I talked to josh Holmes about sprint.

I tweeted a video to Holmes about sprint, and to be honest I don’t think they get it.

AND I REALIZE I WAS BEING A JERK, YOU DONT HAVE TO REMIND ME. In my response to Holmes I thanked him for responding to my tweet, so I was at least trying to make it right(though an apology would be best).

They do get it, they designed the game and have a dedicated pro team to test the game.

Honestly, I agree, you’re only looking at Sprint and not what it does with the other features of the game.

All I see in the video is a couple of situations which would not have differed without Sprint, or a guy that has terrible aim see a guy dash into cover and run away to safety. There are a million things you can do to combat this, grenades being one of them.

First of all, we all got our problems with the devs, but don’t talk to them like that.

Second, no I don’t believe they understand the difference between escaping in Halo 3 compared to Halo 5.

Third, I would love to see Josh provide clips of people escaping in Halo Ce set to yakkety sax, simply isn’t going to happen, not only due to killtimes but the health system itself inherently punishing you for fleeing a fight. In a game like Halo 3, perhaps.

> 2533274929479318;1:
> I tweeted a video to Holmes about sprint, and to be honest I don’t think they get it.
>
> https://mobile.twitter.com/GL0UIS/status/550869780304236545

I just wish people would tweet them more often mentioning testing the game without sprint.

And I agree with Ram… you talking to them like that isn’t helping. You just make them not want to look our way.

Ah yes the good ole talk big over twitter. Sorry OP, but don’t be an absolute -Yoink- and to them and maybe he’ll be more responsive…

So the first video you chased him from far. Had issues. Didn’t have a team to call out where he was with no shields.

The sword video… you do realize you run faster with the sword, right?

The last part you missed a window jump and again the whole team concept is lost on you.

If you don’t like sprint then the game probably isn’t for you. I loved Halo 2. No sprint, no weird items. No abilities. This game is different, because you can’t keep using the same stale game play concept and hoping it will work for forever.

Your just bad, you attempt to illustrate your point by ARing a guy half a map away.

In that video you demonstrated several interesting things:

-you like to shoot at people way too far away with the AR

-you engage targets too early, and ones that are already moving away from you, rather than trying to head them off

-your aim goes to -Yoink- when you are frustrated or chasing someone

-you don’t utilize grenades when you need them

-your teammates were all on the other side of the map in every instance you showed. Stay close and catch enemies in a crossfire by flanking.

The game was not simply forgiving their mistakes, it was also punishing your poor planning and execution.

> 2533274825385373;7:
> Your just bad, you attempt to illustrate your point by ARing a guy half a map away.

This isn’t my video.

> 2533274796974117;8:
> In that video you demonstrated several interesting things:
>
> -you like to shoot at people way too far away with the AR
>
> -you engage targets too early, and ones that are already moving away from you, rather than trying to head them off
>
> -your aim goes to -Yoink- when you are frustrated or chasing someone
>
> -you don’t utilize grenades when you need them
>
> -your teammates were all on the other side of the map in every instance you showed. Stay close and catch enemies in a crossfire by flanking.
>
> The game was not simply forgiving their mistakes, it was also punishing your poor planning and execution.

Not my video

It is way too easy to escape death in Halo 5 due to sprint and thruster. Funny because 343 backers said it would be harder. I feel like a professional free runner running from death

Secondly I hope that the rest of the maps are similar to the two we have. I have this feeling that Empire and truth will be the smaller maps and the rest will be huge and boring like Halo 4 due to 343 trying to accomodate sprint

> 2533274929479318;9:
> > 2533274825385373;7:
> > Your just bad, you attempt to illustrate your point by ARing a guy half a map away.
>
>
> This isn’t my video.

Then you don’t have the knowledge to judge how bad the player was, not the mechanic.

What’s with all the complaints against sprint? Honestly I think it’s pretty balanced considering your shields don’t charge while you’re sprinting. This makes it a viable way to get to the fight or a certain part of the map faster but now it can’t be used as a run away tactic. If you already brought someone’s shields down and yours is full (or close to it), then it allows you to catch up to and quickly hunt down your target. And the thruster packs help people who are caught in those situations but are close to cover get themselves out quickly and also helps them avoid people who are grenade spamming. I think that these two systems together makes sure that people have to carefully place each shot and each grenade throw, so that most kills are based on the merit of the killer and not on the luckiness of the loser.

> 2533274796974117;8:
> In that video you demonstrated several interesting things:
>
> -you like to shoot at people way too far away with the AR
>
> -you engage targets too early, and ones that are already moving away from you, rather than trying to head them off

In Halo 5 it is best to shoot anyone at anytime. Land even a single shot on them and you get an assisst and alot of times it leads to a kill

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

“Try not to look at Sprint in its hideousness and instead look at Halo 5 in its hideousness” -Josh Holmes

Halo 5 confirmed to be dead after 2 months just like Halo 4.

> 2533274866783302;13:
> What’s with all the complaints against sprint? Honestly I think it’s pretty balanced considering your shields don’t charge while you’re sprinting. This makes it a viable way to get to the fight or a certain part of the map faster but now it can’t be used as a run away tactic. If you already brought someone’s shields down and yours is full (or close to it), then it allows you to catch up to and quickly hunt down your target. And the thruster packs help people who are caught in those situations but are close to cover get themselves out quickly and also helps them avoid people who are grenade spamming. I think that these two systems together makes sure that people have to carefully place each shot and each grenade throw, so that most kills are based on the merit of the killer and not on the luckiness of the loser.

Your entire post illustrates what’s wrong with sprint.

> 2533274855879550;15:
> “Try not to look at Sprint in its hideousness and instead look at Halo 5 in its hideousness” -Josh Holmes
>
> Halo 5 confirmed to be dead after 2 months just like Halo 4.

I’m gonna attribute that to the mentality of “Oh shinny.” On the part of ADD gamers who need the next big thing every few months and vary little to do with the game.

> 2533274855879550;15:
> “Try not to look at Sprint in its hideousness and instead look at Halo 5 in its hideousness” -Josh Holmes
>
> Halo 5 confirmed to be dead after 2 months just like Halo 4.

He also told us they tried many different approaches to movement and the one we have now is the they feel is the best.

Did you try without sprint Josh holmes, or was that something the Microsoft exceeds didn’t allow you guys to do?

At the same time I don’t really give a -Yoink- what you think, because it’s us you are making this game for. Remove sprint for 1 week and listen to the applause!

> 2533274825385373;12:
> > 2533274929479318;9:
> > > 2533274825385373;7:
> > > Your just bad, you attempt to illustrate your point by ARing a guy half a map away.
> >
> >
> >
> > This isn’t my video.
>
>
> Then you don’t have the knowledge to judge how bad the player was, not the mechanic.

Compare this to ce, are you really going to tell me that this can happen, at any time in ce? The dude even switches to the pistol at times to try to better hit the dude running away but because of thruster+sprint! he gets around those corners in an instant.

> 2533274878211546;2:
> They do get it, they designed the game and have a dedicated pro team to test the game.
>
> Honestly, I agree, you’re only looking at Sprint and not what it does with the other features of the game.
>
> All I see in the video is a couple of situations which would not have differed without Sprint, or a guy that has terrible aim see a guy dash into cover and run away to safety. There are a million things you can do to combat this, grenades being one of them.

Grenades are used to no effect in this video, look at how sprint is combined with thruster, and the map design. Sprint ruins just about everything good that comes from this game.