I started playing CE again

I really hope they add more enemies and Sprint. I forgot how long it took to get places in this game without a Warthog…and how scattered the enemy forces was…

I love the CE sniper rifle!
I love holding a ton of Grenades!

Spent an hour trying to board a banshee ;( then I gave up…

I can’t wait for the grunt funeral skull, I want to make lots of splosionz!

I found the game felt paced. Which was fantastic. It’s nice having longer trips where you aren’t fighting so much as exploring. Usually while hearing Cortana or other characters around you talk.

And no, they aren’t adding more enemies and sprint. And I wouldn’t want them to. You already move plenty faster in CE than in Reach. And adding more enemies would just make the game feel like Halo Reach’s campaign. Just a collaboration of skirmishes with slim-to-no plot.

Vehicle boarding didn’t exist in Halo CE, that’s why you couldn’t do it.

They won’t.

i hope so too, but as skulls

> I can’t wait for the grunt funeral skull, I want to make lots of splosionz!

Yeah! Judging from the video showcasing that skull, you should be able to take out whole Covie armies by shooting a single Grunt in the head! Then sit back and enjoy the fireworks. XD

Why would you try and board a Banshee in CE… Jacking was added in Halo 2…

> Why would you try and board a Banshee in CE… Jacking was added in Halo 2…

Force of habit?

I know I tried to board Ghosts, Banshees, and even a Wraith when I played through H:CE a few weeks ago. And every single time I had that “god, I’m stupid!” moment afterwards. XD

More enemies would be okay, but if Sprint was added I would go to Seattle and burn down 343 industries.

Oh hell no to sprint. In CE, you go slower by default. I’m sure one thing is going to be faster movement speeds. There’s also always a vehicle when you’re outside, unless you blow it up, lose it, or get rid of it any other way. When inside, the places aren’t too far apart to be a challenge.

Remember, it takes forever to get places in Reach because of the slower movement speeds, and sprint doesn’t last very long to be useful. Do you want that in CEA? It would be going backwards.

> There’s also always a vehicle when you’re outside, unless you blow it up, lose it, or get rid of it any other way.

You can’t blow up vehicles in H:CE, at least not Warthogs and Scorpions. As for Ghosts and Banshees, I think you can only damage them if someone’s piloting them. Might be wrong about that one, though.

Anyway, one thing that confuses me a bit is movement speed. I mean, H:CE has the slowest movement speed of all Halo games, yet people keep complaining about how slow movement is in Reach.

Halo CE has the FASTEST movement speed. Not the slowest. It was radically reduced in Halo 2. But the Jump height was lowest in CE.

What a “new-gen” opinion.

I think one of the biggest problems with the current generation of gamers is the fact that they need to be DOING SOMETHING ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT IT NEVER STOPS OH GOD MY EYES ARE EXPLODING I CAN SEE FOREVER!!!..

I appreciate games that pace themselves and don’t have you doing the above. The Halo games have always had great moments where you weren’t shooting anything, even if it was just for a little while. It gave you just enough time to take in the environment without getting bored.

Fast games =/= Good games.

> What a “new-gen” opinion.
>
> I think one of the biggest problems with the current generation of gamers is the fact that they need to be DOING SOMETHING ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT IT NEVER STOPS OH GOD MY EYES ARE EXPLODING I CAN SEE FOREVER!!!..
>
> I appreciate games that pace themselves and don’t have you doing the above. The Halo games have always had great moments where you weren’t shooting anything, even if it was just for a little while. It gave you just enough time to take in the environment without getting bored.
>
> Fast games =/= Good games.

Right, we should have Armor lock in CE.

> Halo CE has the FASTEST movement speed. Not the slowest. It was radically reduced in Halo 2. But the Jump height was lowest in CE.

You sure? I just played through H:CE again a few weeks ago and MC seemed to crawl.

> I really hope they add more enemies and Sprint. I forgot how long it took to get places in this game without a Warthog…and how scattered the enemy forces was…
>
> I love the CE sniper rifle!
> I love holding a ton of Grenades!
>
> Spent an hour trying to board a banshee ;( then I gave up…

Sprint should only be usable when not under fire.

Adding more enemies isn’t going to make much of a difference if they’re stuck where they are. But making it more convenient to setup huge battles (see here http://badcyborg.net/Halo/Fun/Index.html ) using already existing things will make a huge difference.

Vehicle boarding should only work on friendly Ghosts. Marines need to be punished for intentionally trying to splatter.

> I really hope they add more enemies and Sprint. I forgot how long it took to get places in this game without a Warthog…and how scattered the enemy forces was…
>
> I love the CE sniper rifle!
> I love holding a ton of Grenades!
>
> Spent an hour trying to board a banshee ;( then I gave up…

From what ive seen it does not look like they will be adding sprint into the story mode. Its pretty much a direct port of the original but with the option of playing with enhanced graphics (mmmm HD). We can always hope though :D.