I stopped caring about K/D.....

1. Constantly worrying about it made the game feel more like a job to me, I’m here to have fun.

2. Lots of people play objective games, which are not focused on killing. So that will bring down K/D.

3.“Don’t Judge a book by its cover.” So don’t automatically call a player bad because of low K/D. People get better.

> 1. Constantly worrying about it made the game feel more like a job to me, I’m here to have fun.
>
> 2. Lots of people play objective games, which are not focused on killing. So that will bring down K/D.
>
> 3.“Don’t Judge a book by its cover.” So don’t automatically call a player bad because of low K/D. People get better.

Also factor in those who pull host most of the time thus driving up their k/d

My KD is barely positive and I find myself striving to keep it so… I know this guy who has positive kd but sucks. It really depends what you play, if you play something like oddball a lot then you are going to have a pretty low KD

I never cared about K/D. Sure, I’ll go through phases where I’ll feel a need to bring it up every now and then, but ultimately it’s never that important to me.

I really don’t care about k/d either. It maintains itself though by just playing well in any game mode I go in. If you play well consistently it will take care of itself.

Caring about K/D gets old after a while. My friends have the most fun playing of anyone I know and I don’t think they’ve EVER mentioned their K/D. I try to do as well as possible in Slayer but that’s about it.

I play in each mode whatever will help the team the most. In CTF I flag run and attack like mad (as most play D to…worry about K/D). In Oddball I’m a ball hound. I’m Dominion I’m all about taking down turrets and capturing bases. You get the idea.

I stopped once I hit Sr70. My k/d was a 1.6 (not saying that it’s good) but due to boredom all I do is drive the warthogs in BTB. It’s been a week and my k/d has fallen dramatically. Doesn’t even faze me. My buddy is a k/d -Yoink!-. Always trying to boost his k/d. “let’s go into KOTH and just kill people and never get in the hill or CTF”. I tell him his k/d is just a cover to a book, it doesn’t mean anything. I told him people can boost their k/d in regicide to be super high. Which he insisted on doing, which we will not partake in. IMO there should be only a k/d for slayer orientated games.

Now that the game can make you join a losing match K/D hardly matters anymore. Nor has it really

You can still play objective and have a decent KD.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/BWO Arbiter/wargames/

The only playlist I don’t have a KD of 2 or higher is Oddball, which I honestly couldn’t tell you why my oddball KD is so low. You really shouldn’t use objective as an excuse, you can still do well in it.

TC, it is great that you’ve decided to make fun your primary concern, that is why people like me keep pushing for ranked playlists. It gives both of us a better experience.
I think that is probably the one thing casuals and competitives can agree on, a playlist separation to cater to both group’s needs.

> IMO there should be only a k/d for slayer orientated games.

Well, there’s “slayer K/D” on the service record. But I think K/D shouldn’t exist at all except for in the post game statistics.

I started to care about k/d during Reach mainly because now everyone can see it. In Halo 3 I “goosed” and my k/d was around .91 - .92 but I had tons of fun and didn’t care because the only way someone could see it was on Bungie.net. I really do not want to care about k/d in Halo 4, but I have a pretty good k/d as of now in my books and I feel like I don’t want to lose it. (So somebody can’t use it against me or I feel “MLG”. I just really don’t know.)

> You can still play objective and have a decent KD.
>
> https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/#Halo4/BWO Arbiter/wargames/
>
> The only playlist I don’t have a KD of 2 or higher is Oddball, which I honestly couldn’t tell you why my oddball KD is so low. You really shouldn’t use objective as an excuse, you can still do well in it.
>
> TC, it is great that you’ve decided to make fun your primary concern, that is why people like me keep pushing for ranked playlists. It gives both of us a better experience.
> I think that is probably the one thing casuals and competitives can agree on, a playlist separation to cater to both group’s needs.

good point. In objective games I kill the enemy a ton because I want them outta my way so I can steal their objective. Then I kill them some more if they are rude and get in my way as I am walking back with their flag in my hands lol

I mean “omg, heaven forbid I kill the entire enemy team so I can get their objective and omg I played the objective while getting a ton of kills in the process”.

Somebody call the k/d police! I committed a crime of getting lots of kills while winning the objective!

Only sad, sad people on the forums care about K/D. They care because they know if they dont keep a high K/D someone on the forums will call them on it in the middle of an argument and then they will fell emasculated.

Reach made me into a tryhard.

I had a terrible k/d until the TU came out and I managed to raise it to butt-ugly average.

Now in Halo 4 I’m out to prove I am not that bad and have a 1.22 k/d. I’m also playing less carefree and get a little angry every time I’m killed.

While I should strive to play to the best of my abilities, playing and reacting in a way that isn’t natural to me just to increase my k/d takes away from the fun.

> Reach made me into a tryhard.
>
> Now in Halo 4 I’m out to prove I am not that bad. I’m also playing less carefree and get a little angry every time I’m killed.
>
> While I should strive to play to the best of my abilities, playing and reacting in a way that isn’t natural to me just to increase my k/d takes away from the fun.

THIS. It’s quite saddening and frustrating to be honest.

I’m just concerned about getting better. I just converted from CoD and to the Xbox 360 from the Wii. So the mechanics are completely different. I’m just now getting accustomed to the game, but still have a long way to go. :=)

> I’m just concerned about getting better. I just converted from CoD and to the Xbox 360 from the Wii. So the mechanics are completely different. I’m just now getting accustomed to the game, but still have a long way to go. :=)

Don’t worry Rookie, eventually you will be good.

Be constant, practice and you’ll improve…

Quick tip; don’t go Rambo, patience, and don’t go to open fields…

Mines 2.05, does that mean im better than someone with a lower KD? Of course not. Some people are more aggressive than others. The people with lower KDs tend to have MUCH higher kills in total because of aggressiveness, resulting also in more deaths. My friends is .85 and he has like 2000 kills. If anything, it just tells how a player fights.

If you are good it wouldent seem like a job to you

Anybody could go into Flood and get a good k/d.