I really hope...

When 343 brings the flood back I really hope we get a HD cinematic watching locke turn into a flood form

It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.

Yeah I can agree with that, of all 343 characters I would say Locke is quite inoffensive, as you say, mostly bland.

However, with new lore about Spartan teams handling Flood outbreaks and the response/consequences of one being infected, I wouldn’t mind seeing a story about that.

> 2535423750426551;1:
> When 343 brings the flood back I really hope we get a HD cinematic watching locke turn into a flood form

with the new storys in halo wars we might very well be

> 2533274794866970;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.
>
> Yeah I can agree with that, of all 343 characters I would say Locke is quite inoffensive, as you say, mostly bland.
>
> However, with new lore about Spartan teams handling Flood outbreaks and the response/consequences of one being infected, I wouldn’t mind seeing a story about that.

a new mini-series about spartan 4s and flood netflix that -Yoink-

> 2533274969578747;5:
> > 2533274794866970;3:
> > > 2533274812652989;2:
> > > It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.
> >
> > Yeah I can agree with that, of all 343 characters I would say Locke is quite inoffensive, as you say, mostly bland.
> >
> > However, with new lore about Spartan teams handling Flood outbreaks and the response/consequences of one being infected, I wouldn’t mind seeing a story about that.
>
> a new mini-series about spartan 4s and flood netflix that -Yoink-

It would be very interesting to know the nature of these breakouts, methinks the majority are along the lines of The Mona Lisa.

I don’t understand people who hate Locke.

but playing a game or reading a story where a Spartan gets infected would be super scary. Like, I don’t know if anyone here has played Resident Evil 3 (it’s a really old game, but I bought it for my ps3 in a halloween sale a long time ago) but I’m imagining something like the Nemesis, which for anyone who doesn’t know, is a really big, nearly indestructible zombie/monster that never stops, never sleeps, and is always hunting you. That’s pretty much a flood Spartan!

But never Locke.

I really HOPE that Halo 6 will allow you to choose, in multiplayer, to be an ODST, Elite, Jackal, and off course a CUSTOMIZABLE Spartan. For example like in Invasion in Halo Reach.

I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.

> 2535442603837412;9:
> I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
> He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.

First impressions are hard to shake, and the first impression we were given of Locke had the overtone of,
“Look! This is Master Chief’s new, younger, cooler replacement! Isn’t he so cool?!”

Our response was,
“No. This guy, whoever he his, can’t replace Master Chief.”

Locke’s character is written fine, and he’s perfectly capable of being the lead in his own set of games, but him being shoe-horned in over Master Chief, even taking the majority of the levels in what should have been a Master-Chief-focused Halo 5, rubbed many fans the wrong way.

In my opinion, Halo 5 should have been Master Chief primarily, and Locke’s debut game should have been a spin off like ODST and Reach, possibly named something like, “Halo: Hunters”.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.

It’s a level of hatred usually reserved for political opponents. Part of the reason I stopped interacting with the community on a regular basis. It’s just constant negativity–to a disturbing degree at times.

> 2533274798011936;11:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > It’s been almost three years and the evident hatred people have over a characaters who was, at worst, arguably blind still surprises me.
>
> It’s a level of hatred usually reserved for political opponents. Part of the reason I stopped interacting with the community on a regular basis. It’s just constant negativity–to a disturbing degree at times.

Also doesn’t help when people make up stuff about Locke to hate him. I’ve seen people say he was arrogant. Makes me wonder if the need to make up stuff about Locke to hate him point to a real lack of actual reasons to do so. Like I (tried) to say before autocorrect got me, Locke is simply bland at worst. But that also comes with the caveat of he’s bland if you only scratch the surface. Suffice it to say, I don’t think mant fans are equipped for real character analysis.

Whell I liked Osiris team! Locke was a good character in my opinion, and I still don’t get the hate he receives. That being said, I would love to see a Spartan get infected!

> 2535442603837412;9:
> I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
> He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.

I don’t think people actually hate him. I think they hate bland characters. And he’s one of them, so they just hate that. A bland character. I Doubt anyone hates anything he’s done though. He’s a decent spartan, but that’s it.

> 2533274912168474;14:
> > 2535442603837412;9:
> > I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
> > He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.
>
> I don’t think people actually hate him. I think they hate bland characters. And he’s one of them, so they just hate that. A bland character. I Doubt anyone hates anything he’s done though. He’s a decent spartan, but that’s it.

No, there is a sizesble amount of hate towards him…but hating a blandness character is a massive overreaction.

> 2533274812652989;2:

OMG you mentioning the hate over Locke and any other characters makes me so happy!

> 2533274883501878;10:
> > 2535442603837412;9:
>
> First impressions are hard to shake, and the first impression we were given of Locke had the overtone of,
> “Look! This is Master Chief’s new, younger, cooler replacement! Isn’t he so cool?!”
>
> Our response was,
> “No. This guy, whoever he his, can’t replace Master Chief.”
>
> Locke’s character is written fine, and he’s perfectly capable of being the lead in his own set of games, but him being shoe-horned in over Master Chief, even taking the majority of the levels in what should have been a Master-Chief-focused Halo 5, rubbed many fans the wrong way.
>
> In my opinion, Halo 5 should have been Master Chief primarily, and Locke’s debut game should have been a spin off like ODST and Reach, possibly named something like, “Halo: Hunters”.

Nobody should have gone into Halo 5: Guardians thinking that Locke was Chief’s replacement. Nobody could replace Chief. If that’s what you did you were just setting yourself up for disappointment.

> 2533274912168474;14:
> > 2535442603837412;9:
>
> I don’t think people actually hate him. I think they hate bland characters. And he’s one of them, so they just hate that. A bland character. I Doubt anyone hates anything he’s done though. He’s a decent spartan, but that’s it.

Being “bland” does not warrant the level of hate Locke receives.I can understand simply being indifferent towards him,but a chunk of the community absolutely abhors Locke.
Thorn is bland as hell,but he barely receives hate,if any at all.

As for the bolded,literally look at any discussion about his scuffle with Chief.
I guarantee you that 99% of the comments will be just be bashing and hating Locke.

> 2535442603837412;18:
> > 2533274912168474;14:
> > > 2535442603837412;9:
> > > I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
> > > He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.
> >
> > I don’t think people actually hate him. I think they hate bland characters. And he’s one of them, so they just hate that. A bland character. I Doubt anyone hates anything he’s done though. He’s a decent spartan, but that’s it.
>
> Being “bland” does not warrant the level of hate Locke receives.I can understand simply being indifferent towards him,but a chunk of the community absolutely abhors Locke.
> Thorn is bland as hell,but he barely receives hate,if any at all.
>
> As for the bolded,literally look at any discussion about his scuffle with Chief.
> I guarantee you that 99% of the comments will be just be bashing and hating Locke.

I just saw that as a spartan taking orders…he got his -Yoink- kicked so I dint mind the fight either lol. But idk. I dint hate him. I just felt he was ok.

> 2535455615364493;17:
> > 2533274883501878;10:
> > > 2535442603837412;9:
> > > I’ll never understand the hate for Locke.
> > > He’s easily one of the better Spartan IVs.
> >
> > First impressions are hard to shake, and the first impression we were given of Locke had the overtone of,
> > “Look! This is Master Chief’s new, younger, cooler replacement! Isn’t he so cool?!”
> >
> > Our response was,
> > “No. This guy, whoever he his, can’t replace Master Chief.”
> >
> > Locke’s character is written fine, and he’s perfectly capable of being the lead in his own set of games, but him being shoe-horned in over Master Chief, even taking the majority of the levels in what should have been a Master-Chief-focused Halo 5, rubbed many fans the wrong way.
> >
> > In my opinion, Halo 5 should have been Master Chief primarily, and Locke’s debut game should have been a spin off like ODST and Reach, possibly named something like, “Halo: Hunters”.
>
> Nobody should have gone into Halo 5: Guardians thinking that Locke was Chief’s replacement. Nobody could replace Chief. If that’s what you did you were just setting yourself up for disappointment.

That’s the point I was making. Locke’s “all hail the conquering hero” trailer set him up to be what no significant portion of the fanbase wanted him to be.