I think 343 missed a golden opportunity

Seriously. I loved New Blood but I think that you guys missed something amazing by retiring Dutch and making Mickey into a traitor.

Just imagine if we could have had Buck, Dutch and Mickey all in one Spartan Squad.

Fireteam Firefly.

Or Fireteam Serenity.

Malcolm Reynolds’ homeworld is Shadow. Fireteam Shadow was stationed on Infinity in February 2558. Coincidence?

> 2533274900126904;2:
> Mal’s homeworld is Shadow. Fireteam Shadow was stationed on Infinity in February 2558. Coincidence?

Kilo-V are terrible compared to Alpha-9, IMO. :frowning:

I just think it’d be nothing but fanservice to be honest. Dutch still has his wife to worry about, so I didn’t expect him to stick around long. Mickey seemed like the idealist just waiting to be brought down by harsh reality, so his fall as a traitor seemed certain given the right motivation.

> 2533274929494620;3:
> > 2533274900126904;2:
> > Mal’s homeworld is Shadow. Fireteam Shadow was stationed on Infinity in February 2558. Coincidence?
>
>
> Kilo-V are terrible compared to Alpha-9, IMO. :frowning:

Yuck. Not that Mal. The Nathan Fillion one.

why is mickey a traitor again?

> 2533274820441404;6:
> why is mickey a traitor again?

He saw the Rookie get his brains blown out by a rebel leader and began to agree with the politics of a rebel plant with the Spartan branch during his training. He probably just got fed up with the UNSC and bought the rebel line about wanting autocracy and UNSC involvement with the colonies being a form of imperialism with the Rookie dying as a result of those policies.

> 2533274820441404;6:
> why is mickey a traitor again?

He was basically trying to rationalise the Rookie’s death in a way that would make it someone else’s fault.