I never saw anyone use the slide ability?

I was really looking forward to seeing it used in gameplay but i haven’t yet. :confused:

> 2533274809169058;1:
> I was really looking forward to seeing it used in gameplay but i haven’t yet. :confused:

If some one have gameplay of is please post. :slight_smile:

anyone…!?

I didn’t know there was slide after a day of playing the Beta. It’s rarely used. :stuck_out_tongue: Well from what I’ve noticed.

> 2533274840454293;4:
> I didn’t know there was slide after a day of playing the Beta. It’s rarely used. :stuck_out_tongue: Well from what I’ve noticed.

:confused: something i was looking forward to using, and chances are it won’t make the final cut cause you didn’t even know it was in there. Didn’t you see the MP vidoc about the new abilities :/?

> 2533274809169058;1:
> I was really looking forward to seeing it used in gameplay but i haven’t yet. :confused:

i bet itl get used more when shotguns are available, it feels like a pro shotgun mechanic

What’s the point in slide? We’ve already got boost, which is only aesthetically different.

Probably haven’t seen much of it, because people don’t know about it or currently still find it a useless gimmick. Until I experience it myself or someone else actually shows how useful it is, then I will just pass it off as just another flashy ability till then.

Ground pound and slide are the 2 abilities I rarely saw people using.

> 2535420014591908;7:
> What’s the point in slide? We’ve already got boost, which is only aesthetically different.

Load up living dead on halo reach, and you’ll see the banner is a diving zombie for a spartan, but imagine your about to get sliced as your in sprint. but instead you slide under the zombie slicing for you and pull the trigger. LIFE SAVER.

I understand what you’re saying from an arena point of view, but infection i believe it can really help an add a new level of survival dynamic to the game. :slight_smile:

Half the time i think that halos arena fans forget there is more to the community than just them ( i don’t necessarily mean you, but its all i see)

> 2533274892545310;9:
> Ground pound and slide are the 2 abilities I rarely saw people using.

i got some pretty sweet GP kills, it takes some skill to pull off though so its rewarding when you get a kill with it, however, in most cases it leaves you wide open so its pretty risky

> 2533274821174589;8:
> Probably haven’t seen much of it, because people don’t know about it or currently still find it a useless gimmick. Until I experience it myself or someone else actually shows how useful it is, then I will just pass it off as just another flashy ability till then.

Load up living dead on halo reach, and you’ll see the banner is a diving zombie for a spartan, but imagine your about to get sliced as your in sprint. but instead you slide under the zombie slicing for you and pull the trigger. LIFE SAVER.
I understand what you’re saying from an arena point of view, but infection i believe it can really help an add a new level of survival dynamic to the game. :slight_smile:
Half the time i think that halos arena fans forget there is more to the community than just them ( i don’t necessarily mean you, but its all i see)

I’ve used the slide a few times. It just feels pretty useless. It would be cool if they had maps with certain routes that could only be accessed by crouching or sliding.

> 2533274794289591;13:
> I’ve used the slide a few times. It just feels pretty useless. It would be cool if they had maps with certain routes that could only be accessed by crouching or sliding.

Thats a brilliant idea, perhaps there is still time for that to be implemented, especially in forge maps. tweet that out to the devs :smiley:

> 2533274809169058;1:

For the first day of the beta I didn’t even know we could do it, then I saw somebody else do it. It actually works quite well once you get a handle on the new controls. I don’t think I have any footage though as I couldn’t be bothered to hook up my recorder and I don’t think I managed to get any with the game DVR. Might turn the console on and see if the beta’s still on (don’t live in the US, so hard to tell when the beta will actually end since it’s not 10.45am on Monday here) and see if I can get a few recorded if it is.

> 2533274802510172;15:
> > 2533274809169058;1:
> > I was really looking forward to seeing it used in gameplay but i haven’t yet. :confused:
>
>
> For the first day of the beta I didn’t even know we could do it, then I saw somebody else do it. It actually works quite well once you get a handle on the new controls. I don’t think I have any footage though as I couldn’t be bothered to hook up my recorder and I don’t think I managed to get any with the game DVR. Might turn the console on and see if the beta’s still on (don’t live in the US, so hard to tell when the beta will actually end since it’s not 10.45am on Monday here) and see if I can get a few recorded if it is.

I hope i see it, im dying to use it in the final game in infection game types. :smiley:

> 2602973356072471;11:
> > 2533274892545310;9:
> > Ground pound and slide are the 2 abilities I rarely saw people using.
>
>
> i got some pretty sweet GP kills, it takes some skill to pull off though so its rewarding when you get a kill with it, however, in most cases it leaves you wide open so its pretty risky

I’ve seen that you can use the GP from quite a distance away, have you tested with it to see what kind of distances it can go?

1. You should be a bit more patient than expecting a flood of replies and links.

2. Bumping/spamming is something that clutters the place and is against the Rules and Guidelines.

3. It’s the first weekend of a small group of players that though know about the move in Destiny and a few others, aren’t remembering to use it right now. The meta-game is going to take a bit to figure out for many because even if they’re used to the gameplay in other games, seeing Halo and thinking “slide” isn’t conditioned.
    I find Ground Pound to be superfluous but Sliding and Dashing have been great.

Haven’t seen any gameplay with slide being used. Hope we see some soon.

Is there really any reason for it currently?
I know people have TRIED to use the tackle because they want to see what it does but outside of that none of these abilities are actively used.
The same goes for ground slam, it’s there but what’s the purpose? It’s just way faster to shoot a person dead.

These things need an actual reason to be used. If they are just additional options its nice at all but offer nothing … what’s the point?
Everyone use vaulting because that obviously helps none of the other stuff does.
That hovering i have seen being cursed at more than anything because it stops you dead in the air making you an easy target.
And since zooming in is all the rage now people forget about it and end up stuck up there for a bit.