I Returned MCC (full refund, digital purchase)

I returned MCC. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Halo fanboy from the very beginning, but I don’t feel like 343/Microsoft having my money for a broken game is something I want to do. I’ll wait for a sale and pick it up then.

I guess this post is mostly just to serve as an FYI for anyone who is as disappointed as I was to find an unplayable MP that you CAN return MCC by calling 800-4MY-XBOX.

For proof, listen to the first 7 minutes of this podcast: http://postgamecarnagereport.com/2014/11/pgcr-episode-210-i-returned-mcc/

Cheers,

The Wach

The more returns the better. Hit MS where it hurts, your wallet.

Buy it again later once they fix it. Being patient and ‘waiting this out’ won’t do much to the execs at MS, but hurting their figures will.

Exactly why I did it.

sorry but no one cares

> 2533274842698940;4:
> sorry but no one cares

Yet you cared enough to comment, you -Yoink-.

> 2533274842698940;4:
> sorry but no one cares

That is why people have returned the game and posted about it in multiple threads on multiple websites?

Sorry, but… just because you do not care does not mean others share the same feeling.

Thanks for the info!
I am sure some other people may turn this route.
Last few threads were lacking a number and info.

Sadly I will wait it out.

[deleted]

lol @ “The Ultimate Halo and Gamers Podcast” “the master chief collection doesn’t f$%^&* work”

> 2533274842698940;4:
> sorry but no one cares

I care … Thanks OP i was worried i couldn’t return it

> 2533274795198985;7:
> Wasn’t even aware that you can do that. Return digital games.

Normally not without a serious reason. This is a very serious reason though. Xbox is giving away refunds, no questions asked.

> 2533274871590643;8:
> lol @ “The Ultimate Halo and Gamers Podcast” “the master chief collection doesn’t f$%^&* work”

haha it is sad irony isn’t it? sad, sad irony.

> 2533274980685407;9:
> > 2533274842698940;4:
> > sorry but no one cares
>
>
> I care … Thanks OP i was worried i couldn’t return it

You’re welcome. It was a fun experiment and I figured it would be worthwhile to share with the rest of the Halo community. I’m surprised it ended up being so easy.

It’s no secret that you can press a return on a digital purchase if you twist their arm enough. You just have to be aggressive about it and stretch the truth a little. Myself personally, I got MCC for $14.26, so I’m not sweating it. I’ve been successfully able to play campaign while the multiplayer is wonky. Up to 750+ Gamerscore in MCC so far.

I have to say I am now a fan of this podcast, it’s funny and this intro was perfect!

> 2533274846871105;2:
> The more returns the better. Hit MS where it hurts, your wallet.
>
> Buy it again later once they fix it. Being patient and ‘waiting this out’ won’t do much to the execs at MS, but hurting their figures will.

And it’ll probably be a couple £/$/€ cheaper too.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Congrats then bro, you’re stupid. I’ll have a tiny bit of patience, and then enjoy MCC.