i stumbled upond this comment on youtube

halo CE = Best campaign

Halo 2 = Best machmaking

Halo 3 = Best custom games

Halo 3 ODST = Best Firefight

Halo Reach = Best Forge

RubiixCat 1

this person makes a really good point, why not just combine all of that into halo 4?

If only it were that simple =(

You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.

> You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.

you are true right there, i loved how the campaign was so long and felt endless, but i would prefferably say halo is because you had more of a free roam kinda feeling. you could go to what ever spot you want to go to

> You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.

Halo 2? Better STORY?

I agree, Halo 2 had the best story telling and cut scenes, but I feel like the actual gameplay of Halo 3’s campaign was the most fun.

I hate the Halo Reach campaign, it is stupid and the characters are all irrelevant, not to mention it completely goes against the fiction.

> > You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.
>
> I agree, Halo 2 had the best story telling and cut scenes, but I feel like the actual gameplay of Halo 3’s campaign was the most fun.
>
> I hate the Halo Reach campaign, it is stupid and the characters are all irrelevant, not to mention it completely goes against the fiction.

lol ya, reach’s campaign was the biggest let down in halo history. halo 3 is probably my favorite out of all the halos. i can play the campaign and beat it tonight and still get goosebumps from it.but halo 1 is a good campaign cause you have more a free roam feel, in halo 3 it restricted you kinda alot

that guy make a really good point

*Halo CE best multiplayer

*Halo 2 best Matchmaking experience.

yes,but multiplayer and matchmaking are kinda the same really

> > You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.
>
> Halo 2? Better STORY?
>
> …

I know it’s the same universe but I felt like Halo:CE left a little bit too much unsaid. H:2 did a better job of developing the Halo universe to me at least.

(Just had a thought, was it my use of the word “story” that bothered you?? Maybe that wasn’t the best way to describe what I was trying to say O_o?)

> yes,but multiplayer and matchmaking are kinda the same really

No.
CE had no matchmaking, yet had the best sandbox out of all of the Halo games because it was the only one that was truely balanced. Halo 2 had the best matchmaking, which many games actually envied it for, however its multiplayer sandbox wasn’t as great as CE’s. If I gave Halo CE Halo 2’s Matchmaking and a better netcode, it would have been probably more popular as a game. Sadly, LIVE wasn’t made yet in time for CE, so online multiplayer was cut.

> > yes,but multiplayer and matchmaking are kinda the same really
>
> No.
> CE had no matchmaking, yet had the best sandbox out of all of the Halo games because it was the only one that was truely balanced. Halo 2 had the best matchmaking, which many games actually envied it for, however its multiplayer sandbox wasn’t as great as CE’s. If I gave Halo CE Halo 2’s Matchmaking and a better netcode, it would have been probably more popular as a game. Sadly, LIVE wasn’t made yet in time for CE, so online multiplayer was cut.

really to me multiplayer and matchmaking are the same, you are playing with various other people, the only difference is one offered internet connection while the other offered a box to carry your xbox in and walk to your destination

> > > You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.
> >
> > Halo 2? Better STORY?
> >
> > …
>
> I know it’s the same story but I felt like Halo:CE left a little bit too much unsaid. H:2 did a great job of bringing out a deeper story.

What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.

> > > > You are basically saying “Make the best Halo ever” Which is what I hope they do. I would also disagree I preferred H2’s campaign. H:CE will always hold a special place in my heart but IMO H2’s campaign was a much better story.
> > >
> > > Halo 2? Better STORY?
> > >
> > > …
> >
> > I know it’s the same story but I felt like Halo:CE left a little bit too much unsaid. H:2 did a great job of bringing out a deeper story.
>
> What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.

well said, but i felt like it never ruined the game for me, cause like you said, there is so much left unsaid that you just dont know what the next game will be about until you play it.

> What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.

I guess that is where I am different. I want someone to tell me a story. I am not a person that likes things left up to the audience to interpret for themselves. That’s just how I am. I fully understand you can let everything out in the beginning. Overall though H:2 for me was a better crafted campaign. That is just my thoughts on it.

> > What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>
> I guess that is where I am different. I want someone to tell me a story. I am not a person that likes things left up to the audience to interpret for themselves. That’s just how I am. I fully understand you can let everything out in the beginning. Overall though H:2 for me was a better crafted campaign. That is just my thoughts on it.

It is my opinion that Halo 2 has got nothing on Assault on the Control Room, but that’s just me. Surely CE’s ending was better than Halo 2’s (at least gameplay-wise), though.

> > What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.
>
> I guess that is where I am different. I want someone to tell me a story. I am not a person that likes things left up to the audience to interpret for themselves. That’s just how I am. I fully understand you can let everything out in the beginning. Overall though H:2 for me was a better crafted campaign. That is just my thoughts on it.

ya, i see. i guess that’s the beauty of halo really

Halo ce: left many questions

halo 2: answered the questions

halo 3: finished the fight

Halo3 odst: well kinda hard to say, but it’s free roaming

Halo reach: something bungie pulled out of their Yoink!

> It is my opinion that Halo 2 has got nothing on Assault on the Control Room, but that’s just me. Surely CE’s ending was better than Halo 2’s (at least gameplay-wise), though.

The legendary ending for sure, LOL. Now that was funny and unexpected. Don’t get me wrong LOVED Halo:CE just loved the H:2 Campaign a little more.

> > > What’s so great about Halo CE’s story is exactly that it left much unsaid. It leaves you wondering and thinking as well as leaving room for the developer to continue the story with new things. If CE had said that there were 7 rings in total (instead of the understood 4, which Guilty Spark revealed by saying he was of Installation 4) and that there was an Ark that could control all of them, that would pretty much ruin the story for Halo 2 and Halo 3.
> >
> > I guess that is where I am different. I want someone to tell me a story. I am not a person that likes things left up to the audience to interpret for themselves. That’s just how I am. I fully understand you can let everything out in the beginning. Overall though H:2 for me was a better crafted campaign. That is just my thoughts on it.
>
> ya, i see. i guess that’s the beauty of halo really
>
> Halo ce: left many questions
>
> halo 2: answered the questions
>
> halo 3: finished the fight
>
> Halo3 odst: well kinda hard to say, but it’s free roaming
>
> Halo reach: something bungie pulled out of their Yoink!

Reach answered more questions, but wasn’t a game for everyone. I certainly liked it because I understand the message it was trying to convey.