I think 343 added my idea to Halo 5!

I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
Click here to see the post

> 2533274879837198;1:
> I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen when idead proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
>
> Click here to see the post

Nice man! I’m glad your passion for Halo will show in this upcoming game.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Dumb

This actually reminds me of an even older post…
I cant find it but I remember reading it
This guy had a crazy idea for a new gamemode/playlist for Halo Reach
It involved a huge map with a lot of players, a credit system to buy weapons and vehicles, and even have AI involved.
I swear to you this guy either predicted Warzone or he is the reason it exists today.
Of course he didn’t describe warzone point by point (he talked about buying pelicans and commanding the AI to fight with you) but its still way too similar to not think about the coincidences.
I would try to find it but its buried in Bungie.net forums…gone forever probably.

Thats cool how you might have been the reason those highlight reels are there though. Even if you’re not, goodjob :slight_smile:

> 2533274868013972;3:
>

Please, this breaks so many forum rules.

> 2533274846483350;4:
> This actually reminds me of an even older post…
> I cant find it but I remember reading it
> This guy had a crazy idea for a new gamemode/playlist for Halo Reach
> It involved a huge map with a lot of players, a credit system to buy weapons and vehicles, and even have AI involved.
> I swear to you this guy either predicted Warzone or he is the reason it exists today.
> Of course he didn’t describe warzone point by point (he talked about buying pelicans and commanding the AI to fight with you) but its still way too similar to not think about the coincidences.
> I would try to find it but its buried in Bungie.net forums…gone forever probably.
>
> Thats cool how you might have been the reason those highlight reels are there though. Even if you’re not, goodjob :slight_smile:

Warzone is firefight with matchmaking and teams! Not trying to take anything away from the dang playlist, but for goodness sake! After Halo Reach’s firefight, how much closer to “Warzone” would people have needed Firefight to become before they’d recognize that it is essentially just a more complex version of the classic Halo Firefight. This is like Nostradamus being in our textbooks, described as some near-psychic man who predicted the future correctly, when that wasn’t even remotely the case. You were playing Warzone in 2010; just a more simplistic version.

> 2533274868013972;3:
>

Wow, amazing imput on the topic at hand.

Anyway, OP thats pretty cool. I honestly didnt realize it was an in game feature.

Nice job OP.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
>

That is so awesome. This was the one really cool feature that I like about counter strike GO, my friend would show me their best matches. I tip my hat to you sir for this awesome feature.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
>

I’m really not being an -Yoink-, or insulting, but chances are this came from other things, such as the NFL, or other sports reporting. It’s great that you think you brought the to their attention, but it’s not really your idea, it’s someone else’s idea, and you applied it to a post that happened to be before they showed it. Chances are, they already had this in the works. Just sayin’.

> 2533274938678576;10:
> > 2533274879837198;1:
> > I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
> >
> > Click here to see the post
>
>
> I’m really not being an -Yoink-, or insulting, but chances are this came from other things, such as the NFL, or other sports reporting. It’s great that you think you brought the to their attention, but it’s not really your idea, it’s someone else’s idea, and you applied it to a post that happened to be before they showed it. Chances are, they already had this in the works. Just sayin’.

Maybe, but it’s cool either way that he had a similar thought way before it was implemented isn’t it? :smiley:

> 2533274879837198;1:
>

Hate to burst your bubble OP but that was all done with a pre-recorded match in post production for the gamescom presentation by Bravo and the other guy. I’m pretty sure that’s not in Halo 5.

> 2533274795233660;12:
> > 2533274879837198;1:
> > I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
> >
> > Click here to see the post
>
>
> Hate to burst your bubble OP but that was all done with a pre-recorded match in post production for the gamescom presentation by Bravo and the other guy. I’m pretty sure that’s not in Halo 5.

This is what I was going to say. I wanted to be the bubble-burster!

But yeah, OP, those lines and arrows were not in-game, they were added in post production specifically for the gamescom presentation. I’m 99% sure we won’t have that stuff in the actual game.

> 2533274879837198;1:
>

Thanks bro

> 2533274879837198;1:
>

This wasn’t a post-game feature though. The feature within the CTF match was due to the announcers being in a “spectator” mode during the match, in which they could look over the player’s movements (displayed by arrows) and allows the spectators to see where everybody was located.

That, or this is just a feature that will be exclusive to esports events.

Sweet dude!

> 2533274810150284;13:
> > 2533274795233660;12:
> > > 2533274879837198;1:
> > > I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
> > >
> > > Click here to see the post
> >
> >
> > Hate to burst your bubble OP but that was all done with a pre-recorded match in post production for the gamescom presentation by Bravo and the other guy. I’m pretty sure that’s not in Halo 5.
>
>
> This is what I was going to say. I wanted to be the bubble-burster!
>
> But yeah, OP, those lines and arrows were not in-game, they were added in post production specifically for the gamescom presentation. I’m 99% sure we won’t have that stuff in the actual game.

Actually guys, I heard that those football style arrows and what not are specifically going to be implemented into Spectator mode just because they really want to push the game as a eSport

> 2533274848599184;17:
> > 2533274810150284;13:
> > > 2533274795233660;12:
> > > > 2533274879837198;1:
> > > > I have proposed a series and ideas for Halo 5 for some time now and maybe 343 came across some of them because I have just seen one of my proposed ideas which was highlight reels. From the Gamescon CTF match, you could see a section where there was a replay system that even marked the routes the Spartans took and I think it makes the game more competitive. This gane is looking good.
> > > >
> > > > Click here to see the post
> > >
> > >
> > > Hate to burst your bubble OP but that was all done with a pre-recorded match in post production for the gamescom presentation by Bravo and the other guy. I’m pretty sure that’s not in Halo 5.
> >
> >
> > This is what I was going to say. I wanted to be the bubble-burster!
> >
> > But yeah, OP, those lines and arrows were not in-game, they were added in post production specifically for the gamescom presentation. I’m 99% sure we won’t have that stuff in the actual game.
>
>
> Actually guys, I heard that those football style arrows and what not are specifically going to be implemented into Spectator mode just because they really want to push the game as a eSport

Source?

It’s probably coincidence, but since it can’t be proven go ahead and act like it’s your idea. What’s the harm?
I just wouldn’t go strutting around bragging about it.

Years ago, I invented the term “Fauxhawk.” Now tons of people use it. You’re welcome everyone.

And the best part is… You wont get any profits made from the game.