I now have a personal hate of Hemmorrhage

Since Reach came out I thought that Hemmorrhage was the worst of Bungie’s maps. It had little-to-no thought put in it, and was designed for Big Team Slayer. Now it’s in almost every playlist and features all kinds of gametypes. Team Snipers is only okay on the map if it is Snipers Pro, otherwise people camp in the cave. The map’s made it into PREMIUM BATTLE for God’s sakes. The playlist that’s about Noble and Defiant now includes Hemmorrhage. Moreover, the objective-based DLC playlist includes it. The map was solely designed to bring back the BloodGulch feel, and it did do that. It’s not THAT good of a map that I want to play it no matter where I am or what I’m playing. The map is in BTB, Team Snipers, Premium Battle, Premium Slayer, Action Sack, Team Objective, (not sure) Team Slayer, (not sure) Squad Slayer, and I’m sure there’s more that I’m forgetting. It is a Big Team Map, built for slayer, so why is it in anything other than Big Team Battle? I will grant the map Action Sack and Team Snipers, as Hog-Potato is somewhat fun and it has long sight lines that are perfect for Snipers. Just discard normal Snipers on that map, make it Snipers Pro only. (Note that normal Snipers is fine to play, just not on Hemmorrhage. Just wanted to make sure that you guys understood that part) I’ve more or less put up with the map since release, but it’s got to be removed from some of these playlists now. At the very least the Premium playlists.

If Hemorrhage were to be completely and entirely removed from everything except BTB Slayer, nothing of value would be lost.

meh. i have more issues with the design of the map than the amount of playlists its in.

I do wish less forgeworld maps would be in matchmaking. im tired of green and gray everywhere

I like it but they made it too hilly unlike the CE version

> I like it but they made it too hilly unlike the CE version

What? Hemorrage’s hills are only about half as steep as Blood Gulch’s.

Me too. Hemmoroids in team snipers is horribad.

> > I like it but they made it too hilly unlike the CE version
>
> What? Hemorrage’s hills are only about half as steep as Blood Gulch’s.

yeah but that is a big change in gameplay

Paragraphs OP. It makes reading easier, seriously is it not that hard to simply press the enter button?

Also, i like Hemorrhage but it isn’t your momma’s Blood Gulch. Since i can’t drive really well, the hills kill it for me. Which is another point, why do vehicles have to flip so damn easily?

I completely and utterly agree with you, proud nerd. Hemorrhage is a disgrace to modern day map design.

Back in the days of H:CE, Blood Gulch was a bad map already; a large, empty shoe box with a tiny base at the top and bottom end each. Such a map is as far from being elaborate or sophisticated as humanly possible. It’s merely pathetic.

But at least Blood Gulch served a purpose because back then it was one of only two maps (the other being Sidewinder) where you could have fun with vehicles. So you were inclined to overlook the abysmally horrific map design in exchange for having another map where you could drive around in Warthogs, Ghosts, and Scorpions.

Today, however, there is no excuse for maps like Blood Gulch and it’s successors Coagulation and Hemorrhage. Not even nostalgia. Nothing can justify a map as mindless like that.

> If Hemorrhage were to be completely and entirely removed from everything except BTB Slayer, nothing of value would be lost.

This is true

> > If Hemorrhage were to be completely and entirely removed from everything except BTB Slayer, nothing of value would be lost.
>
> This is true

Very true indeed.

Too many scattered rocks and vehicles. They need to narrow down on those rocks, make weapons like they were in halo ce, and put it on a classic playlist for only CTF and BTB slayer. You see if they add new forge peices, like the halo 1 pistol and put the map on the new classic playlist it would be cool.

This is why attempting remakes like this is a silly idea, all the long range weapons and the fact you spawn with a weapon that has Anti-Vehicle Rounds is a bad idea.

People don’t think about these things before they ask for remakes.

> Since Reach came out I thought that Hemmorrhage was the worst of Bungie’s maps. It had little-to-no thought put in it, and was designed for Big Team Slayer.

Woah, woah, woah. One of their worst maps? I think we’re forgetting 50% of the community maps on Forge World in BTB and… of course… Isolation. shudder

> Now it’s in almost every playlist and features all kinds of gametypes. Team Snipers is only okay on the map if it is Snipers Pro, otherwise people camp in the cave.

Competitive Playlists Hemorrhage is in: 6/12

Community Playlists Hemorrhage is in: 1/4

DLC Playlists Hemorrhage is in: 1/2

Total Playlists Hemorrhage is in: 7/18

7/18 is no where NEAR almost every playlist. Check yourself before you make assumptions like that…

And if people are hiding in caves… unless they’re all in the one with the pond, it’s not hard to snipe them out. That is, unless you keep attempting to go in the same entrance over and over and then get upset when you keep getting no-scoped upon entering. There is literal no impregnable position on Team Snipers: Hemorrhage as long as you think for more than 10 seconds about your current position as long as you have a full team of 4 people.

> The map’s made it into PREMIUM BATTLE for God’s sakes. The playlist that’s about Noble and Defiant now includes Hemmorrhage.

Premium Battle and Premium Slayer are both meant to highlight the DLC maps and yet not meant to exclusively feature them. Their purpose has been to have a DLC heavy playlist, not a DLC exclusive playlist from the very beginning. If you’re not okay with that then just go play custom games with the DLC.

> Moreover, the objective-based DLC playlist includes it. The map was solely designed to bring back the BloodGulch feel, and it did do that.

You just said this. Premium Battle is objective-based DLC… are you even paying attention anymore?

> It’s not THAT good of a map that I want to play it no matter where I am or what I’m playing.

Name any map that would work for any playlist. I’ll give you a while. Think about it. What’s that? There isn’t one? Oh. I guess that would render your argument invalid wouldn’t it? Yeah…

> The map is in BTB, Team Snipers, Premium Battle, Premium Slayer, Action Sack, Team Objective, (not sure) Team Slayer, (not sure) Squad Slayer, and I’m sure there’s more that I’m forgetting.

Why the hell would you list playlists that you THINK its in (it isn’t by the way) in a list of them, only to put a disclaimer directly after it saying you don’t know if its necessarily in it?! That’s like if I said “The following people were all definitely involved directly in the murder: John Smith, Jason Smith, Ron Burgundy, Ethan Jugby (not sure), Steven Wilkinson (not sure), and there’s some others I’m forgetting.” You can’t do that, it doesn’t make logical sense…

> It is a Big Team Map, built for slayer, so why is it in anything other than Big Team Battle? I will grant the map Action Sack and Team Snipers, as Hog-Potato is somewhat fun and it has long sight lines that are perfect for Snipers.

"It was made for this purpose, it doesn’t belong in any other playlist besides the one it was made for. Although it does belong in these two, but it still doesn’t belong in any other playlist!!!"

What?

> Just discard normal Snipers on that map, make it Snipers Pro only. (Note that normal Snipers is fine to play, just not on Hemmorrhage. Just wanted to make sure that you guys understood that part)

Really? Do pistols (if you’re even close to decent at sniping then the pistol is not a threat to you and is only used when you’re in a close range fight and run out of ammo) and mongooses (easy to snipe people off of anyway) really break the game that badly? No, they don’t…

> I’ve more or less put up with the map since release, but it’s got to be removed from some of these playlists now. At the very least the Premium playlists.

Good to know you’ve put up with it. Must have been really hard for you to play on the same Blood Gulch-type that’s been in every Bungie-made Halo game. I feel for you dude, I really do.

> I completely and utterly agree with you, proud nerd. Hemorrhage is a disgrace to modern day map design.
>
> Back in the days of H:CE, Blood Gulch was a bad map already; a large, empty shoe box with a tiny base at the top and bottom end each. Such a map is as far from being elaborate or sophisticated as humanly possible. It’s merely pathetic.
>
> But at least Blood Gulch served a purpose because back then it was one of only two maps (the other being Sidewinder) where you could have fun with vehicles. So you were inclined to overlook the abysmally horrific map design in exchange for having another map where you could drive around in Warthogs, Ghosts, and Scorpions.
>
> Today, however, there is no excuse for maps like Blood Gulch and it’s successors Coagulation and Hemorrhage. Not even nostalgia. Nothing can justify a map as mindless like that.

Don’t about valhalla. One thing i will disagree with you is that coagulation and blood gulch and even hemmorage are good maps, they just need some work. I think if renegade was a map with new graphics it would be amazing, it’s only problem was too much grey.

> If Hemorrhage were to be completely and entirely removed from everything except BTB Slayer, nothing of value would be lost.

Believe it or not the first DavidJCobb post in history I’ve adamantly disagreed with. :expressionless: