overpowered, rightfully so, its an ability that, its overpowered at first, nerf it and it becomes redundant, it is not useful enough even be considered usable,
> >
> > with the jet pack as i previously explained breaks map control,
> >
> > this is why i think AAs ruin the strategy that Halo once had,
> >
> >
> > bloom ruined the skill of halo imo,
> >
> > in Halo 3 two men enter, and the better man leaves, in reach, two men enter, both spam the trigger hoping to get the kill, one of them wins due to luck,
> > in Halo 3 it felt satisfying when you got a kill becuase you where the better player, all in good sportsmanship,
> >
> > in Halo 3 after a game the people on both teams usually say good game showing respect for the other team no matter who won or lost,
> >
> > in reach you end up hearing people the people who won the match talking about how they owned the other team and how skilled they are, no matter how close the match is, rarely you will here people say good game
> >
> >
> > Halo reach in my honest opinion is fun, but it took some key things halo 3 had and took them out, like the equipment system, which added strategy in a way few FPS games do,
> > bloom ruined the skill of Halo, something halo was known for, AAs and bloom killed the strategy and skill of halo, and this is why i hope 343i makes Halo 4s gameplay like halo 3s
> >
> >
> > so, what is your opinion?
>
> I 100% agree with you. Top to bottom cannot find a thing that I don’t full heartedly agree with.

I, too, also agree 110%!!

Down with bullet spread on precision weapons, down with bloom, down with gimmicky AA’s, up with new features that don’t break gameplay, and up with a sandbox balance that not only IS balanced, but fun as well. :slight_smile: It’s a really tough task to manage all that, but im sure the talented staff at 343 are capable of it!

> > > I say bring back equipment, just tweak some of them to make them look less balky and strange, also make some of them more useful… if not that, then just go back to a Halo 2 style gameplay
> >
> > No.
> > Just remove Equipment and AA’s all together (maybe leave them as options for Custom Games) and add Sprint as a standard feature for everybody on top of CE/H2 style movement speed.
> >
> > Keep the gameplay itself simple. Equipment already messed up the balance that HCE and H2 had, and (together with the very mediocre maps) made H3 less fun than H2…
>
> This is a joke, right?

No.

Equipment was the start of things going downhill in Halo’s multiplayer. At least they were single use pick ups, but they still added an unneccecary element to the gameplay. Bubbleshield campers with Shotguns for instance? Dudes blocking off bases with Mines? And the list goes on.
AA’s are only worse because of their unfair starts, and the fact that AL is just unbalanced as hell.

Keep both out of multiplayer. Go back to classic style: simple gameplay with only the Golden Triangle, and add the classic pick ups (Invis., Overshield) simple as that.

And yes, H3 had very, VERY mediocre maps compared to (esspecially) H2. Plus: Sprint as it is, but not as an AA could work perfectly fine on top of higher movement speed (maybe limited to some playlists like BTB, but still).

i really liked AA in Reach. the fact that they were rechargable was great. i didnt like the one-time use powerups in H3

I would rather have one-time use equipment than AAs. The grav-lift was good, the energy-drain was useful, and the mines were useful (although rarely ever used and easy to avoid). Although I can do without equipment.

Except for Sprint, all the AAs can go. But don’t make sprint an AA, just make it an ability. The rest of the AAs just changed Halo and made it not feel like playing a Halo game. If I want to play with abilities and load-outs, then I’ll play CoD or something else, but if I want to play a straight-up shooter, I’ll play Halo.

Which also leads into bloom. F*****g BLOOM! I hate it. Bloom needs to go because it also has no place in the Halo world. A 5 ton Spartan can’t control his gun??? What is wrong with that picture. Having “bloom” on the ARs and automatic weapons is ok, but not on the precision weapons.

I hope 343 isn’t stupid enough to add AAs or anything close to it. I think I’d lose hope if they did.