I suck with the pistol (plz help)

I am absolutely horrible.

In previous Halo’s I averaged a 1.6 k/d and now in halo 5 I’m average a 1.2 and I feel like I’m getting worse as a player not better.

I realise what really lets me down is my skills with the pistol. I lose 9/10 1v1 battles with it and I have no idea why. I just jump all over the shop and can’t get 3/4 of my shots to hit. Sensitivity is on 4,4 and I don’t want to go any slower or else I won’t be able to turn around fast enough. Previous halos I had it on 7 and 8.

I’m watching all these videos on youtube and these pros are bang bang bang bang HEADSHOT without missing a beat. From close range, long range etc.

Heck even from long range I’m lucky to get 1 out of 10 shots to strike.

How can I get better with the pistol? I feel like it’s my controller settings but I’m just not sure now.

BR, AR even DMR I’m fine just this damn pistol I choke so bad :frowning:

sensitivity 3 dead zones zero acceleration 2

Try using the movement thumbstick more than the the aiming stick. I found that it helped me.

> 2533274858329100;2:
> sensitivity 3 dead zones zero acceleration 2

Can you explain what exactly look accaleration does/ is?

> 2535433238497925;3:
> Try using the movement thumbstick more than the the aiming stick. I found that it helped me.

recently I found this helps but more with BR. Pistol is still poop using movement to make up the difference.

aim with your body not by sight

Do try lowering your sensitivity. If you’re worried about turning around in time then learn how to position yourself.

The aiming in this game is terrible and it becomes especially obvious when using the pistol.

The only thing you can do is lower your sensitivity.

Aim for just a skoch above the helmet/head. Hope this helps.

I agree with OP, the pistol has also failed me countless times… I always swap out the pistol for a storm rifle, needler, BR, or power weapon, those allow me to do much better.

> 2535444366988809;6:
> aim with your body not by sight

Kind of this… For me, I try to keep moving left to right or whatever to make myself a harder target to hit… I don’t move my target all that much if I can help it and spam the trigger as fast as I can while going for head shots - seems to work out pretty well for me, I love having it as a loadout weapon!

> 2533274975021613;1:
> I am absolutely horrible.
>
> In previous Halo’s I averaged a 1.6 k/d and now in halo 5 I’m average a 1.2 and I feel like I’m getting worse as a player not better.
>
> I realise what really lets me down is my skills with the pistol. I lose 9/10 1v1 battles with it and I have no idea why. I just jump all over the shop and can’t get 3/4 of my shots to hit. Sensitivity is on 4,4 and I don’t want to go any slower or else I won’t be able to turn around fast enough. Previous halos I had it on 7 and 8.
>
> I’m watching all these videos on youtube and these pros are bang bang bang bang HEADSHOT without missing a beat. From close range, long range etc.
>
> Heck even from long range I’m lucky to get 1 out of 10 shots to strike.
>
> How can I get better with the pistol? I feel like it’s my controller settings but I’m just not sure now.
>
> BR, AR even DMR I’m fine just this damn pistol I choke so bad :frowning:

just practice on ai to get your aim to a decent level

I suck too with precision weapons in H5. And I don’t even like automatics:/

Unfortunately I still can’t handle the aiming in this game.

I use sensitivity of 5 and personally the pistol is my favourite weapon because it’s so easy to get kills with it. Also if you strafe with the pistol it makes it even easier to take less damage and get kills

i never used the pistol until about a week into the game. I recommend finding a sensitivity that you’re comfortable with and then get a friend and practice on an open map.
Or, if you don’t have any friends (like me :frowning: ), just go on campaign and put the difficulty up to heroic or legendary

Yeah, movement stick more than aim stick. Just until you’re able to get more kills. Then use the aiming stick with the more advanced players. (You know, the ones that jump and duck and strafe)

I am Champ in FFA and I use claw grip and Fishstick. I play on 1 horizontal 2.5 vertical and 3 accel. I personally like my sensitivity very low and it works for me. But a way to get good is play octagon. Add me and if I am on send me an invite. Octagon is great for helping with your shot.

I find that practicing using the magnum on games modes like SWAT helped increase my head shot aim and how to use the magnum in general.

> 2533274865057977;13:
> I suck too with precision weapons in H5. And I don’t even like automatics:/
>
> Unfortunately I still can’t handle the aiming in this game.

This is an odd statement. I don’t like precision weaponry and am an Auto junkie (most of my kills are AR or SMG). Only recommendation is to stand and crouch. I can’t strafe to save my life, but peeking in and out has allowed me to sneak more hits in. I also feel sometimes the five shots just won’t kill anyone, which is very odd.

> 2535462037955640;19:
> > 2533274865057977;13:
> > I suck too with precision weapons in H5. And I don’t even like automatics:/
> >
> > Unfortunately I still can’t handle the aiming in this game.
>
>
> This is an odd statement. I don’t like precision weaponry and am an Auto junkie (most of my kills are AR or SMG). Only recommendation is to stand and crouch. I can’t strafe to save my life, but peeking in and out has allowed me to sneak more hits in. I also feel sometimes the five shots just won’t kill anyone, which is very odd.

What I meant was that I always pushed myself to use precision weapons just for the fact it takes more skill so I wanted to keep improving and create a more rewarding playstyle for myself. Anyway, aiming in this game is still very weird.