I Suffer From Siezures Deadlock's Filter Triggers

I literally can not play this map, the filter’s contrast causing me to go into epileptic fits, I didn’t realize the map was Deadlock when it loaded in, so now I’m stuck staring in the base staring at the floor because I can’t quit out

Remove the filter or put a trigger warning.

Attention needs to be brought to this!

I like the maps new design, but the filter I agree needs to go. It makes everything a gross orange color, not just the ground. In your case, I would say that until it is fixed, quit to the dashboard when the map comes up.

Play with me and you’ll never lose.

That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!

> 2533274913126156;3:
> Play with me and you’ll never lose.

…You did read about what the OPs problem is, right?

I don’t know how old you are or what meds you have tried, but sodium valporate (epilim) worked for me and I have been seizure free for 15 years.

I think it adds a more “sunset” feel like it did in H3

Huh, most games have epilepsy warnings to begin with.

If you’re epileptic and playing video games, you’re already taking a risk, why do you need additional warnings?

Hate to tell any one this but since you have a condition just dashboard out when you are in the lobby and see it’s the map.

Man and I thought just being colorblind and playing was bad, that suck man if your having seizures and can’t even play the map. Currently I suggest you dashboard out because dashboarding doesn’t get you banned. They really should remove the filter then.

> 2533274833937345;4:
> That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!

So you can’t live anywhere there is a Fall season?

> 2533274913126156;3:
> Play with me and you’ll never lose.

Did you even read the title. The man/woman can’t play the map because of epilepsy not because he’s just losing.

> 2533274815582829;11:
> > 2533274833937345;4:
> > That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!
>
>
> So you can’t live anywhere there is a Fall season?

That doesn’t even make sense, its the high contrast with the very dark blacks that cause me to have seizures, its an inability for my brain to focus with that filter, not the entire game, it’s sensory issue.

As for whoever asked me what my meds are, I take Keppra epilim doesn’t help, I’m allergic to it.

Seizures were caused by a TBI from an injury in the military, I’m fine with most things but, strobing effects, and too much contrast trigger my seizures.

Whoever said I have risks playing video games, that is indeed true, but same goes for watching TV or any electronic media.

Anyone remember the Pokemon Porygon episode that was banned from Japanese airwaves, seizure warnings on TV shows too, but the episode was pulled from rotation for a reason.

Why should this be any different?

> 2533274833937345;13:
> > 2533274815582829;11:
> > > 2533274833937345;4:
> > > That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!
> >
> >
> > So you can’t live anywhere there is a Fall season?
>
>
> That doesn’t even make sense, its the high contrast with the very dark blacks that cause me to have seizures, its an inability for my brain to focus with that filter, not the entire game, it’s sensory issue.
>
> As for whoever asked me what my meds are, I take Keppra epilim doesn’t help, I’m allergic to it.
>
> Seizures were caused by a TBI from an injury in the military, I’m fine with most things but, strobing effects, and too much contrast trigger my seizures.
>
> Whoever said I have risks playing video games, that is indeed true, but same goes for watching TV or any electronic media.
>
> Anyone remember the Pokemon Porygon episode that was banned from Japanese airwaves, seizure warnings on TV shows too, but the episode was pulled from rotation for a reason.
>
> Why should 343 not be held accountable?

Because they’re not responsible for your medical condition. It’s your choice to continue playing even though there are warnings written on the game box and within the game itself.

> 2656587637345384;14:
> > 2533274833937345;13:
> > > 2533274815582829;11:
> > > > 2533274833937345;4:
> > > > That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!
> > >
> > >
> > > So you can’t live anywhere there is a Fall season?
> >
> >
> > That doesn’t even make sense, its the high contrast with the very dark blacks that cause me to have seizures, its an inability for my brain to focus with that filter, not the entire game, it’s sensory issue.
> >
> > As for whoever asked me what my meds are, I take Keppra epilim doesn’t help, I’m allergic to it.
> >
> > Seizures were caused by a TBI from an injury in the military, I’m fine with most things but, strobing effects, and too much contrast trigger my seizures.
> >
> > Whoever said I have risks playing video games, that is indeed true, but same goes for watching TV or any electronic media.
> >
> > Anyone remember the Pokemon Porygon episode that was banned from Japanese airwaves, seizure warnings on TV shows too, but the episode was pulled from rotation for a reason.
> >
> > Why should 343 not be held accountable?
>
>
> Because they’re not responsible for your medical condition. It’s your choice to continue playing even though there are warnings written on the game box and within the game itself.

There is no warning for halo 5 for most games there are but not for halo 5.

I don’t know that I have even played that map, but I hope this gets some attention. Good luck OP

> 2656587637345384;14:
> > 2533274833937345;13:
> > > 2533274815582829;11:
> > > > 2533274833937345;4:
> > > > That has nothing to do with losing it has everything to do with the fact that this map triggers my epilepsy!
> > >
> > >
> > > So you can’t live anywhere there is a Fall season?
> >
> >
> > That doesn’t even make sense, its the high contrast with the very dark blacks that cause me to have seizures, its an inability for my brain to focus with that filter, not the entire game, it’s sensory issue.
> >
> > As for whoever asked me what my meds are, I take Keppra epilim doesn’t help, I’m allergic to it.
> >
> > Seizures were caused by a TBI from an injury in the military, I’m fine with most things but, strobing effects, and too much contrast trigger my seizures.
> >
> > Whoever said I have risks playing video games, that is indeed true, but same goes for watching TV or any electronic media.
> >
> > Anyone remember the Pokemon Porygon episode that was banned from Japanese airwaves, seizure warnings on TV shows too, but the episode was pulled from rotation for a reason.
> >
> > Why should 343 not be held accountable?
>
>
> Because they’re not responsible for your medical condition. It’s your choice to continue playing even though there are warnings written on the game box and within the game itself.

None of the things in this game trigger my seizures, aside from one damn filter which I have brought to the attention of the forums /multiple/ times. I usually dashboard, but I was grabbing a drink and didn’t have time to see which map had loaded in, considering I didn’t want to be banned, I just hid in the base staring at the floor the entire game for 10 minutes.

I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that people think it’s okay just because they have a warning on the box to ignore the medical issues of it’s player base. I have more legal rights then they do since I’m sure they’re aware of the issue as I’ve also seen others address the issue with the filter.

There have been multiple threads on this topic and every person who suffers from seizures say it’s just the one deadlock filter. If that’s the only problem with your guy’s ability to play then I agree it should be removed so that everyone can enjoy the map.

> 2533274879407634;18:
> There have been multiple threads on this topic and every person who suffers from seizures say it’s just the one deadlock filter. If that’s the only problem with your guy’s ability to play then I agree it should be removed so that everyone can enjoy the map.

Thanks Ruthless :3

We really ought to have more control over post processing in any case. Where’s the harm in an advanced graphics menu?