I still use the DMR!

Hey, so since this game is now “balanced” I still love using the DMR and have no problems getting kills with it and usually going well positive K/D. I love how people say “oh, your not good, you just use the OP DMR”. Hey, what’s your excuse now?

My point is that skill is the bigest factor and the more skilled player will usually win no matter how much 343 listens to and caters to crybabies about so called balance. I don’t care, I can still make them cry about the DMR. The fact is, the weapons may be more balanced, but this game is more unbalanced than ever with recurring fixed power weapon spawns (and personal ordnance), OS’s on the map, and all still with instant respawn, and I’m not even going to get into JIP and CSR. It’s about as unbalanced as it gets, but I’ll still play it.

The only thing that really sucks now is 343 has changed this game so much, so often that they’ve all but lost casuals and the pros left along time ago because they took out Slayer Pro. 343 couldn’t really dicide what Slayer Pro was, radar? No radar? Now it’s all in one playlist, OMG. I’m seriously scared for what’s next. It’s no mystery to me why this game is dead.

I’ve decided that I will still play it, because I’m just awsome at Halo, and have no problem taking off faces, no matter how much they newbify this game. You just have to adapt to it. It’s something you can do if your actually good. Wow I Feel better cause it’s finaly ok to use the DMR now. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

It’s so funny because there’s such a small population that thought because of this update that they wouldn’t get killed by the DMR anymore. It’s to bad 343 didn’t understand how small this population was.

My only wish now is put this game just how it was when it first came out cause that was the best cause I miss KOTH.

Good for you for using a consistent weapon. All that was needed for the DMR to become the perfect utility weapon was the 4SK BR and 7SK Carbine.

People are just mad at the DMR because it is both accurate, and not the BR.

It was perfect all along.

> Good for you for using a consistent weapon. All that was needed for the DMR to become the perfect utility weapon was the 4SK BR and 7SK Carbine.
>
> People are just mad at the DMR because it is both accurate, <mark>and not the BR</mark>.

I hate people like that I was using the LR/Carbine and I was called a noob and switched the BR and then they were like good thats fine, it’s stupid

But yes I love using the DMR now, I didn’t use it before the update because it was OP

I was being sarcastic. I have always used the DMR and I will continue to use the DMR and I don’t care about DMR haters. It’s just funny cause now they can’t complain. The truth can sometimes hurt.

> It was perfect all along.

No, it wasn’t. Now the other precisions are actually viable replacements and each has its place. I still don’t really like the DMR because I don’t like any starting weapon having crossmap shooting ability, but things are much better balance right now, and the DMR gets destroyed up close as it should.

I honestly bet if it was the BR which was OP no-one would complain

The nature of the BR’s slightly unpredictable spread and its lack of range makes it difficult to be considered OP (It really isn’t). The BR and LR are about the same now in skill for the respective ranges (with the BR ineffective at long range but the LR ineffective close up).

As for the OP, at mid-close range I honestly rarely get killed by the DMR now when using a BR. Of course if a DMR user is better positioned they can get kills in that range, they can get kills. But in 1v1 battles, the DMR isn’t going to overpower the other rifles. There were times prior to the update when I was FORCED to switch to the DMR in 2v2 or 4v4 just to have a fair chance. (This was really noticeable when playing at higher skill levels). But I’m glad you can still use your weapon of choice (as you should) in a balanced sandbox. And in BTB (or long range in general), the DMR should continue to thrive as it always has (and where it was intended to thrive).

> > It was perfect all along.
>
> No, it wasn’t. Now the other precisions are actually viable replacements and each has its place. I still don’t really like the DMR because I don’t like any starting weapon having crossmap shooting ability, but things are much better balance right now, and the DMR gets destroyed up close as it should.

The whole point of the DMR is to fill a utility role where it is usable in any situation, loses to niche weapons within their intended range, but beats them outside it. Just like how the weapon functions now.

> Hey, so since this game is now “balanced” I still love using the DMR and have no problems getting kills with it and usually going well positive K/D. I love how people say “oh, your not good, you just use the OP DMR”. Hey, what’s your excuse now?

The rifles are generally balanced now, but don’t get me wrong, it’s still a nooby weapon. As they barely changed the DMR itself at all (it still has that unholy magnetism) it still has the smallest skill/reward ratio, barring maybe the AR only. The other utility rifles can only keep up with it now, and only generally within their intended ranges.

So, no, just because it’s not as overpowered compared to the others now, it still takes very little skill.

That’s my excuse.

I feel this game is going in The right direction I love the weapons tune and i use all weapons of course the DMR and BR. And I also have a positive KDR

> it’s finaly ok to use the DMR now.

It’s always been okay to use the DMR. Everyone had a choice to choose it; not choosing it because it was OP, and using that as excuse for losing, is one’s own fault. It did need to be fixed, but blaming the DMR for having poor skill is just dumb (example, I used the carbine pre-update and still had a 2.0 k/d, but I wasn’t a moron and would choose the DMR many times because it was the best gun).

I’m glad for the new balance too. Now the DMR can compete in all ranges, but can’t excel at any. Since its only been in one other halo game, it shouldn’t be anything too spectacular anyways.

The only thing all weapons really need now is descoping to return.

> > Good for you for using a consistent weapon. All that was needed for the DMR to become the perfect utility weapon was the 4SK BR and 7SK Carbine.
> >
> > People are just mad at the DMR because it is both accurate, <mark>and not the BR</mark>.
>
> I hate people like that I was using the LR/Carbine and I was called a noob and switched the BR and then they were like good thats fine, it’s stupid
>
> But yes I love using the DMR now, I didn’t use it before the update because it was OP

People throw around NOOB way to much. Basically if you don’t use the BR you are a NOOB. If you use camo or boltshot you are a NOOB (even though they are cheap and hurt the game). You are a NOOB if you suicide stick - oh, wait I kind of agree with that one.

Now that the DMR has an intended range it is perfectly fine to use and honestly it was always fine to use. It’s not the gamers fault the developers made it a god weapon. God forbid but if the developers put an incinerator cannon in loadouts everyone would be dumb to not use it (not that the game would be ANY fun like that).

I use the DMR on maps like complex were I will need more range than the BR and carbine but were the LR would certainly fail in mid range.

I have a feeling that you just want KOTH back because you liked camping the objective with your DMR from far away, OP.

Also, I would rather see the DMR get bloom then to get every other weapon buffed. I honestly believe that the BR has an insane amount of bullet-magnetizing and aim assist. So it should totally be left alone in it’s original state, IMO.

If I could choose the only viable weapon that Halo 4 would have, I would choose the carbine. It’s the only weapon that takes skill in Halo 4.

I understand what you mean. I still use the DMR because it’s hard to adapt to the BR. Don’t worry, your not alone. I know many people who still use the DMR even after the weapon tuning because we’ve been using it since halo 1. It’s not bad to still use it, even if people are criticizing you. Just ignore them.

I still use the DMR almost exclusively in BTIS (sometimes I use the LR, and on occasion the BR or carbine), and I also still use it quite a lot in other playlists. The DMR simply is a damn good weapon. And despite what many people claim, the DMR was never overpowered - it’s the other guns that sucked compared to it. The WTU fortunately changed that, but that didn’t make the DMR any less viable. It was and still is a damn good weapon.

> Hey, so since this game is now “balanced” I still love using the DMR and have no problems getting kills with it and usually going well positive K/D. I love how people say “oh, your not good, you just use the OP DMR”. Hey, what’s your excuse now?
>
> My point is that skill is the bigest factor and the more skilled player will usually win no matter how much 343 listens to and caters to crybabies about so called balance. I don’t care, I can still make them cry about the DMR. The fact is, the weapons may be more balanced, <mark>but this game is more unbalanced than ever with recurring fixed power weapon spawns</mark> (and personal ordnance), OS’s on the map, and all still with instant respawn, and I’m not even going to get into JIP and CSR. It’s about as unbalanced as it gets, but I’ll still play it.
>
> The only thing that really sucks now is 343 has changed this game so much, so often that they’ve all but lost casuals and the pros left along time ago because they took out Slayer Pro. 343 couldn’t really dicide what Slayer Pro was, radar? No radar? Now it’s all in one playlist, OMG. I’m seriously scared for what’s next. It’s no mystery to me why this game is dead.
>
> I’ve decided that I will still play it, because I’m just awsome at Halo, and have no problem taking off faces, no matter how much they newbify this game. You just have to adapt to it. It’s something you can do if your actually good. Wow I Feel better cause it’s finaly ok to use the DMR now. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>
> It’s so funny because there’s such a small population that thought because of this update that they wouldn’t get killed by the DMR anymore. It’s to bad 343 didn’t understand how small this population was.
>
> My only wish now is put this game just how it was when it first came out cause that was the best cause I miss KOTH.

Last I checked weapons respawning has always been apart of halo. Timing means everything.

Having weapons respawn on an exact time means you need to get the times down lock down map control and set up with your team. The only other thing they need to do is have a classic slayer with radar no personal ordnance they can keep the map ordnance if they want it doesnt make a difference even though i prefer having weapons spawn on map more.

DMR still remains my favorite gun in the Halo series. That being said, I don’t use it very much since the carbine/br were made better.

I always use it on big team though.

> I honestly bet if it was the BR which was OP no-one would complain

Never underestimate a gamers ability to complain.