I played terribly, and got butchered...

So I played a game of MLG Dispatch with some guys as a warm up game, and having not played a game of classic Halo in two months and never having played the map, I got BUTCHERED. And yet it didn’t piss me off… in reality, it made me want to play some games to get my BR working again, learn the map layout etc. (sadly since we had insufficient numbers when someone left the party disbanded).

That’s the problem with Halo 4, there’s no investment so there’s no payoff. You can drop into SWAT without any warm up or learning and dominate, or you can drop into TS, sneak around with the Boltshot, and get kills until you get your own personal power weapon. Without the sense that you’re having to improve, there’s no sense of accomplishment.

COD fans who want instant satisfaction will always move onto the next thing. Halo fans have always been about working up to that payoff… don’t neglect your fans. Bring back skill based gameplay.

Oh please, stop slamming COD. The fact remains that it is a successful franchise and at least at one point took skill.

I couldn’t agree more I made a post kinda like this but you just spot-on nailed it.

> Oh please, stop slamming COD. The fact remains that it is a successful franchise and at least at one point took skill.

It is a successful franchise, sure, but successful doesn’t have any merit on its competitive elements. The general consumer public don’t want competition - they want to be able to get on the game and score kills, with K/D carefully hidden away in favor of “Points” and medal/achievement spam. Halo hasn’t been about that though, it has always been firmly about competition, and in a grab for a piece of that casual pie they also lost the faith of their core audience.