I really dislike this Double XP promotion

Seriously, I know it was part of Halo 3 and Reach, but why in the hell should we get Double XP by eating junk food? I don’t like Doritos or Mountain Dew for that very reason…it is very unhealthy.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I think double XP, if any, should be awarded through a different type of promotion instead of having to buy junk food just to get it.

It’s a trend with popular games now. I am a little disappointed but not surprised. Plus you can’t really expect them to say no to the additional revenue.

> It’s a trend with popular games now. I am a little disappointed but not surprised. Plus you can’t really expect them to say no to the additional revenue.

Yeah this is true.

Yeah but the thing is, soda and chips sell really well whether you think it’s unhealthy or not. It opens up a lot of revenue for Microsoft as well as Mtn Dew and Doritos.

I love it in a selfish way. If they handle it like MW3 you can just go to the store, look at the back of the bag and write down the codes without buying them. It’s pretty awful to do but if you’re feeling cheap…

> I love it in a selfish way. If they handle it like MW3 you can just go to the store, look at the back of the bag and write down the codes without buying them. It’s pretty awful to do but if you’re feeling cheap…

Clever sir, however that is EXTREMELY cheap.

> I love it in a selfish way. If they handle it like MW3 you can just go to the store, look at the back of the bag and write down the codes without buying them. It’s pretty awful to do but if you’re feeling cheap…

I’d imagine you could get more EXP by staying home and playing. I don’t know how double EXP codes work but if it’s a one-time use then that’s pretty low to the next customer who is interested in actually buying the product for the code.

That’s even worse than buying the food.

> Yeah but the thing is, soda and chips sell really well whether you think it’s unhealthy or not. It opens up a lot of revenue for Microsoft as well as Mtn Dew and Doritos.

I got an idea, lets do a test, lets put promotion codes on junk food, and Free full game codes on Health food, and lets see which people buy more of… I’m placing my bets on the Junk Food.

> > Yeah but the thing is, soda and chips sell really well whether you think it’s unhealthy or not. It opens up a lot of revenue for Microsoft as well as Mtn Dew and Doritos.
>
> I got an idea, lets do a test, lets put promotion codes on junk food, and Free full game codes on Health food, and lets see which people buy more of… I’m placing my bets on the Junk Food.

Lol, same here.

> > Yeah but the thing is, soda and chips sell really well whether you think it’s unhealthy or not. It opens up a lot of revenue for Microsoft as well as Mtn Dew and Doritos.
>
> I got an idea, lets do a test, lets put promotion codes on junk food, and Free full game codes on Health food, and lets see which people buy more of… I’m placing my bets on the Junk Food.

Yeah, but the cheap -Yoinks!- will still just write down all of the codes, lol

Dorito’s codes are on the outside of the bag for some stupid reason. And I don’t drink that much soda. I’ll just send in a bunch of free code requests and buy a 12 pack of game fuel.

Doritos are actually quite healthy. They are low in saturated fat. They give a quick dose of carbohyrdates, for that much needed energy boost. They are excelent snacks, everything is healthy in moderation.

Nothing wrong with the promotion, it’s up to the consumer to eat responsibly. Can’t blame the business, if there were a market for human toes you bet your -Yoink- there would be a promotion for it.

> Doritos are actually quite healthy. They are low in saturated fat. They give a quick dose of carbohyrdates, for that much needed energy boost. They are excelent snacks, everything is healthy in moderation.

Don’t know about the first part, but the last is true.

> Doritos are actually quite healthy. They are low in saturated fat. They give a quick dose of carbohyrdates, for that much needed energy boost. They are excelent snacks, everything is healthy in moderation.

Yeah, any food is fine in moderation. The reason I dislike Doritos is because it’s made with MSG and that keeps you wanting to eat more. As for Mountain Dew, I’ve never been a fan of it and don’t drink soda anymore, I’m a Gatorade, juice, and water guy now.

> > Doritos are actually quite healthy. They are low in saturated fat. They give a quick dose of carbohyrdates, for that much needed energy boost. They are excelent snacks, everything is healthy in moderation.
>
> Yeah, any food is fine in moderation. The reason I dislike Doritos is because it’s made with MSG and that keeps you wanting to eat more. As for Mountain Dew, I’ve never been a fan of it and <mark>don’t drink soda anymore</mark>, I’m a Gatorade, juice, and water guy now.

A bit off topic, but same for me. I don’t drink soda.

Not because its mainly unhealthy, but because for some reason I just hate carbonated things. I hate gingerale, carbonated water, anything thats carbonated. I just can’t drink it.
But it works out in my favor because of how unhealthy sodas can be.

On topic, its a business technique. Marketing. Doritos are advertised as people get them for Halo 4 related things.
Not the best, especially if the codes are outside, but thats how things have been going recently.

> > > Doritos are actually quite healthy. They are low in saturated fat. They give a quick dose of carbohyrdates, for that much needed energy boost. They are excelent snacks, everything is healthy in moderation.
> >
> > Yeah, any food is fine in moderation. The reason I dislike Doritos is because it’s made with MSG and that keeps you wanting to eat more. As for Mountain Dew, I’ve never been a fan of it and <mark>don’t drink soda anymore</mark>, I’m a Gatorade, juice, and water guy now.
>
> A bit off topic, but same for me. I don’t drink soda.
>
> Not because its mainly unhealthy, but because for some reason I just hate carbonated things. I hate gingerale, carbonated water, anything thats carbonated. I just can’t drink it.
> But it works out in my favor because of how unhealthy sodas can be.
>
>
>
> On topic, its a business technique. Marketing. Doritos are advertised as people get them for Halo 4 related things.
> Not the best, especially if the codes are outside, but thats how things have been going recently.

They should just make the code not active till it is bought at the register, like how Microsoft Point cards work.

Already got a code :slight_smile: Doritos Cool Ranch is good!

> > I love it in a selfish way. If they handle it like MW3 you can just go to the store, look at the back of the bag and write down the codes without buying them. It’s pretty awful to do but if you’re feeling cheap…
>
> I’d imagine you could get more EXP by staying home and playing. I don’t know how double EXP codes work but if it’s a one-time use then that’s pretty low to the next customer who is interested in actually buying the product for the code.

Hahaha, I know. There’s no morale justification for it, but whatever maybe they should just be a little quicker. You snooze, you lose, people! I will be raiding all your Walmarts and 7-11s for Double XP!