I saw Johnson in a mechsuit.

Why is Johnson… in a mechsuit?!

Is Johnson… being brought back?

Probably because they tested a specific design and wanted some entertainment doing so while at the same time stir a lot of speculation.

I doubt, and hope, it has no deeper meaning than them choosing him to catwalk the mech suit.

Perhaps they hope it’d cause mass speculation like how i343 kept “death of chief” stuff going. I mean, they intentionally “leaked” a fake script page in their own video documentaries, like they accidentaly did for Halo 4.

> 2533274795123910;2:
> Probably because they tested a specific design and wanted some entertainment doing so while at the same time stir a lot of speculation.
>
> I doubt, and hope, it has no deeper meaning than them choosing him to catwalk the mech suit.
>
> Perhaps they hope it’d cause mass speculation like how i343 kept “death of chief” stuff going. I mean, they intentionally “leaked” a fake script page in their own video documentaries, like they accidentaly did for Halo 4.

The script wasn’t fake as it’s accurate to the ending fight scene with the Didact.

Legendary ending confirmed.

> 2533274825160595;3:
> > 2533274795123910;2:
> > Probably because they tested a specific design and wanted some entertainment doing so while at the same time stir a lot of speculation.
> >
> > I doubt, and hope, it has no deeper meaning than them choosing him to catwalk the mech suit.
> >
> > Perhaps they hope it’d cause mass speculation like how i343 kept “death of chief” stuff going. I mean, they intentionally “leaked” a fake script page in their own video documentaries, like they accidentaly did for Halo 4.
>
>
> The script wasn’t fake as it’s accurate to the ending fight scene with the Didact.

Halo 5 leaked script was intentional, and the script was fake.
Halo 4 leaked script was unintentional and real.

If I recall correctly, the image you’re referring to, Johnson’s head is literally cut and pasted onto the mech suit from a previously existing piece of Johnson artwork.

As Naqser said, they probably used Johnson’s face on the mech for -Yoink- 'n giggles, mostly.

Honestly, they could bring Johnson back in the campiest, least lore-friendly way possible, and most of the community would be fine with it.

I thought this was going to be a conversation about strangest Halo dreams :slight_smile:

> 2533274956086815;1:
> Why is Johnson… in a mechsuit?!
>
> Is Johnson… being brought back?

Where did you see him in a mech suit?

I’m sure it was just a joke between the devs.

Potentially a fun DLC unit for multiplayer.

I saw the trailer not to long ago and I was thinking “Their are going to be a lot of forums about this.”

> 2533274976890561;7:
> Honestly, they could bring Johnson back in the campiest, least lore-friendly way possible, and most of the community would be fine with it.

Pre Halo:5 maybe. Not now.

I think we are already sick of the way the lore has been treated by the head writer. His style is too heavily influenced by his previous job. Halo’s lore shouldn’t be treated like a comic book arc. It’s just not conducive to the way things have changed abruptly and with poor/loose explanations.

> 2533274809541057;6:
> If I recall correctly, the image you’re referring to, Johnson’s head is literally cut and pasted onto the mech suit from a previously existing piece of Johnson artwork.
>
> As Naqser said, they probably used Johnson’s face on the mech for -Yoink- 'n giggles, mostly.

Yeah it’s from a Halo 2: Anniversary cut scene.

Even though I don’t like the “card” system they’re implementing. I won’t lie, Johnson in a mech suit needs to be one of those cards you can call in.

> 2535463801509226;8:
> I thought this was going to be a conversation about strangest Halo dreams :slight_smile:

In the Halo Wars 2 forums?

But OP it’s not anything serious. They just did that because they wanted to. No big deal.

> 2533274975398392;15:
> Even though I don’t like the “card” system they’re implementing. I won’t lie, Johnson in a mech suit needs to be one of those cards you can call in.

I strongly agree.

Maybe it’s for non Canon multiplayer? Like AssassinJV11 said, maybe it’s a REQ card? Like having Johnson in ODST firefight.

It looks strongly like concept art but I am hoping it turns out to be more. Fingers Crossed