I really hope this game is amazing...

After those god awful news yesterday, if there is no delay, this campaign better be the best and most replayable Halo campaign ever. The multiplayer also better be extremely fun and at least have a decent amount of content to keep players playing because if this is Halo 5’s launch all over again, you can sadly say goodbye to that 10 year plan Microsoft has been hyping up. I feel extremely bad for the devs, I hope the game is amazing and successful 343, because we both need it.

> 2535471392625010;1:
> After those god awful news yesterday, if there is no delay, this campaign better be the best and most replayable Halo campaign ever. The multiplayer also better be extremely fun and at least have a decent amount of content to keep players playing because if this is Halo 5’s launch all over again, you can sadly say goodbye to that 10 year plan Microsoft has been hyping up. I feel extremely bad for the devs, I hope the game is amazing and successful 343, because we both need it.

They just keep on putting pressure on themselves that could be avoided. Now they have to really hit on launch and show us it’s not the same.

I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.

> 2533274802341352;3:
> I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.

Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if this flops. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.

After playing the tech demo I think it will be a solid Halo game. It was actually fun and even addictive for as basic as it was. And we have at least one more coming up to get everyone even more hyped. Only thing that doesn’t sit well tho is the game isn’t finished on launch even after years in development and a year delay. It’s a bit of a slap in the face tbh. But I think it’s already better than Halo5 so I’m just going to enjoy it regardless without coop or forge.

> 2535471392625010;4:
> > 2533274802341352;3:
> > I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.
>
> Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if they can’t surprise everyone on how great this game actually is. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.

This mindset is unreasonable. Would I like to see the game be amazing? Yes, of course. I have been playing every Halo game my whole life just like everyone else, I only need 5 more achievements to complete MCC, and played plenty of Halo 5 as well. You are preaching to the choir about this. But gaming has changed, and this game looks like is has changed quite a bit as well to adapt to the modern game market. It has gone in directions and made bold design decisions unlike any Halo before it. 343 had an impossible task, and so far from what he have ACTUALLY seen, I think they have done a fantastic job. I have no doubt that the game will be fun, but to expect it to blow every other game out of the water, and redefine the fps genre again like it did 20 years ago is just a child’s pipedream. It is unrealistic, and does nothing other than lead the community to have unreasonably high expectations that will inevitably not be met. And unfortunately, the Halo community acts like petulant children and throw tantrums when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want EXACTLY when they want it. Please remember that at the end of the day, this is just a video game, no matter how many good memories you have with it, and no matter how much you might be disappointed in certain aspects. We will all survive, and Halo will survive.

> 2533274802341352;6:
> > 2535471392625010;4:
> > > 2533274802341352;3:
> > > I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.
> >
> > Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if they can’t surprise everyone on how great this game actually is. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.
>
> This mindset is unreasonable. Would I like to see the game be amazing? Yes, of course. I have been playing every Halo game my whole life just like everyone else, I only need 5 more achievements to complete MCC, and played plenty of Halo 5 as well. You are preaching to the choir about this. But gaming has changed, and this game looks like is has changed quite a bit as well to adapt to the modern game market. It has gone in directions and made bold design decisions unlike any Halo before it. 343 had an impossible task, and so far from what he have ACTUALLY seen, I think they have done a fantastic job. I have no doubt that the game will be fun, but to expect it to blow every other game out of the water, and redefine the fps genre again like it did 20 years ago is just a child’s pipedream. It is unrealistic, and does nothing other than lead the community to have unreasonably high expectations that will inevitably not be met. And unfortunately, the Halo community acts like petulant children and throw tantrums when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want EXACTLY when they want it. Please remember that at the end of the day, this is just a video game, no matter how many good memories you have with it, and no matter how much you might be disappointed in certain aspects. We will all survive, and Halo will survive.

Nah don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that it needs to blow other games out of the water at all, it doesn’t need to innovate either to be good. I’m just saying it needs to surpass expectations which unfortunately is kinda low after that bad announcement. This needs to be the best Halo since at least Reach.

> 2535471392625010;7:
> > 2533274802341352;6:
> > > 2535471392625010;4:
> > > > 2533274802341352;3:
> > > > I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.
> > >
> > > Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if they can’t surprise everyone on how great this game actually is. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.
> >
> > This mindset is unreasonable. Would I like to see the game be amazing? Yes, of course. I have been playing every Halo game my whole life just like everyone else, I only need 5 more achievements to complete MCC, and played plenty of Halo 5 as well. You are preaching to the choir about this. But gaming has changed, and this game looks like is has changed quite a bit as well to adapt to the modern game market. It has gone in directions and made bold design decisions unlike any Halo before it. 343 had an impossible task, and so far from what he have ACTUALLY seen, I think they have done a fantastic job. I have no doubt that the game will be fun, but to expect it to blow every other game out of the water, and redefine the fps genre again like it did 20 years ago is just a child’s pipedream. It is unrealistic, and does nothing other than lead the community to have unreasonably high expectations that will inevitably not be met. And unfortunately, the Halo community acts like petulant children and throw tantrums when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want EXACTLY when they want it. Please remember that at the end of the day, this is just a video game, no matter how many good memories you have with it, and no matter how much you might be disappointed in certain aspects. We will all survive, and Halo will survive.
>
> Nah don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that it needs to blow other games out of the water at all, it doesn’t need to innovate either to be good. I’m just saying it needs to surpass expectations which unfortunately is kinda low after that bad announcement. This needs to be the best Halo since at least Reach.

I will agree with you on that front at least. I think it just depends on everyones individual expectations, and unfortunately I have seen a lot of awful takes and opinions on the forums and on reddit and youtube since yesterday. Hopefully people can calm down and at least stop slinging hate at the devs, regardless of how upset they are.

> 2533274802341352;8:
> > 2535471392625010;7:
> > > 2533274802341352;6:
> > > > 2535471392625010;4:
> > > > > 2533274802341352;3:
> > > > > I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.
> > > >
> > > > Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if they can’t surprise everyone on how great this game actually is. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.
> > >
> > > This mindset is unreasonable. Would I like to see the game be amazing? Yes, of course. I have been playing every Halo game my whole life just like everyone else, I only need 5 more achievements to complete MCC, and played plenty of Halo 5 as well. You are preaching to the choir about this. But gaming has changed, and this game looks like is has changed quite a bit as well to adapt to the modern game market. It has gone in directions and made bold design decisions unlike any Halo before it. 343 had an impossible task, and so far from what he have ACTUALLY seen, I think they have done a fantastic job. I have no doubt that the game will be fun, but to expect it to blow every other game out of the water, and redefine the fps genre again like it did 20 years ago is just a child’s pipedream. It is unrealistic, and does nothing other than lead the community to have unreasonably high expectations that will inevitably not be met. And unfortunately, the Halo community acts like petulant children and throw tantrums when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want EXACTLY when they want it. Please remember that at the end of the day, this is just a video game, no matter how many good memories you have with it, and no matter how much you might be disappointed in certain aspects. We will all survive, and Halo will survive.
> >
> > Nah don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that it needs to blow other games out of the water at all, it doesn’t need to innovate either to be good. I’m just saying it needs to surpass expectations which unfortunately is kinda low after that bad announcement. This needs to be the best Halo since at least Reach.
>
> I will agree with you on that front at least. I think it just depends on everyones individual expectations, and unfortunately I have seen a lot of awful takes and opinions on the forums and on reddit and youtube since yesterday. Hopefully people can calm down and at least stop slinging hate at the devs, regardless of how upset they are.

I think people should be more upset at Microsoft than 343. They are terrible at managing their studios.

Expecting best Halo campaign might be a little too much but I agree with you.

Series X|S in it’s one year without any first party games, without Game Pass they would’ve flopped and people are waiting an amazing game from Xbox since like 2018.

Also 343 needs to gain the trust they lost with Halo 4, MCC and of course Halo 5.

For both Xbox and 343 Infinite needs to be great if not awesome or GOTY contender. Reactions were pretty good to Flight but we didn’t seen anything from campaign since that awful 2020 gameplay and now we have no Forge and no campaign co-op at launch which is worries me more.

I hope gamescom event turns the tide for both Xbox and 343. Halo fans need it, Xbox fans need it, 343 need it, Microsoft need it.

(I don’t want to think about it’s being H5 again.)

> 2533274802341352;6:
> > 2535471392625010;4:
> > > 2533274802341352;3:
> > > I think the community only has itself to blame for a lot of our very high expectations. At the end of the day, I personally just want to play a good Halo game. I am not expecting it to completely blow my mind. I’m not the kid I once was, getting completely immersed in Halo 2. At the end of the day, I am playing a video game, and I am just happy to be playing a good one.
> >
> > Bruh I’m sorry but this is Halo. This game shouldn’t just be a decent game. It NEEDS to be amazing. We’ve waited 6 years so of course the expectations are high. It will be a major blow to Xbox if they can’t surprise everyone on how great this game actually is. Halo used to be known as the killer app and Xbox wouldn’t be here now without it, make it the killer app again, not another disappointment.
>
> This mindset is unreasonable. Would I like to see the game be amazing? Yes, of course. I have been playing every Halo game my whole life just like everyone else, I only need 5 more achievements to complete MCC, and played plenty of Halo 5 as well. You are preaching to the choir about this. But gaming has changed, and this game looks like is has changed quite a bit as well to adapt to the modern game market. It has gone in directions and made bold design decisions unlike any Halo before it. 343 had an impossible task, and so far from what he have ACTUALLY seen, I think they have done a fantastic job. I have no doubt that the game will be fun, but to expect it to blow every other game out of the water, and redefine the fps genre again like it did 20 years ago is just a child’s pipedream. It is unrealistic, and does nothing other than lead the community to have unreasonably high expectations that will inevitably not be met. And unfortunately, the Halo community acts like petulant children and throw tantrums when they don’t get EXACTLY what they want EXACTLY when they want it. Please remember that at the end of the day, this is just a video game, no matter how many good memories you have with it, and no matter how much you might be disappointed in certain aspects. We will all survive, and Halo will survive.

All I want is to be AT LEAST at the same level of content as Reach… Any less is dissapointing. You don’t buy a new version of something to get less, that’s stupid.

> 2535450514289729;10:
> Expecting best Halo campaign might be a little too much but I agree with you.
>
> Series X|S in it’s one year without any first party games, without Game Pass they would’ve flopped and people are waiting an amazing game from Xbox since like 2018.
>
> Also 343 needs to gain the trust they lost with Halo 4, MCC and of course Halo 5.
>
> For both Xbox and 343 Infinite needs to be great if not awesome or GOTY contender. Reactions were pretty good to Flight but we didn’t seen anything from campaign since that awful 2020 gameplay and now we have no Forge and no campaign co-op at launch which is worries me more.
>
> I hope gamescom event turns the tide for both Xbox and 343. Halo fans need it, Xbox fans need it, 343 need it, Microsoft need it.
>
> (I don’t want to think about it’s being H5 again.)

I wonder how “Halo” being in the name will effect its GOTY chances. Plenty of GOTY candidates or winners from recent years have been only single player or only multiplayer, with very few modes sometimes on the multiplayer side. Even with just a solo campaign and a wide enough amount of modes in multiplayer, Halo Infinite will be launching with more than many games that are heralded in this age, but the expectation of a Halo game having an insane amount of content might hurt it. And yes, I do mean insane. 3 and Reach were insane for their time, and they would be greatly more insane if released today with that much content.

I think it hinges on the campaign design and narrative for it to be something great rather than good. The mechanics are solid as seen from the Flight, the sandbox is fun, the graphics have been notched up, and if we can go by the bots, the AI is great. It all depends on if the game design allows all of those things to flourish in exciting ways. If the solo campaign is an amazing single player experience, I think it has a chance as GOTY contender.

I am still looking forward to see the upcoming Halo Infinite coming out this year. I am really hoping that Joseph Staten, Bonnie Ross and their team at 343 Industries will do the best they can to make Halo Infinite the best quality and best experience especially when it comes to the animations, visual effects, graphics and gameplay in the Halo Infinite campaign levels.

At the same time, I am also very happy that they are not releasing the Co-op Campaign levels and Forge immediately on the Halo Infinite launch. This can give them more time planning to release the Co-op Campaign levels and Forge in future Halo Infinite updates.