I question the new shotgun look

So I’m sure you all have seen the new shotgun look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2ykrmrczU

I’ve seen a lot of positive reactions. Which is good, mind you, b/c people have been complaining about everything. (halo fans: we care too much)

Personally, I’m not sure how I feel about it, not really against it but it was surprising to me. It is just soooo different.

1. It isn’t a dual tubular top loader.
  2. The single load tube appears to be underneath the barrel this time.
  3. To me, it appears to be quite a bit longer.
  4. Does this model’s pump action slide forward/backward?!!!? do you see what I mean?

That being said, it looks good, for a random futuristic shotgun. But why did they swap out features on such an odd fictitious shotgun in the first place. I mean, like the iconic Assault Rifle, which they reverted to its classic form, one of the things that makes Halo, Halo, is its weird menagerie of strange looking weapons.

The bulbous dual tubular top with barrel underneath and third level for pump action slide definitely had a unique recognizable look. It could have been graphically updated and remained functionally the same.

Since the functional look has changed, seemingly getting longer and sleeker, does this mean a change in gameplay? Will the shotgun have a longer range, tighter spread? Decrease in power, faster ROF?

What does this change mean? (There has been some non-confirmed evidence that the shotgun will be a loadout weapon. How will this mean changes in its abilities to balance it?) (I will be actually mad if it’s not 8 gauge as well)

Think of it like this: The UNSC has improved their tech quite dramatically (They have freakin’ Rail Guns).

To me, it looks like they have meshed it with Forerunner technology, to make it more advanced.

I have to admit, it does look very -Yoink!-.

A shotgun is a shotgun as long as it blows off some heads.

I, for one, like the look of this new shotgun. But to be honest, I’m more concerned about how it plays, rather than how it looks. As Itzy Bitsy Cat put:

> A shotgun is a shotgun as long as it blows off some heads.

Even though the changes 343 have made in terms of design have been pretty radical, They aren’t bad at all.

I like it

The pump was pulled back in the picture, I think.

To me, it looks like they took the m90 and ‘modernized’ it like they did with the br.

It fits very well with the halo 4 weapon designs

> So I’m sure you all have seen the new shotgun look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2ykrmrczU
>
> I’ve seen a lot of positive reactions. Which is good, mind you, b/c people have been complaining about everything. (halo fans: we care too much)
>
> Personally, I’m not sure how I feel about it, not really against it but it was surprising to me. It is just soooo different.
>
> 1) It isn’t a dual tubular top loader.
> 2) The single load tube appears to be underneath the barrel this time.
> 3) To me, it appears to be quite a bit longer.
> 4) Does this model’s pump action slide forward/backward?!!!? do you see what I mean?
>
> That being said, it looks good, for a random futuristic shotgun. But why did they swap out features on such an odd fictitious shotgun in the first place. I mean, like the iconic Assault Rifle, which they reverted to its classic form, one of the things that makes Halo, Halo, is its weird menagerie of strange looking weapons.
>
> The bulbous dual tubular top with barrel underneath and third level for pump action slide definitely had a unique recognizable look. It could have been graphically updated and remained functionally the same.
>
> Since the functional look has changed, seemingly getting longer and sleeker, does this mean a change in gameplay? Will the shotgun have a longer range, tighter spread? Decrease in power, faster ROF?
>
> What does this change mean? (There has been some non-confirmed evidence that the shotgun will be a loadout weapon. How will this mean changes in its abilities to balance it?) (I will be actually mad if it’s not 8 gauge as well)

I’m really not sure how I feel about it. I agree with your analysis on how the design may now have totally changed how the weapon functions. To me it looks like a thicker DC-15A blaster rifle from Clone Wars.

> So I’m sure you all have seen the new shotgun look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk2ykrmrczU
>
> I’ve seen a lot of positive reactions. Which is good, mind you, b/c people have been complaining about everything. (halo fans: we care too much)
>
> Personally, I’m not sure how I feel about it, not really against it but it was surprising to me. It is just soooo different.
>
> 1) It isn’t a dual tubular top loader.
> 2) The single load tube appears to be underneath the barrel this time.
> 3) To me, it appears to be quite a bit longer.
> 4) <mark>Does this model’s pump action slide forward/backward?!!!? do you see what I mean?</mark>
> That being said, it looks good, for a random futuristic shotgun. But why did they swap out features on such an odd fictitious shotgun in the first place. I mean, like the iconic Assault Rifle, which they reverted to its classic form, one of the things that makes Halo, Halo, is its weird menagerie of strange looking weapons.
>
> The bulbous dual tubular top with barrel underneath and third level for pump action slide definitely had a unique recognizable look. It could have been graphically updated and remained functionally the same.
>
> Since the functional look has changed, seemingly getting longer and sleeker, does this mean a change in gameplay? Will the shotgun have a longer range, tighter spread? Decrease in power, faster ROF?
>
> What does this change mean? (There has been some non-confirmed evidence that the shotgun will be a loadout weapon. How will this mean changes in its abilities to balance it?) (I will be actually mad if it’s not 8 gauge as well)

First thing I noticed. Overall I don’t think it looks so bad. Certainly not my favorite Halo shotgun, but it still looks cool.

> I, for one, like the look of this new shotgun. But to be honest, I’m more concerned about how it plays, rather than how it looks. As Itzy Bitsy Cat put:
>
>
>
> > A shotgun is a shotgun as long as it blows off some heads.

I do like the look, for the look’s sake. But yeah my main thing is whether or not such a dramatic change in look will indicate a change in gameplay?

What if it gains range, with that long snout its got, but becomes a two shot kill? maybe the scattershot will be the only ‘one shot to the face’ gun?

not sure I would like that although it could be balanced…

> > I, for one, like the look of this new shotgun. But to be honest, I’m more concerned about how it plays, rather than how it looks. As Itzy Bitsy Cat put:
> >
> >
> >
> > > A shotgun is a shotgun as long as it blows off some heads.
>
> I do like the look, for the look’s sake. But yeah my main thing is whether or not such a dramatic change in look will indicate a change in gameplay?
>
> What if it gains range, with that long snout its got, but becomes a two shot kill? maybe the scattershot will be the only ‘one shot to the face’ gun?
>
> not sure I would like that although it could be balanced…

That would be absolutely horrible.